User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

It made me think of this quote from a while back, "Always question authority, especially YOUR OWN."

Honestly, people who are convinced they have some superior edge on the truth, or that their truth must be everyones truth just irritate the shit out of me.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Is this about right?
    BTW most people dont like me especially Fs because I let it fly as a public service because I think its noble to speak the unfettered truth.
    It is not received well. This frustrates me. I have been thick about it but bullshitting for the sake of feelings seems so insulting and disrepsectful.
    This is my quandry.
    Does anyone feel for me or am I just another unfeeling bastard in your opinion?
    I'm with @Lady X and @EJCC, this is complete BS. FPs are probably the least likely people to be emotionally dishonest
    I suggest you do some research on the different cognitive functions, as they are much more important than any of the individual letters (which means little if anything)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp

http://grammar.about.com/od/60essays/a/lyingessay.htm

an ENFP's observation about the subject.
    A Fox isn't sly. He just can't think any slower.

garbage

Well

If one truly wants to spare another's feelings, they'll realize that the best way is usually to be balls-out honest in the first place rather than to bottle things up and have them explode or otherwise become uncovered in unhealthy ways down the road.

Also, there are usually ways to be diplomatic, which is typically a more effective way to communicate the same damn message.

Also, people will pretty much laugh at any sort of "I ain't give a fuck what y'all think, y'all ain't like it, TOO BAD!" sentiment.

There. There are some "thinker"esque arguments for why one should employ "feeling" techniques. Or something. Whatever.

garbage

Also, I totally notice that nobody in this thread is sparing the OP's feelings by being dishonest, saying anything along the lines of, "No, no of coouuurrse not, @yupitsme; you're totally in the right! Screw everybody else! " They're all telling the truth as they see it, and they're mostly self-identified feelers.

I hope that the OP appreciates it!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Let me be the first to say that there are plenty of times that I'm emotionally dishonest with others.

I constantly act more interested in everyone else at the office than I would otherwise.

I realize that I work with mostly older women, and I need to play the "I give a shit about what you're saying charm game" in order to make strong business connections.

And I have been making strong business connections... especially lately.

That isn't to say I don't generally like the people I work with.

I just have to occasionally manufacture interest in their stories.

Glycerine

Also, brutal honesty is usually not Truth but truth relative and subjective to one's perspective. I usually find it laughable when people say, "I am just being brutally honest" like they are the definitive source of all things true.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Mom's an ENFJ, I learned manipulation from the master.

garbage

Granted, the OP is absolutely right in that it's disrespectful to hide one's perspective solely in order to spare another's feelings*. A lesson from Psychotherapy 101 right there.

*but, hell, doing exactly the polar opposite can be disrespectful, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Let me be the first to say that there are plenty of times that I'm emotionally dishonest with others.
    Oh, yeah; me, too--I can relate to that whole shebang. When I'm in a cheerful mood, it's easier for me to "fake" or at least exaggerate a positive attitude toward other people.

Is it right? Maybe not, but here's some balls-out truth: a bit of 'politicking' is kinda necessary in this world.

I try my damndest not to do so with the people who are at all close to me, but sometimes it's inevitable. "I'm fine" is a way for me to say "I'm still processing something negative and I'd rather you not pry, thanks!" But often they end up picking up that that's what "I'm fine" means--or, even better, I can just outright state the latter because I can eventually trust that they actually won't pry. Wow, amazing!

My issue is mostly with..
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Also, brutal honesty is usually not Truth but truth relative and subjective to one's perspective. I usually find it laughable when people say, "I am just being brutally honest" like they are the definitive source of all things true.
    ..God, this. It's with the people who outright state that they're "telling it like it is." "Can't handle the truth? Don't hang wit' me!"

Please. Their perspective is as limited as everyone else's; they could stand to be humbled just a teensy little bit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Is this about right?

BTW most people dont like me especially Fs because I let it fly as a public service because I think its noble to speak the unfettered truth.

It is not received well. This frustrates me. I have been thick about it but bullshitting for the sake of feelings seems so insulting and disrepsectful.

This is my quandry.

Does anyone feel for me or am I just another unfeeling bastard in your opinion?
    I'm with everyone else. Not true. There is a way to be honest and not be mean about it. I worked with a woman who would say the nastiest things to people and follow it with, "I'm just honest, and people don't like that." What people didn't like was that she used "honesty" as a vehicle for bullying other people, which isn't honesty at all. It's just a nasty person with a superiority complex. Personally, I am a terrible liar, but I find ways to be honest in a diplomatic manner. Or I just shut up.