User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ENFP subtype are you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP-Ne

13 50.00%
  • ENFP-Fi

6 23.08%
  • I am not an ENFP

7 26.92%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Typology is srs bsns.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    my point also remains.
    if Fi > Ne, then the third function to balance it out will, in my opinion, automatically have to be Ti, not Te. And thus, you're into INFP territory. Why does the idea of being an INFP scare you so much? It has nothing to do with being shy, it's just function orientation.
    Also, the stuff you mention about yourself might be connected to the enneagram, which is totally different from mbti. mbti is how you think, enneagram about your motivations. what you tell me could me more related to enneagram than mbti, me thinks.
    - well, I'm a 7w6 ENFP-Fi so obviously there is more at play than just enneagram lol
    - the idea of being an INFP does not scare me. in fact, I was in denial about my extroversion for a long time. if I really ended up being an introvert, I would actually be happier (I fucking love INFPs)
    - if someone where Fi>Ne, I don't see how that would make the next function Ti. everyone has a Ji (Ti or Fi), a Je (Te or Fe), a Pi (Si or Ni) and a Pe (Se or Ne) but what I'm saying is that the strength order doesn't always fall into place so neatly. however, Fi>Ne>Ti would be two Ji functions in the top three. that doesn't make any sense. it's not common for the 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th functions to be switched in terms of strength, so it wouldn't be uncommon to see an ENFP who is
    - Fi>Ne>Te>Si
    - Ne>Te>Fi>Si
    - Ne>Fi>Si>Te

Edit: my main theory I guess is that extroversion is more of a spectrum and ENFPs who fall on the more extreme end of the extroversion spectrum are more likely to be ENFP-Ne while more moderate extroverts (such as yours truly) would score more ENFP-Fi
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What???

Typology isn’t a science. It isn’t even (currently) considered a very credible topic within the social sciences….
    i think Nardi's data is quite insightful and goes quite a long way in validating the biology.

@Elfboy i dont think the categories are quite correct. I would be more like your Ne-fi, but i actually have massive, massive Ne. id argue you are seeing NeTe Fi vs NeFi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    i think Nardi's data is quite insightful and goes quite a long way in validating the biology.
    @Elfboy i dont think the categories are quite correct. I would be more like your Ne-fi, but i actually have massive, massive Ne. id argue you are seeing NeTe Fi vs NeFi
    I'm high on Ne, Fi and Te, it's just I don't rely on my Ne quite as much as most ENFPs

ENFP-Fi + weak Te looks like INFP
    ENFP-Fi + strong Te looks like INTJ
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm high on Ne, Fi and Te, it's just I don't rely on my Ne quite as much as most ENFPs

ENFP-Fi + weak Te looks like INFP
    ENFP-Fi + strong Te looks like INTJ
    Hmmm, But Ne doesnt mean "I love to hang out and chat". It menas you can see the endless possibilities contained within everything around you . I dont like talking to people most of the time, but I love envisioning future paths, seeing forward, linking complex ideas together. (not to impose limits of your search for self, of course, just my perspective on the theory)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hmmm, But Ne doesnt mean "I love to hang out and chat". It menas you can see the endless possibilities contained within everything around you . I dont like talking to people most of the time, but I love envisioning future paths, seeing forward, linking complex ideas together. (not to impose limits of your search for self, of course, just my perspective on the theory)
    me too, but the central theme I'm talking about is that the ENFP-Ne subtype constantly needs new intellectual stimulation to bounce ideas off, create new theories about, understand, play with etc. the ENFP-Fi does too, just significantly less than the ENFP-Ne who gets bored quickly without constant new stimulation
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    me too, but the central theme I'm talking about is that the ENFP-Ne subtype constantly needs new intellectual stimulation to bounce ideas off, create new theories about, understand, play with etc. the ENFP-Fi does too, just significantly less than the ENFP-Ne who gets bored quickly without constant new stimulation
    ah, but in your original description you had the Ne type bouncing off ideas derived from PEOPLEZ. I tend to endlessly search for new ideas/stimulation among books, science, outdoors. The Fi is the only thing that makes me finish out any gven idea, but it does not make me want to deal with sorting through the PEOPLEZ mostly, as those foks are exhausting and often lead down paths that are dull.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ah, but in your original description you had the Ne type bouncing off ideas derived from PEOPLEZ. I tend to endlessly search for new ideas/stimulation among books, science, outdoors. The Fi is the only thing that makes me finish out any gven idea, but it does not make me want to deal with sorting through the PEOPLEZ mostly, as those foks are exhausting and often lead down paths that are dull.
    perhaps it leaned that direction a little too much. I guess what I meant is that they seek external stimuli more whereas ENFP-Fi would rather take more time to reflect on what they already have collected and be overwhelmed by too much external stimuli
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm not sure I buy an enfp with higher fi than ne
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm not sure I buy an enfp with higher fi than ne
    preference =/= strength
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!