User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No, it's good. If "good" is good, it's good. We good?
    I agree with what you initially said, and I'd go one further to say that this good is a double edged good, because it makes it all the less likely that they will acknowledge when they HAVE done something wrong.

NF's in my experience are the kings and queens of the following back-handed apologies:

- I'm sorry you feel that way
    - I didn't mean to bring it up
    - I'm sorry it upset you
    - I don't know how I could've acted otherwise

etc... none of which actually acknowledges any fault on their own part except for unintentionally causing your negative emotions, but never, never for your emotion being VALID because what they did was WRONG.

Naturally, I'm talking about when they're behaving badly... which all of us do sometimes. This is what I've come to recognize though as a particular type of behaving badly that's very NF... most of 'em are groovy and cool though, mosta the time.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The OP makes a degree of sense. In my observations, NFs, moreso than NT, SJ, and SP, are capable of justifying whatever they do, whether the actions are impulsive or premeditated. The strong tendency to trust Feeling coupled with the lack of respect for convention can lead NFs to follow whatever whims please them, and still believe their righteousness to be consistently impeccable.

I thought I did a decent job de-ranting the rant, and stating the potential cause of the problems leading to the ranter's frustration. "This is bad?"

Rationalizing bad behavior is an NF thing? NFs are somehow better at it? Humans rationalize bad behavior. It's theoretically conceivable that an NF with Fi may use morality to do it (although I've never seen anyone do this... perhaps you should give me an example of it). That doesn't in any way raise the stature of this thread above bitter rant. I also hope your own baggage hasn't led you make such vast generalizations, or so-called tenedncies that embrace INFPs, ENFPs, INFJs, and ENFJs.

(I've got an orch. rehearsal, so it'll be ~3 hrs. before I can respond to any response you care to give.)

MBTI
    INFP

I've found a solution to this, substitute -

Never apologize!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Rationalizing bad behavior is an NF thing? NFs are somehow better at it? Humans rationalize bad behavior. It's theoretically conceivable that an NF with Fi may use morality to do it (although I've never seen anyone do this... perhaps you should give me an example of it).
    1. Everything I've posted (or will post) in this thread has been generalization with consideration to both groups of people and tendencies. I'm often misunderstood as saying things "are..." as opposed to saying things "often tend to be..." It's the latter.

2. It is also primarily detached, abstract analysis in the INTP style. The analysis is its own goal. I might as well be discussing a mental creation as actual people.

3. I would say NFs have less of a need to rationalize than others. To use function terminology, their dominant judging function is Feeling, so if something strikes the NF as right, it will likely forever be considered to be right. There is less of a felt need to make excuses for actions. SFs tend to be less influenced by the concept of chasing ideals, and therefore show dissimilar inclination here.

4. I will invent an example: an ENFP has plans to do something with a person. They then find out their favorite band is playing the same day, cancel the plans, and feel no guilt. They have followed their heart, and feel justified in doing so, which leads to...

5. All types can demonstrate behavior similar to this. As stated earlier, it is the method of justification which is somewhat unique.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Really? I didn't think all NFs were like that, maybe it's just a few you know? Who knows..but I thought I had my priorities in order, being an F? maybe that's values..is there a difference between values and priorities? Maybe a difference between T and F? now I'm confused, I'll leave it at that
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infp

MBTI rants are hilarious because they idiotically typecast huge numbers of people who loosely identify with an unscientific personality theory with little bearing the the real world.

It's not NF's you don't like, it's people who are selfish and egotistical or who otherwise suck that you don't like. I bet what you described sums up like three or four people you'ver met who you loosely hypothesize as NF's.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Really? I didn't think all NFs were like that.
    I'm actually frustrated now, and that's fairly rare. *bestows some kind of award to OneWithSoul*

Add: IF the post was directed at my post.

Add to Add: Apparently, it wasn't, so everything is fine (in Heaven).

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    MBTI rants are hilarious because they idiotically typecast huge numbers of people who loosely identify with an unscientific personality theory with little bearing the the real world.

It's not NF's you don't like, it's people who are selfish and egotistical or who otherwise suck that you don't like. I bet what you described sums up like three or four people you'ver met who you loosely hypothesize as NF's.
    God, that was SO INFP

No, no it really was... heheh... "we are all individuals, you can't pigeonhole people... everyone's unique..."

*puts on Te jackboots and squishes the INFP like an ant mwuahahahahahaha*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    God, that was SO INFP

No, no it really was... heheh... "we are all individuals, you can't pigeonhole people... everyone's unique..."

*puts on Te jackboots and squishes the INFP like an ant mwuahahahahahaha*
    That last part was a real argument clincher.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy1813 View Post
    That last part was a real argument clincher.
    yeah, I thought it'd go down well

eh, I was only playing. everyone knows that, right? ... right...?