• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Subtypes: which one are you?

Which ENFP subtype are you?

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
far too serious and emotionally intense is a compliment. thanks :)
(but you are wrong. you know, i'd love to actually meet you in real life, so you'd see)

good :)
my point remains, I believe many ENFPs will relate more to the Fi subtype (though, naturally, more ENFPs will relate to the ENFP-Ne description more). personally, I relate to the Fi subtype more because compared to most ENFPs I
- am more prone to anger
- have a much more intense personality (the stereotypical ENFP has a temperament like a puppy, which, though I think that's wonderful, it ain't me lol)
- operate at a a much slower pace (most of the ENFPs I know love to run multiple protects at once and keep their schedules booked)
- need more time alone (ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more)
- have a much more convicted, gut based energy as opposed to the more quick, mental energy of most ENFPs (Fi is a very gut based function
- more private, enjoy a smaller number of friends, feel exhausted having to keep up socially with large groups of people
it's not just me and it's definitely not because of my enneagram (I'm a 7w6, they're sooo much more ENFP-Ne-ish as a whole lol). I've noticed a sizable minority of ENFPs (I would guess about 25-40% but i can't be sure) related to these same traits and were much more

the reason I thought up this theory is because I noticed that, with each of the types (particularly ENFP) their seems to be an obvious split between those who are more comfortable with their first function and those who call on their second function more and often times the two groups can have drastically different demeanors, behaviors and internal states. for instance, compare ENFPs like Ellen Degeneres, Robert Downy Jr and Robin Williams with ENFPs like Anne Frank, Oscar Wilde and Darth Vader. the differences/similarities are obvious (light, humorous, sociable and higher energy vs intense, expressive, passionate and more of a reserved streak). I'm not trying turn this into a typological law or anything (even if it did turn into something like that, it would still need to be much more refined, this is just the basic idea), but looking across all 16 types, I see the same prominent divide between those who would fall into the dom/aux subtype, so I thought the basic idea was worth mentioning (though, at a function level, two ENFPs are always going to be very similar on a cognitive level, hence, this is only a subtle subdivision)

in terms of functions
the ENFP-Ne's function strength might look like
- Ne>Fi>Te>Si
or perhaps
- Ne>Te>Fi<Si

while the ENFP-Fi's function strength might look like
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
or
- Ne=Fi>Te>Si

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my point also remains.
if Fi > Ne, then the third function to balance it out will, in my opinion, automatically have to be Ti, not Te. And thus, you're into INFP territory. Why does the idea of being an INFP scare you so much? It has nothing to do with being shy, it's just function orientation.
Also, the stuff you mention about yourself might be connected to the enneagram, which is totally different from mbti. mbti is how you think, enneagram about your motivations. what you tell me could me more related to enneagram than mbti, me thinks.

good :)
my point remains, I believe many ENFPs will relate more to the Fi subtype (though, naturally, more ENFPs will relate to the ENFP-Ne description more). personally, I relate to the Fi subtype more because compared to most ENFPs I
- am more prone to anger
- have a much more intense personality (the stereotypical ENFP has a temperament like a puppy, which, though I think that's wonderful, it ain't me lol)
- operate at a a much slower pace (most of the ENFPs I know love to run multiple protects at once and keep their schedules booked)
- need more time alone (ENFPs as a whole need more time alone than most extroverts, but Fi subtype ENFPs need even more)
- have a much more convicted, gut based energy as opposed to the more quick, mental energy of most ENFPs (Fi is a very gut based function
- more private, enjoy a smaller number of friends, feel exhausted having to keep up socially with large groups of people
it's not just me and it's definitely not because of my enneagram (I'm a 7w6, they're sooo much more ENFP-Ne-ish as a whole lol). I've noticed a sizable minority of ENFPs (I would guess about 25-40% but i can't be sure) related to these same traits and were much more

