User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Is it just me or is there some kind of cold war going on between the NTs and NFs (A cold war that we don't know we're?) There seems to be more and more threads emerging by NTs ranting over NFs and our forums, our ways, jeez our very existence.. LOL And I though my ISTJ friends had it tough on here...
    No, there's definitely a rivalry dynamic. Part of it seems cultural... Thinking is a glorified process, and Feeling is seen as fluffy/bull $#!t/unnecessary/less valuable than Ti/Te. Exacerbating that perception: it's far easier to verbalize a decision/judgement reached through impersonal analysis than through subjective value systems. Therefore, NFs can easily find themselves unable to explain their decisions/judgements to NTs, who may then assume our dec./judgements are invalid, etc.

In the end, however, the majority of NTs on this site seem to agree that both T and F are valuable and necessary cognitive functions.

MBTI
    ENFP

LOVE YOU TOO BLUEMONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    No, there's definitely a rivalry dynamic. Part of it seems cultural... Thinking is a glorified process, and Feeling is seen as fluffy/bull $#!t/unnecessary/less valuable than Ti/Te. Exacerbating that perception: it's far easier to verbalize a decision/judgement reached through impersonal analysis than through subjective value systems. Therefore, NFs can easily find themselves unable to explain their decisions/judgements to NTs, who may then assume our dec./judgements are invalid, etc.

In the end, however, the majority of NTs on this site seem to agree that both T and F are valuable and necessary cognitive functions.
    What the fuck are Ti and Te?

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    . The negative consequences of callousness are obviously much less severe, as callousness leads to nothing nearly as deleterious as a situation where one lacks a sense of purpose in life as well as a clear sense of self.
    Hi Bluewing

I do have a sense of purpose in my life and spent many years in a caring profession pursuing this 'purpose'. I own my lack of logic - hands up! - and I seriously work on this and look to improve my self awareness - I do not see myself as more compassionate or 'nice' than the next person and struggle with diffrent aspects of myself - as most people do - a dont believe this means I have a very distorted sense of 'self' anymore than you have yourself.

During my time in care work most of my colleagues were 'feelers' and they did very difficult work with very vulnerable people - they made mistakes, and yes at time were over emotional - but they were in the main very very compassionate people who went the extra mile. It was their 'feeling' that led them to do this type of work.

And I have seen callousness destroy people's self confidence and ruin lives.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What the fuck are Ti and Te?
    Don't you be starting that shit again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It is interesting to see ways MBTI generates prejudicial thinking in different scenarios. As a newer phenomenon than social constructs like race or religion, and without the same kinds of social history and complexity, it provides an interesting opportunity for sociological studies. I sometimes wonder whether prejudices are more deeply ingrained in the context of socially constructed categories, if part of what generates these categories and the prevailing interest is the underlying need to make a lower resolution of the world in an attempt to make it more predictable and manageable. It would be interesting to see if people ever construct "us-them" categories and then consider "them" to be superior. Most of the time it is a way to define self as different and superior to "them"

I don't think it is possible to debate against a conclusion of superiority. It appears to be human nature to construct these categories and then define the other as inferior for whatever reasons and purposes. Accepting someone as your equal who assumes you are inferior can be challenging, but sometimes it makes the strongest case for equality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

I never knew you felt so strongly about equal rights for women. It's a bummer that they have to deal with that...

I kid, I kid.

It's a good point though. I think you can't necessarily view it in strict binary terms like that. You have to introduce the concept of purpose, and viewing it in that light, it is a much more convincing case for "equality." No matter how much you feel someone is inferior or superior there is usually a purpose behind each.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I don't think it is possible to debate against a conclusion of superiority. It appears to be human nature to construct these categories and then define the other as inferior for whatever reasons and purposes. Accepting someone as your equal who assumes you are inferior can be challenging, but sometimes it makes the strongest case for equality.
    It is possible, but the goals should really be agreed upon. That is, the meaning of life. Mr. Wing has basically said that detachment is the key to satisfaction, which even most NTs disagree with. Oh, I also don't know why Wing argues for NT superiority, as opposed to ISTJ superiority. Of course I could be wrong, but how often does that happen?

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Accepting someone as your equal who assumes you are inferior can be challenging, but sometimes it makes the strongest case for equality.

We should start an MBTI anti-oppressive practice thread!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Bluewing: You seemed by your numerous requests for me to elaborate on what I was saying either to be having difficulty in comprehending me, or to have a real wish for me to analyse your hypothesis in more detail. If you would like me to show you in more detail how your argument is flawed by your subjectivity and emotiveness, I would be delighted to do so on another thread in a more appropriate location, such as the phillosophy or psycholgy sub-forums. I am not going to do so further on this thread, however, as it has recieved far too much attention already and has become hijacked by discussion of your hypothesis since you posted. Please set up a thread for this purpose, inform me of it, and restate your original premise, and I would be happy to discuss ithe subject with you further.
    So far I have seen nothing from you but conclusions. It is doubtful that you even understand my posts.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/