User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ENFP subtype are you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP-Ne

13 50.00%
  • ENFP-Fi

6 23.08%
  • I am not an ENFP

7 26.92%
First 12345 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    far too serious and emotionally intense is a compliment. thanks
    (but you are wrong. you know, i'd love to actually meet you in real life, so you'd see)
    good
    my point remains, I believe many ENFPs will relate more to the Fi subtype (though, naturally, more ENFPs will relate to the ENFP-Ne description more). personally, I relate to the Fi subtype more because compared to most ENFPs I
    - am more prone to anger
    - have a much more intense personality (the stereotypical ENFP has a temperament like a puppy, which, though I think that's wonderful, it ain't me lol)
    - operate at a a much slower pace (most of the ENFPs I know love to run multiple protects at once and keep their schedules booked)
    - need more time alone (ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more)
    - have a much more convicted, gut based energy as opposed to the more quick, mental energy of most ENFPs (Fi is a very gut based function
    - more private, enjoy a smaller number of friends, feel exhausted having to keep up socially with large groups of people
    it's not just me and it's definitely not because of my enneagram (I'm a 7w6, they're sooo much more ENFP-Ne-ish as a whole lol). I've noticed a sizable minority of ENFPs (I would guess about 25-40% but i can't be sure) related to these same traits and were much more

the reason I thought up this theory is because I noticed that, with each of the types (particularly ENFP) their seems to be an obvious split between those who are more comfortable with their first function and those who call on their second function more and often times the two groups can have drastically different demeanors, behaviors and internal states. for instance, compare ENFPs like Ellen Degeneres, Robert Downy Jr and Robin Williams with ENFPs like Anne Frank, Oscar Wilde and Darth Vader. the differences/similarities are obvious (light, humorous, sociable and higher energy vs intense, expressive, passionate and more of a reserved streak). I'm not trying turn this into a typological law or anything (even if it did turn into something like that, it would still need to be much more refined, this is just the basic idea), but looking across all 16 types, I see the same prominent divide between those who would fall into the dom/aux subtype, so I thought the basic idea was worth mentioning (though, at a function level, two ENFPs are always going to be very similar on a cognitive level, hence, this is only a subtle subdivision)

in terms of functions
    the ENFP-Ne's function strength might look like
    - Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    or perhaps
    - Ne>Te>Fi<Si

while the ENFP-Fi's function strength might look like
    - Fi>Ne>Te>Si
    or
    - Ne=Fi>Te>Si
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

my point also remains.
    if Fi > Ne, then the third function to balance it out will, in my opinion, automatically have to be Ti, not Te. And thus, you're into INFP territory. Why does the idea of being an INFP scare you so much? It has nothing to do with being shy, it's just function orientation.
    Also, the stuff you mention about yourself might be connected to the enneagram, which is totally different from mbti. mbti is how you think, enneagram about your motivations. what you tell me could me more related to enneagram than mbti, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    good
    my point remains, I believe many ENFPs will relate more to the Fi subtype (though, naturally, more ENFPs will relate to the ENFP-Ne description more). personally, I relate to the Fi subtype more because compared to most ENFPs I
    - am more prone to anger
    - have a much more intense personality (the stereotypical ENFP has a temperament like a puppy, which, though I think that's wonderful, it ain't me lol)
    - operate at a a much slower pace (most of the ENFPs I know love to run multiple protects at once and keep their schedules booked)
    - need more time alone (ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more)
    - have a much more convicted, gut based energy as opposed to the more quick, mental energy of most ENFPs (Fi is a very gut based function
    - more private, enjoy a smaller number of friends, feel exhausted having to keep up socially with large groups of people
    it's not just me and it's definitely not because of my enneagram (I'm a 7w6, they're sooo much more ENFP-Ne-ish as a whole lol). I've noticed a sizable minority of ENFPs (I would guess about 25-40% but i can't be sure) related to these same traits and were much more

the reason I thought up this theory is because I noticed that, with each of the types (particularly ENFP) their seems to be an obvious split between those who are more comfortable with their first function and those who call on their second function more and often times the two groups can have drastically different demeanors, behaviors and internal states. for instance, compare ENFPs like Ellen Degeneres, Robert Downy Jr and Robin Williams with ENFPs like Anne Frank, Oscar Wilde and Darth Vader. the differences/similarities are obvious (light, humorous, sociable and higher energy vs intense, expressive, passionate and more of a reserved streak). I'm not trying turn this into a typological law or anything (even if it did turn into something like that, it would still need to be much more refined, this is just the basic idea), but looking across all 16 types, I see the same prominent divide between those who would fall into the dom/aux subtype, so I thought the basic idea was worth mentioning (though, at a function level, two ENFPs are always going to be very similar on a cognitive level, hence, this is only a subtle subdivision)

in terms of functions
    the ENFP-Ne's function strength might look like
    - Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    or perhaps
    - Ne>Te>Fi<Si

while the ENFP-Fi's function strength might look like
    - Fi>Ne>Te>Si
    or
    - Ne=Fi>Te>Si

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    ENFP Te.
    Yah, i feel that.
    Thinking of functions specifically i def have Ne Fi Te but sometimes the specific order seems reverse.. could be those infamous loop times.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    GONE

Hold up - Darth Vader is ENFP??

This thread just jumped the shark
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I've got @pinkgraffiti as ENFP Fi. :uni:

this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference?
    and i wasn't the one who talked about hard-science, you did.
    What???

Typology isn’t a science. It isn’t even (currently) considered a very credible topic within the social sciences…and enneagram?...That is the stuff of new-age bookstores and Renaissance fairs (although I will say that subtypes is nothing new to typology…as in the ‘separation’ you refer to). Still, we are required by the rules of this forum to cite our sources if we are using someone else’s material…and so if no sources are cited…it is most likely safe to assume the ideas are solely that of the poster's.

My point was this: People share their crack-pot theories and half-baked ideas on this site all the time. Yet this is not the first time you have blown into a thread in order to make a complaint and call for some sort of scientific explanation or reference. It seems to really trouble you…which as an 'ENFP – Ne' seems a bit ‘off’ as we are all about ‘new ideas’ and ‘new ways of looking at things’. Having worked in science for many years…I assure you…all future scientific ‘certainties’ begin in this way. Someone first comes-up with a crack-pot idea. And then explores it. That's what we do on this site. The ENFPs are generally not the ones shooting other people's ideas down...but, still, that is what we do on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I've got @pinkgraffiti as ENFP Fi. :uni:
    Totally!!! haha.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

My cog functions tend to go Ne>Fi=Ni>Te>Se>Fe=Ti>Si
    Many times, Ne and Ni will come out almost the same
    I relate to ENFP-Fi more now, ENFP-Ne growing up.

Maybe those who relate to Fi or both have less of a gap in function development?
    Maybe ones current life situation is affecting it?
    Maybe enneagram does have something to do with it for some people?
    Maybe we are not all meant to fit into boxes ?
    Maybe peoples self understanding is not all that accurate?
    Maybe the theory is BS?
    Maybe overly dramatic, intense, passionate ENFP's just have issues with self-control and perception?
    Maybe super bubbly, playful ENFP's just get laid more or found that perfect anti-depressent?
    Maybe House Hunters is on now...

Anyhow, everyone knows that if your an ENFP you must do, think and feel one specific way. Otherwise you'll be cast into the ether with INTJ's feelings and old Jr. High essays.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

...the hell? leave me alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Totally!!! haha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i <3 enfps
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison