User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Everyone is born into the world wanting to be fully accepted and loved unconditionally. Somewhere in the scheme of things, be it the care-giver/some external deficiency or simply the perceivers misconception.. the fear arises that love comes with conditions. Ideally it shouldn't be this way and is not the case for everyone.. but I'd be willing to say that many people have experienced some degree of conditional love at some point. It is not uncommon for a person to begin to see themselves as the world sees them.

Alot of this goes back to how value is established, and many times we see it established through an external standard.
    It also goes back to ones ability to reconcile these external measurements with an inherent internal value, which can be very confusing and difficult to hold up in a world where we see people starve, suffer and die every day for power and greed.

I'm just going to add that most of the people I know do not belong to either extreme, they tend to love and hate various aspects of themselves.. and sometimes this can be a good thing because disatisfaction with aspects of oneself can set the framework for improvement and growth which aids purpose and meaning in life.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

I love being myself... but there's a problem. Since I was a child, I have been usually well received and accepted anywhere. People always make compliments to me, and I'm normally liked and admired. But when this don't happen, I get really frustrated with it and react really bad. These times are the times when I don't like myself, and a several months run of self-analysis begins, with me eventually getting better.

Even though I eventually have some problems with myself, I do love being who I am. I love being a male human, I love my interests and abilities. I like my multiple and abrangent talents, my creativity and ability to deal with people. I love being an ENFP.
    Last edited by IceBlock; 06-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You can't choose who your heart will love. :P

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lots of reasons. 1) attachment issues 2) because you physically feel differently when you're under different life circumstances/neurologies 3) Because you get more of what you want when people treat you better 4) because secretly you have a dream of the "ideal" person you'd like to be. The more your actuality differs from your ideal t
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Because some people refuse to practice unconditional love.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    seriously. why do people need all these reasons and external validations to love themselves. why don't they just say "I love myself dammit!" and be done with it? money is nice, prestige is nice, friends are nice, beauty is nice, intelligence is nice. if you want to get as much of these things as you can, be my guest, but why are any of these things necessary for people to love themselves?
    Do you always talk to yourself out loud?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I really don't understand the purpose of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I have a love hate dislike relationship with myself.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    You can't choose who your heart will love. :P
    you can if the person in question is yourself.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Body image issues and a general sense that they have accomplished nothing.