the reason I thought up this theory is because I noticed that, with each of the types (particularly ENFP) their seems to be an obvious split between those who are more comfortable with their first function and those who call on their second function more and often times the two groups can have drastically different demeanors, behaviors and internal states. for instance, compare ENFPs like Ellen Degeneres, Robert Downy Jr and Robin Williams with ENFPs like Anne Frank, Oscar Wilde and Darth Vader. the differences/similarities are obvious (light, humorous, sociable and higher energy vs intense, expressive, passionate and more of a reserved streak). I'm not trying turn this into a typological law or anything (even if it did turn into something like that, it would still need to be much more refined, this is just the basic idea), but looking across all 16 types, I see the same prominent divide between those who would fall into the dom/aux subtype, so I thought the basic idea was worth mentioning (though, at a function level, two ENFPs are always going to be very similar on a cognitive level, hence, this is only a subtle subdivision)

in terms of functions
the ENFP-Ne's function strength might look like
- Ne>Fi>Te>Si
or perhaps
- Ne>Te>Fi<Si

while the ENFP-Fi's function strength might look like
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
or
- Ne=Fi>Te>Si

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yah, i feel that.
Thinking of functions specifically i def have Ne Fi Te but sometimes the specific order seems reverse.. could be those infamous loop times.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hold up - Darth Vader is ENFP??

This thread just jumped the shark :popc1:

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've got [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] as ENFP Fi. :uni::angry::D

Starry

this is weird, i don't like this. whats an enfp-fi? from the description its an infp basically. is this separation scientific? what's the reference?

and i wasn't the one who talked about hard-science, you did.

What???

Typology isn’t a science. It isn’t even (currently) considered a very credible topic within the social sciences…and enneagram?...That is the stuff of new-age bookstores and Renaissance fairs (although I will say that subtypes is nothing new to typology…as in the ‘separation’ you refer to). Still, we are required by the rules of this forum to cite our sources if we are using someone else’s material…and so if no sources are cited…it is most likely safe to assume the ideas are solely that of the poster's.

My point was this: People share their crack-pot theories and half-baked ideas on this site all the time. Yet this is not the first time you have blown into a thread in order to make a complaint and call for some sort of scientific explanation or reference. It seems to really trouble you…which as an 'ENFP – Ne' seems a bit ‘off’ as we are all about ‘new ideas’ and ‘new ways of looking at things’. Having worked in science for many years…I assure you…all future scientific ‘certainties’ begin in this way. Someone first comes-up with a crack-pot idea. And then explores it. That's what we do on this site. The ENFPs are generally not the ones shooting other people's ideas down...but, still, that is what we do on this site.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My cog functions tend to go Ne>Fi=Ni>Te>Se>Fe=Ti>Si
Many times, Ne and Ni will come out almost the same
I relate to ENFP-Fi more now, ENFP-Ne growing up.

Maybe those who relate to Fi or both have less of a gap in function development?
Maybe ones current life situation is affecting it?
Maybe enneagram does have something to do with it for some people?
Maybe we are not all meant to fit into boxes ?
Maybe peoples self understanding is not all that accurate?
Maybe the theory is BS?
Maybe overly dramatic, intense, passionate ENFP's just have issues with self-control and perception?
Maybe super bubbly, playful ENFP's just get laid more or found that perfect anti-depressent?
Maybe House Hunters is on now...

Anyhow, everyone knows that if your an ENFP you must do, think and feel one specific way. Otherwise you'll be cast into the ether with INTJ's feelings and old Jr. High essays.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typology is srs bsns.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my point also remains.
if Fi > Ne, then the third function to balance it out will, in my opinion, automatically have to be Ti, not Te. And thus, you're into INFP territory. Why does the idea of being an INFP scare you so much? It has nothing to do with being shy, it's just function orientation.
Also, the stuff you mention about yourself might be connected to the enneagram, which is totally different from mbti. mbti is how you think, enneagram about your motivations. what you tell me could me more related to enneagram than mbti, me thinks.

