User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ENFP subtype are you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP-Ne

13 50.00%
  • ENFP-Fi

6 23.08%
  • I am not an ENFP

7 26.92%
123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default ENFP Subtypes: which one are you?

I stole this concept from socionics (in which all 16 types are divided into 2 subtypes depending on which of their first two functions they prefer) and applied it to MBTI

keep in mind, as an ENFP, you have both Ne and Fi, so you will relate at least somewhat to both.

ENFP-Ne subtype: noticeably more extroverted, bubbly and sociable. the mind of the ENFP-Ne is quicker than the other subtype (one would be hard pressed to find a quicker mind around) and they will generally prefer to keep their calendars booked, engaging a wide range of activities and social contacts. this subtype is likely to get bored easily and desires a constantly flow of new information to analyze, talk about and experience and can often spread themselves too thin, like butter over too much bread. during such times they can become burnt out, irritable and begin to drop some of the many balls they are juggling (during which time, they tend to need a time out from all their high energy pursuits and take time to reevaluate themselves and their plans before jumping back in). in terms of career, the ENFP-Ne often excels in sales and marketing positions where they can use their quick minds, innovative ideas and personal charm to accomplish much for themselves and become a valuable asset to any company. at their worst, they are scattered, irresponsible and avoidant; at their best, they are quick witted, humorous, entertaining, high accomplishing and full of energy and enthusiasm.

often mistyped as:
    - ENTP
    - ESFP

commonly typed in others systems as
    - 7w6
    - 3w2
    - 2w3
    - ESE/ESFj
    - Social Instinct
    - Sanguine

Examples:
    - Richard Branson
    - Martin Short
    - Robin Williams
    - Ellen Degeneres
    - Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
    - Tom Sawyer
    - Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs

ENFP-Fi subtype: outwardly more subdued, but internally more fiery, passionate and convicted. as the Fi subtype would imply, this subtype tends enjoy longer periods of alone time and prefers are schedule with plenty of downtime and a smaller, more intimate social circle. their thoughts are often more self centered and reflective in nature and they tend to have clear preferences for what they like/dislike. this subtype often enjoys spending long periods of time in their room listening to music (often more dramatic, sensual music). overrall, the ENFP-Fi is usually a very calm and collected individual, though they place a stronger emphasis on their convictions than the Ne subtype and can easily become heated in touchy political discussions. often very similar to their INFP cousins, the difference lies in this subtype's larger energy reserves and more externally responsive nature.
    if they feel called to do so, some (but not all) ENFP-Fi can suddenly do a 180, leaving behind their normally subdued persona and turning over a more expansive, charismatic leaf. the energy of this subtype during such a time is concentrated and white hot. their speech can take on a more poetic quality and their solid convictions and heroic demeanor often serve to inspire others to follow them or look to them for guidance. at their worst, this subtype is self absorbed, prone to intense anger/aggression, dogmatic, hypocritical and out of touch with reality. at their best, this subtype is wise, graceful, inspiring, creative and

often mistyped as:
    - INFP
    - INTJ

often typed in other systems as
    - E1
    - E4
    - 6w5
    - Sx/Sp
    - EIE/ENFj
    - IEI/INFj
    - Melancholy

examples:
    - John Brown
    - Mark Twain
    - Oscar Wilde
    - Ann Frank
    - Che Guevara
    - Darth Vader
    - Willie Wonka
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

ENFP-Ne and very happily so.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Enfp ne I think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh hell I don't know
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference? I'm an enfp, my first function is Ne, followed by Fi and then Te. I'm not enfp-fi or enfp-ne. if anything its enfp-ne because that's my first function.

also, anne frank is called anne frank, not ann frank.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference? I'm an enfp, my first function is Ne, followed by Fi and then Te. I'm not enfp-fi or enfp-ne. if anything its enfp-ne because that's my first function.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    tsk tsk tsk, quite the nitpicky one
    I made it up (as I said in the OP, I stole the idea from socionics and applied it to MBTI, specifically ENFP in this instance)
    even the original MBTI has not been specifically proven at this point in time, so no, it is not scientific
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post

Right. 'Cause everything we talk about on here is hard-science and backed-up by the appropriate references.

I have never, ever met or interacted via the internet with an ENFP whose functions broke down in that order. I would love to look at your scores!!! Care to take a test? . I am Ne>Fi>Ni>Ti>Fe>Se>Te>Si (or something like that - they are posted in that thread).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ENFP Te.