User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    money is nice, prestige is nice, friends are nice, beauty is nice, intelligence is nice. if you want to get as much of these things as you can, be my guest, but why are any of these things necessary for people to love themselves?
    true. but the world tells you that in order to be a nobody, you need money, prestige, friends, beauty AND intelligence. if you see yourself as a nobody, how can you love yourself if you see you as a nobody amongst the great someones who(at least seemingly) has all of those things?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    true. but the world tells you that in order to be a nobody, you need money, prestige, friends, beauty AND intelligence. if you see yourself as a nobody, how can you love yourself if you see you as a nobody amongst the great someones who(at least seemingly) has all of those things?
    I guess I've really never cared what the world has told me. the world has told me I'm
    - not manly
    - poor
    - ugly
    - stupid
    - "eccentric"
    - deserve to go to hell
    it a good thing I don't care about what the world thinks of me, cuz I'd probably feel like shit about myself. hahaha
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I see myself as a "work in progress" so I regard my traits as something in flux, either improving or changing by my own efforts or decaying or adapting on their own over time. Perhaps I don't love myself because I feel I would lose any inner "drive" (no matter how crude) to better myself and a harmful stagnation would set in. Perhaps I do not feel an incomplete construct deserves love as an end in itself. I do have a love for the person I would like to become though, however whether I would love the self-actualised version if I were to arrive is another question entirely.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I see myself as a "work in progress" so I regard my traits as something in flux, either improving or changing by my own efforts or decaying or adapting on their own over time. Perhaps I don't love myself because I feel I would lose any inner "drive" (no matter how crude) to better myself and a harmful stagnation would set in. Perhaps I do not feel an incomplete construct deserves love as an end in itself. I do have a love for the person I would like to become though, however whether I would love the self-actualised version if I were to arrive is another question entirely.
    I know precisely what you mean. what helps me with this is to think about externally what results I want rather than "I will feel better about myself if I accomplish XYZ". for instance, money motivates the hell out of me because it allows me to have fun, be spontaneous and express my dramatic personality
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I know precisely what you mean. what helps me with this is to think about externally what results I want rather than "I will feel better about myself if I accomplish XYZ". for instance, money motivates the hell out of me because it allows me to have fun, be spontaneous and express my dramatic personality
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Enneagram

Why don't I love myself? Have you MET me? Trust me, you wouldn't either.

they haven't seen T H E L I G H T.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.