User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 228

  1. #21
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Of course I could, and exceptionally well. But it doesn't match my observations, so it wouldn't please me to do so: Big difference between INTP and ENTJ.
    My observations would place SPs as the most flighty.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My observations would place SPs as the most flighty.
    I would say SPs are finicky, which can lead to similar behavior. But the theme of my argument is justification, regarding which, differences exist.

  3. #23
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".
    You seem like a great guy that is destined to attract NFs looking for quality relationships.

  4. #24
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".

    I'm NF and I am intensely loyal. I won't go into too much detail but I've been through two longstanding major life crises with different people. I'm always there for my friends. GD if I had a dollar for every time I did something for someone out of loyalty and fairness to them. Even in those times when I've wanted to run I didn't and I don't out of principle. This is kind of a wide brush you're using to tar peeps with... maybe you're just having a rant though. My friends are good to me too, it inspires loyalty.
    Last edited by violaine; 10-04-2008 at 03:51 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I am fully aware I won't get any brownie points for saying this, so please note my reckless disregard for my own social status.

    The OP makes a degree of sense. In my observations, NFs, moreso than NT, SJ, and SP, are capable of justifying whatever they do, whether the actions are impulsive or premeditated. The strong tendency to trust Feeling coupled with the lack of respect for convention can lead NFs to follow whatever whims please them, and still believe their righteousness to be consistently impeccable.
    Addition to above:

    The flipside to this coin is that NFs Feeling-based decisions usually lead them to do what most people call "good."

  6. #26
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Are NF's loyal? IME... No. They are flighty. Never have their priorities straight. For people who are so "people-orientated" a lot of them dont have many close friends.

    IME Sp and Sj are far more loyal. Sticking with their true friends when they most need them. NFs are so wrapped up in themselves. I think they are the most selfish people out there. Ever talk to an NF on the phone? Garauntee the conversation will always find a way back to the NF's favorite topic.... themself.

    However, NF's are prone to the "holding onto a shitty relationship way too long" syndrome. Could that even be considered loyal? It seems like something else to me. Neediness, clinginess. Not loyalty.


    They're also hypocrites. Will leech onto you and depend on you for everything. For emotional stability. For friendship. Will want to share their whole life with you. They want to tell you all their problems. But as soon as you need them for something, it's never as important as when THEY have a problem.

    These are the type of people... You could save their life one day. And they next day they would end your friendship because they need to "find themself and start over".

    Go away, little fly.

    Did you get syphilis and your brain degrade to swiss cheese? I don't understand how people who make posts like this think.

  7. #27
    Member Lizzy1813's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Addition to above:

    The flipside to this coin is that NFs Feeling-based decisions usually lead them to do what most people call "good."
    And this is bad...?

    I personally have a friend who acts the way he's generalizing NFs: wants to talk about herself, isn't interested in what I have to say, etc....and she's an NT! I think it's either spoiled or unbalanced people who act this way, not a specific type...everyone is their own person, with their own choices to be a certain way. Yes, nature (type) can influence this, but it is each induvidual's decision to be that way that dictates their final actions.

  8. #28
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    2 things surprise me about this thread:

    1) I read it.
    2) People are actually seriously responding to it. It's a RANT. Clearly all NFs aren't flighty self-centered, flaky lame-o ditziepoops. Nor are those traits exclusive to any type (except "human"). Dude(tte)'s just ranting. What's to discuss?

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy1813 View Post
    And this is bad...?
    No, it's good. If "good" is good, it's good. We good?

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    2 things surprise me about this thread:

    1) I read it.
    2) People are actually seriously responding to it. It's a RANT. Clearly all NFs aren't flighty self-centered, flaky lame-o ditziepoops. Nor are those traits exclusive to any type (except "human"). Dude(tte)'s just ranting. What's to discuss?
    I thought I did a decent job de-ranting the rant, and stating the potential cause of the problems leading to the ranter's frustration. "This is bad?"

  10. #30
    Member Lizzy1813's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    37

    Default

    LOL! It's good!

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] 10 Minute YT Rant on "INFJ Imposters"
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
  2. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO