• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Subtypes: which one are you?

Which ENFP subtype are you?

• Total voters

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
good :)
my point remains, I believe many ENFPs will relate more to the Fi subtype (though, naturally, more ENFPs will relate to the ENFP-Ne description more). personally, I relate to the Fi subtype more because compared to most ENFPs I
- am more prone to anger
- have a much more intense personality (the stereotypical ENFP has a temperament like a puppy, which, though I think that's wonderful, it ain't me lol)
- operate at a a much slower pace (most of the ENFPs I know love to run multiple protects at once and keep their schedules booked)
- need more time alone (ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more)
- have a much more convicted, gut based energy as opposed to the more quick, mental energy of most ENFPs (Fi is a very gut based function
- more private, enjoy a smaller number of friends, feel exhausted having to keep up socially with large groups of people
it's not just me and it's definitely not because of my enneagram (I'm a 7w6, they're sooo much more ENFP-Ne-ish as a whole lol). I've noticed a sizable minority of ENFPs (I would guess about 25-40% but i can't be sure) related to these same traits and were much more

the reason I thought up this theory is because I noticed that, with each of the types (particularly ENFP) their seems to be an obvious split between those who are more comfortable with their first function and those who call on their second function more and often times the two groups can have drastically different demeanors, behaviors and internal states. for instance, compare ENFPs like Ellen Degeneres, Robert Downy Jr and Robin Williams with ENFPs like Anne Frank, Oscar Wilde and Darth Vader. the differences/similarities are obvious (light, humorous, sociable and higher energy vs intense, expressive, passionate and more of a reserved streak). I'm not trying turn this into a typological law or anything (even if it did turn into something like that, it would still need to be much more refined, this is just the basic idea), but looking across all 16 types, I see the same prominent divide between those who would fall into the dom/aux subtype, so I thought the basic idea was worth mentioning (though, at a function level, two ENFPs are always going to be very similar on a cognitive level, hence, this is only a subtle subdivision)

in terms of functions
the ENFP-Ne's function strength might look like
- Ne>Fi>Te>Si
or perhaps
- Ne>Te>Fi<Si

while the ENFP-Fi's function strength might look like
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
or
- Ne=Fi>Te>Si

At first glance, your theory seems far fetched, yet I have to admit, it rings true. The other ENFPs I meet are far more... puppy-like (totally stealing that =P ) than I am. I saw a youtube video of another ENFP who seems to match ENFP-Fi subtype, and our similarities were startling. The other ENFP videos almost make me feel that I mistyped, yet I do recognize cognitive similarities. Moreover, I would argue that other types display the subtype phenomenon, though I would be wary of attempting to define them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i totally feel like a puppy...most of the time

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am way too serious to be a puppy. :(

lol.

Jetta

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
What if maybe your zodiac sign can account for this? Or at least the influence of astrology on your self-image and what you’ve come to believe about yourself? Maybe Aries ENFPs are a slightly different breed than say, Pisces ENFPs.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
NE , I definetly feel the most joy when I have multiple balls in the air and I am juggling them effortlessly. It's like my engine is running smoothly in my mind. One task feels monotonous.
"ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more" I definetly however an relate to this , I don't need constant socialization and do need to reenergize.
High energy and bubbly too but I wouldn't go full puppy, there's a no nonsense aspect that shows up when deadlines and final product time comes around.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd guess I'm more an Fi-ENFP. Obviously every subtype has its cons and pros but I'm happy with being an Fi-ENFP subtype. :)

spifffo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think this is an accurate thing. There is no such thing as an ENFP-Fi subtype. By definition, Ne is the dominant function in ENFPs and Fi is the secondary function.

An "ENFP-Fi subtype" is really an INFP.

Justpassingby

I don't think this is an accurate thing. There is no such thing as an ENFP-Fi subtype. By definition, Ne is the dominant function in ENFPs and Fi is the secondary function.

An "ENFP-Fi subtype" is really an INFP.

THANK YOU, FAIRLY AGREED.
Well, I'm not use to forum and I've been curious about mbti since 2 years now, and I think most people have trouble determining their types.
Depending on your environment or your mental health you can either depend on each of your four function, naturally the one who came up first is the dominant function.
(Ne as a dominant function is particular, you can either enjoy exploring things idea world people and all that shit stuff or either explore abstract things less obvious to other ppl, like new point of views and then take time to reflect on it. And most of the time Ne users are doing both with slight or big preferences, based on their personal approach of life.)

Now for the particular case of ENFP, as I observed almost in every possible place on the web, most of those who typed as ENFP are such candy sugar like, high in touch with their Fi.
Just BECAUSE OF THIS, I had freaking hard time typing me (ENFP here)
I'm not that much of a sweetheart, at least not as that expanse, so when I watched all these ENFP videos and comments through all YouTube, I thought that if the title and the topic wasn't about ENFP, I would have type 'em all INFP instead.

So then since I couldn't relate with them, I naturally went to forums.
God bless my curiosity, but they're all such candy bar.

So now I created an account for that special occasion, I'm asking myself right now about the internet users ages', the validity of their typing, their mental health issues (because in some case those can affect the effectiveness of your typing) and their environment quality, because almost none of you seems really ENFP to me. And since I'm not a total brainless asshole I'm also asking about the variances of my personality.
Either way I just have the impression to fall over an incredible amount of INFP mystyping themselves for some reasons.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I test equally strong on Fi and Ne( ne=fi, ni=fe, te=si, se, ti is what i tested as) but my preference is Ne over Fi.

Im guessing id ve been ENFP-Ne in my early 20s and now very much am ENFP-Fi.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am pretty sure this refers to socionics, not actual MBTI. Socionics has a different system than MBTI.