User Tag List

View Poll Results: Morning or Night person?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early Bird

12 19.67%
  • Night Owl

34 55.74%
  • It depends, damn it!

15 24.59%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I started a not-totally-irrelevant thread (with poll) that suggested that Js are more likely to be morning people that Ps here.

Of course, Js disagreed on principle's sake, but all we non-morning people know that the most patently morning people usually insist that they aren't really morning people. And, as many noted, the internet probably does tend to attract a disproportionate amount of night people. And intelligent people. Coincidence?

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Depends on what phase of my creative cycle I am on.

When I am getting ideas, I stay up very late. That way most peole are not awake and they don't interfee with their "vibes". It's an Ni thing. I just go and go taking in more stuff of the thing that interests me. Observing possible patterns and implications. Obviously, I wake up very late.

At some point all of this stuff will need to be turned into something. This is my building phase. Here I wake up super early like a crazy person must DO something with these thoughts. When I am "working" (for me it's all working, but outsiders consider the part where you make something the working part), I like to attack first thing, when nobody is awake (like 4am or earlier). I go until I am "spent". During this phase I go to bed very early.

When my creation/concept is concrete enough, I get an urge (Fe) to share it with others. During this phase, and only this phase, my sleeping habits match that of "normal" people. This is because "normal" peole are exactly my prey (I am going to jump them and try to get them to understand my Ni vision) and so I adjust my schedule accordingly.

None of these changes takes "effort" or "planning". The motivating force of the phase determines my sleep patterns. Two out of three are definitly introverted, with corresponding off hours, and on is definitely extroverted (Fe), with corresponding hours.

I know that's sounds complicated, but I'm an INFJ. What did you expect?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I get up at 5:30 every day unless something has kept me up late (like Olympic finals or waiting for a teenager to get home). Then I sleep in 'til 6:30 at the latest. Otherwise the world gets in teh way and I never feel quite settled.

Type related or situational training or biology? Idunno...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    My INFJ ex-boygirlfriend is whatever the opposite of a morning person is.
    +1
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*bump*

I can be a morning person if I need to be.
    But there BETTER be coffee involved.

Phantonym

I love those really really early mornings when everything seems so fresh that you could almost feel the world awaken.

But I'd really have to make an effort to wake up early mornings. And I'm not completely a night-owl either. It depends, damn it! Unfortunately, I have to be functional during the day so, I've made an effort to be like that.

I like the time around 9-11 AM and 7-12 PM. Midnight is very nice.

Enneagram

Not generally.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Actually I tend to be. I'm unable to sleep in late anymore, even if I go to bed late at night, and while I enjoy just lying in bed and relaxing at times, I can only do that for maybe 30-45 minutes at the most and then I want/need to get up and do stuff.

Maybe some of it is tied to my love of nature, and being outside...and mornings are perfect for that. It seems like too much of a waste to not be outside enjoying things on a beautiful morning.

Also while traveling I can't not get up pretty early - I don't like lazing around in bed for hours -- as I'm ancy to get up and do and see things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

I'm a night person, I can't get up in the mornings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i like getting up at 5am, having my yummy coffee and surfing/emailing in peace.

i also like staying up late, especially if it means i'm getting Some........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com