User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intx

Default Fs are dishonest to spare feelings Js are brutally honest Y or N

Is this about right?

BTW most people dont like me especially Fs because I let it fly as a public service because I think its noble to speak the unfettered truth.

It is not received well. This frustrates me. I have been thick about it but bullshitting for the sake of feelings seems so insulting and disrepsectful.

This is my quandry.

Does anyone feel for me or am I just another unfeeling bastard in your opinion?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nope that's pretty much bullshit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

There are ways to be be honest and spare people's feelings.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    yupp

when I lie its most likely to spare a conflict.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think you are trying to come up with a reason to make yourself feel better about not being able to control yourself.

If I think I should smack everyone who is a douchebag in the face I might end up with some people who aren't very happy with me, even if they deserved it.

I think it's interesting that often people say they 'speak the truth' to other people but they really can't handle someone speaking the truth to them. Usually when someone speaks the truth to them they will ignore the entire encounter by making up a reason the person doesn't actually know what they are talking about. Which, in itself, is a way of not being able to take the truth.

"Oh those silly F's"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    nope that's pretty much bullshit.
    Indeed!

And here is a small sample of the many reasons why:

1) Dishonesty is not type-related. Some would argue that "authenticity" might be, and I think that's bullshit too, but even those people split the "authenticity" line between Fe and Fi, and NOT F and T.

2) Brutal honesty is generally -- though not always! -- characteristic of Ts and FPs. Consider IxFJs. They are the least brutally honest people around. And they're Js.

Where did you get the idea that J had anything to do with that? I don't mean to be rude, but it seems like a pretty random idea that came from no type resource I've ever seen before.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

In response to the OP:

I wouldn't call it dishonest. (if you can read people, you'll realize they're being honest even when they lie)

Their understanding of the situation is a little different.

I don't expect everyone to act like a J, just so long as they don't expect me to act like whatever they are.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Does anyone feel for me or am I just another unfeeling bastard in your opinion?
    I am an IxFJ and I do not feel for you.

(Am I being honest or not? )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Indeed!

And here is a small sample of the many reasons why:

1) Dishonesty is not type-related. Some would argue that "authenticity" might be, and I think that's bullshit too, but even those people split the "authenticity" line between Fe and Fi, and NOT F and T.

2) Brutal honesty is generally -- though not always! -- characteristic of Ts and FPs. Consider IxFJs. They are the least brutally honest people around. And they're Js.

Where did you get the idea that J had anything to do with that? I don't mean to be rude, but it seems like a pretty random idea that came from no type resource I've ever seen before.
    right...i tend to think it has more to do with ones social skills. their upbringing possibly...mixed with their values

but if we want to assign a function to it i guess you could say te...te doms being way more "brutal" about it then say an exfp
    or you could say...in defense of a group a fe dom will let you have it pretty brutally too

a fi dom will likely be kind about it...unless they don't value you or the place you're speaking from

okay getting bored now...i'll go with my original answer of nope it's bs
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

'Brutal' honesty is just as damaging as 'sparing feelings'.

They are both forms of dishonesty.