- well, I'm a 7w6 ENFP-Fi so obviously there is more at play than just enneagram lol
- the idea of being an INFP does not scare me. in fact, I was in denial about my extroversion for a long time. if I really ended up being an introvert, I would actually be happier (I fucking love INFPs) :D
- if someone where Fi>Ne, I don't see how that would make the next function Ti. everyone has a Ji (Ti or Fi), a Je (Te or Fe), a Pi (Si or Ni) and a Pe (Se or Ne) but what I'm saying is that the strength order doesn't always fall into place so neatly. however, Fi>Ne>Ti would be two Ji functions in the top three. that doesn't make any sense. it's not common for the 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th functions to be switched in terms of strength, so it wouldn't be uncommon to see an ENFP who is
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
- Ne>Te>Fi>Si
- Ne>Fi>Si>Te

Edit: my main theory I guess is that extroversion is more of a spectrum and ENFPs who fall on the more extreme end of the extroversion spectrum are more likely to be ENFP-Ne while more moderate extroverts (such as yours truly) would score more ENFP-Fi

sculpting

What???

Typology isn’t a science. It isn’t even (currently) considered a very credible topic within the social sciences….

i think Nardi's data is quite insightful and goes quite a long way in validating the biology.

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] i dont think the categories are quite correct. I would be more like your Ne-fi, but i actually have massive, massive Ne. id argue you are seeing NeTe Fi vs NeFi

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think Nardi's data is quite insightful and goes quite a long way in validating the biology.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] i dont think the categories are quite correct. I would be more like your Ne-fi, but i actually have massive, massive Ne. id argue you are seeing NeTe Fi vs NeFi

I'm high on Ne, Fi and Te, it's just I don't rely on my Ne quite as much as most ENFPs

ENFP-Fi + weak Te looks like INFP
ENFP-Fi + strong Te looks like INTJ

sculpting

I'm high on Ne, Fi and Te, it's just I don't rely on my Ne quite as much as most ENFPs

ENFP-Fi + weak Te looks like INFP
ENFP-Fi + strong Te looks like INTJ

Hmmm, But Ne doesnt mean "I love to hang out and chat". It menas you can see the endless possibilities contained within everything around you . I dont like talking to people most of the time, but I love envisioning future paths, seeing forward, linking complex ideas together. (not to impose limits of your search for self, of course, just my perspective on the theory)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, But Ne doesnt mean "I love to hang out and chat". It menas you can see the endless possibilities contained within everything around you . I dont like talking to people most of the time, but I love envisioning future paths, seeing forward, linking complex ideas together. (not to impose limits of your search for self, of course, just my perspective on the theory)

me too, but the central theme I'm talking about is that the ENFP-Ne subtype constantly needs new intellectual stimulation to bounce ideas off, create new theories about, understand, play with etc. the ENFP-Fi does too, just significantly less than the ENFP-Ne who gets bored quickly without constant new stimulation

sculpting

me too, but the central theme I'm talking about is that the ENFP-Ne subtype constantly needs new intellectual stimulation to bounce ideas off, create new theories about, understand, play with etc. the ENFP-Fi does too, just significantly less than the ENFP-Ne who gets bored quickly without constant new stimulation

ah, but in your original description you had the Ne type bouncing off ideas derived from PEOPLEZ. I tend to endlessly search for new ideas/stimulation among books, science, outdoors. The Fi is the only thing that makes me finish out any gven idea, but it does not make me want to deal with sorting through the PEOPLEZ mostly, as those foks are exhausting and often lead down paths that are dull.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ah, but in your original description you had the Ne type bouncing off ideas derived from PEOPLEZ. I tend to endlessly search for new ideas/stimulation among books, science, outdoors. The Fi is the only thing that makes me finish out any gven idea, but it does not make me want to deal with sorting through the PEOPLEZ mostly, as those foks are exhausting and often lead down paths that are dull.

perhaps it leaned that direction a little too much. I guess what I meant is that they seek external stimuli more whereas ENFP-Fi would rather take more time to reflect on what they already have collected and be overwhelmed by too much external stimuli

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure I buy an enfp with higher fi than ne