• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] short rant on NFs

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, how narrow-minded of me to expect that people make sense! Anything that feels right should be fine! So don't you worry my friend, your feelings really are valid. Just try not to think too much okay?

It wasn't about feelings Blue. Nice to see you do react eventually. It's about being openminded to another perspective, both on the issue and the way people express themselves. Not everyone writes in your style. Just because you have more trouble reading 'their' style, doesn't mean they should conform to you, nor that their points are invalid. I do enjoy your essays, but because of the difference in style, they require me to read them several times to get what you're getting at, just as rags' posts are difficult to you.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
OOOH we have established that this fellar is ISTJ... ?? ( I just assumed it was another NT ranting about us) After all the love we give those ISTJs and what do we get in return...! 'my way of the high way'!!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Also Blue if you don't mind me asking.. how can a feeling be invalid??

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also Blue if you don't mind me asking.. how can a feeling be invalid??

When it does not reflect the reality of the situation. For example if I feel that the man next door is a pedophile and then we check his criminal records and find no evidence of his pedophile activities, my feeling will be invalid in that case.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
There is no purpose, bluewing, in me simply repeating the same point if you are incapable of understanding what I am saying. You can choose to accept, or not accept, my suggestion that we talk about this issue, with reference to your initial hypothesis, on another thread that has been started for the purpose. This is up to you. Your responses to the suggestion I have made are simply non-sequiturs at present.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It wasn't about feelings Blue. Nice to see you do react eventually. It's about being openminded to another perspective, both on the issue and the way people express themselves. Not everyone writes in your style. Just because you have more trouble reading 'their' style, doesn't mean they should conform to you, nor that their points are invalid. I do enjoy your essays, but because of the difference in style, they require me to read them several times to get what you're getting at, just as rags' posts are difficult to you.

Oh pardon me! I should be more open-minded to the views of the person who maintains one of the following; 'fdihoshiodsfohisfdoihfdsisfdiohfsdoihdsfiofsd' or 'it is the case that A is true and it is also the case that not A is true'. I have no doubt that making this adjustment would be a very edifying experience for me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OOOH we have established that this fellar is ISTJ... ?? ( I just assumed it was another NT ranting about us) After all the love we give those ISTJs and what do we get in return...! 'my way of the high way'!!

nt's seem to appreciate the differences much more...i think.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That is true, you know. When you have an INTP in an argument, they don't become concerned with the rules of engagement, so to speak, and insist that everyone state their cases in explicit, orderly terms. These are the methods of the ISTJ. The INTP is comfortable reading between the lines of all arguments involved, unless they're so boring as to not be read at all!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There is no purpose, bluewing, in me simply repeating the same point if you are incapable of understanding what I am saying. You can choose to accept, or not accept, my suggestion that we talk about this issue, with reference to your initial hypothesis, on another thread that has been started for the purpose. This is up to you. Your responses to the suggestion I have made are simply non-sequiturs at present.

Why repeat the point if you are unable to state it clearly in the first place?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When it does not reflect the reality of the situation. For example if I feel that the man next door is a pedophile and then we check his criminal records and find no evidence of his pedophile activities, my feeling will be invalid in that case.

ooohh...if i got that creepy pedophile vibe from my neighbor i would trust it!
they don't catch everyone you know. :D haha

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh pardon me! I should be more open-minded to the views of the person who maintains one of the following; 'fdihoshiodsfohisfdoihfdsisfdiohfsdoihdsfiofsd' or 'it is the case that A is true and it is also the case that not A is true'. I have no doubt that making this adjustment would be a very edifying experience for me.

It wouldn't kill you to at least check out if he could potentially be right, is all I'm saying. No one knows everything, and imput from others, even when it comes in a difficult format for you, is always at least worth checking out.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Why repeat the point if you are unable to state it clearly in the first place?

my suggestion that we talk about this issue, with reference to your initial hypothesis, on another thread that has been started for the purpose

Your reading comprehension skills appear to be letting you down, bluewing.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Have you forgotten already? I suggest you go back to your first post and look, then.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp

Wow Bluewing is that how you think feeling works?

No thats pure ignorance

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would you prefer a world without feeling Blue?

A world without feeling is not possible, because feeling is the cognitive faculty that inhibits or excites our impulses to act. If this did not exist, we simply would be devoid of all motivations to act. For instance, if a mathematician lacked feeling altogether he would have no reason to prefer a plausible proof to an implausible one. Normally he gets a positive sentiment when he sees a plausible idea and a negative sentiment when he sees an implausible idea.

I would prefer a world however where there were no Feelers, this would be the world where everyone uses Feeling in a controlled fashion, not volatile. People would be acting on whim a lot less than they do today, as they would be less likely to be satisfied with believing in something just because it feels right or doing something only because they feel like it, as primacy of Thinking over Feeling insists on some rational basis to ground the decision in.