User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 228

  1. #211
    Senior Member bronte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    168

    Default

    How does it work?
    Do you mean how do I make decisions based on feeling? I don't totally though it seems that you think we do - I try to look for balance.

    I will try to explain and all I ask Bluewing is that you suspend your disbelief for 5 mins
    I've really enjoyed your posts before and respect your obvious intelligence

    For example at work where at times I'm involved in helping people with problems they have and working with them to put togther plans to move forward - I will have a gut feeling about how the person is feeling about this situation which will direct some of the questions I ask and how I empathise with the person - this is assisted I believe by intuition which I think gives me some distance and objectivity and helps me to apply previous learning. I think carefully about the persons situation and apply systems which help me assess and plan with them.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

  2. #212
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That is well put. If I could make a choice about it, I would probably prefer such a world, although I'm not certain it would exclude all Feelers. Since such a world is not the case, there is something to be said for finding a reasonable way to accept it and negotiate one's way around whatever happens to exist. I still come down to the reasoning that we are all limited by our experience and genetics. I could be the mistaken person or the recklessly hurtful one depending on how I happened to be put together. An assumption of core equality can resolve some of the inherent conflicts and misunderstandings of this simply, at least in certain cases. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Since such a world is not the case, there is something to be said for finding a reasonable way to accept it and negotiate one's way around whatever happens to exist.?
    In such a world, everyone must give Thinking priority over Feeling, or be justified in feeling a certain way only if one sees a logical reason to feel so. For instance, I should only be justified in feeling that my neighbor is a vampire only if I see a reason to believe that he is one, I should not just be able to say I feel that he is a vampire and that is the end of story.

    I agree with you that some Feelers would be able to do this, yet, Thinkers have an easier time with this because of their genetics that you mentioned. Or they simply have more natural talents regarding the cultivation of skills necessary in order to reason logically.


    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Since such a world is not the case, there is something to be said for finding a reasonable way to accept it and negotiate one's way around whatever happens to exist.?
    Of course there is a reasonable way to deal with our circumstances, but this way requires competence at logical reasoning. If one is not able to reason logically nothing stops him from believing in or doing just about anything that his whim commands.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    In such a world....
    Yes, let's all talk about BlueWing's T-only fantasy world for the remainder of the evening. Why is anyone falling for this?

  4. #214
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    How does it work?
    Do you mean how do I make decisions based on feeling? I don't totally though it seems that you think we do - I try to look for balance.

    I will try to explain and all I ask Bluewing is that you suspend your disbelief for 5 mins
    I've really enjoyed your posts before and respect your obvious intelligence

    For example at work where at times I'm involved in helping people with problems they have and working with them to put togther plans to move forward - I will have a gut feeling about how the person is feeling about this situation which will direct some of the questions I ask and how I empathise with the person - this is assisted I believe by intuition which I think gives me some distance and objectivity and helps me to apply previous learning. I think carefully about the persons situation and apply systems which help me assess and plan with them.
    In this case you are indeed relying on Intuition, Sensation and Thinking to support your Feeling faculty. For this reason your judgment is not whimsical. However, those who do not adequately rely on Intuition, Sensation and Thinking will be much more arbitrary in their judgment.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #215
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yes, let's all talk about BlueWing's T-only fantasy world for the remainder of the evening. Why is anyone falling for this?
    Jack, don't you think this thread is over your head?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  6. #216
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I agree that I am not responding to much of what you're saying here because first of all I need you to clearly outline my argument, and then clearly outline yours, and lastly show the contradiction between the two and how yours is closer to the truth than mine.

    We arent going anywhere until you do that, the discussion is too confusing otherwise.
    So have you now decided that the purpose of this thread is to discuss your hypothesis at length and that you do not wish to do so anywhere else? Simply trying to deflect my requests that we do so with non-sequiturs merely makes you look illogical yourself. I would appreciate a straight answer to the above question this time.

  7. #217
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Infanticide, and other non-NF related chatter moved here:

  8. #218
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    All types can be phallic in different ways. TBH I've had the least experience of phallicness coming from NTs, and the most from NFs and SJs. I don't deal with SPs that much I think...so I don't have a say on them lol. From what I've experienced I don't have much to rant on for SPs, except that they can get in the way when things gotta be done quickly and with quality.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Infanticide, and other non-NF related chatter moved here:
    Yeah, let's not get to the root of the bullshit antagonism, let's hide it away. /sarky

  10. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    All types can be phallic in different ways. TBH I've had the least experience of phallicness coming from NTs, and the most from NFs and SJs. I don't deal with SPs that much I think...so I don't have a say on them lol. From what I've experienced I don't have much to rant on for SPs, except that they can get in the way when things gotta be done quickly and with quality.
    Next you'll be calling us a**holes...
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] 10 Minute YT Rant on "INFJ Imposters"
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
  2. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO