• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] ENFPs or INFPs- Which are Better for INTJs?

Starry

sorry, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]. the INFP who made claims of having twice the staying power, depth, volume (lol, wtf) is suspiciously absent. :laugh:

Yah that one...that was creepy (I can't totally keep-up but it did seem like a few INFPs followed-suit) . As I absolutely know you know (you and all ENFPs worth their salt in ENFPness)...I don't deal in 'scarcity'...because when you do...the only way you can get your needs met is by faulting the 'other guy'. I only deal in abundance.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yah that one...that was creepy (I can't totally keep-up but it did seem like a few INFPs followed-suit) . As I absolutely know you know (you and all ENFPs worth their salt in ENFPness)...I don't deal in 'scarcity'...because when you do...the only way you can get your needs met is by faulting the 'other guy'. I only deal in abundance.

Yes, I've always wondered about the whole "ENFPs don't invest in relationships" thing.

Do we not communicate well enough?

I say that because I know someone who probably thinks I was flighty and I think it's because it seems like I "lost interest" but I probably didn't communicate where the problems were because it just seemed hopeless. I sure invested in it until it just didn't work anymore.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG an ENFP-INTJ thread is a giant steaming pile of shit!

Never seen that on this forum before!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Is it possible that a mod threadsplits this thing, starting with post 83?

We really hijacked this poor dude's thread.

A good title would be "ENFPs or INFPs: Which are better for INTJs?"

[MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]

INTJguy123

MBTI Type
INTJ
...wtf is wrong with you people? Lol. I don't even want to share what ended up happening with you guys (other than the ones I've PMed) because of the sheer amount of jackassery that has transpired in this thread

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
...wtf is wrong with you people? Lol. I don't even want to share what ended up happening with you guys (other than the ones I've PMed) because of the sheer amount of jackassery that has transpired in this thread

Bored maybe?

You should share, I'm curious, I've dated an INFP and I've been besties with INTJs.

Within

Permabanned

They way you use plural in that sentence indicates that you lack knowledge in the English language.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

It's getting threadsplit.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I'm not understanding about this thread is this: What the hell's going on in general.

Are we attempting to *prove* INFPs are better for INTJs than ENFPs? And in order to do that...we (the INFPs) can't just state our reasons and highlight the secret *sign the contract and then I'll show you the magic* thing... But we also need tear-down the ENFPs in the process??? What?

As far as I know...I've never seen an ENFP do this in reverse...in this thread...or anywhere else for that matter. Yah...I'm not...

Edit: As an ENFP...I'm totally cool if INFPs are 'better' for INTJs.

I know right? Like I give a fu@k I just take issue with all this arrogant infp boasting. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost always know what I am thinking and feeling, I just sometimes have trouble conveying it in a satisfying way, especially if I am concerned about the other person’s possible reaction or being misunderstood.

I agree; I definitely know my own mind & heart. I'm even decent at picking up on other people's feelings...usually. Attraction can kind of throw a wrench into this. I worry wishful thinking will get in the way. I honestly worry I will allow fantasy to tamper with my interpretation of reality. So I tend to question signals from people I'm attracted to, unless they are very clear.

And yes, the OP seems to have made his intentions very clear, and so I think it boils down to disinterest from the INFP, or maybe not being emotionally ready for a relationship & recoiling when faced with the possibility of one (despite genuine attraction). In any case, I think the typical INFP who was interested would've given a much clearer response to a direct invitation. Whatever excessive humility, oblivousness, doubts, awkwardness, etc, may come into play, at a certain point you either really like someone or you don't & you act accordingly, especially when they've made their interest known (this is why I still think some of these INTJs in my past were not so smitten as they later claimed; why the vagueness & half-hearted attempts to get together then?).

----

And the ENFP vs INFP thing going on here is sort of bizarre. I don't see any reason to pit the types against each other. While there can be a similarity in thinking (most evident online to me, where I'm surprised at how much similarity there is), they tend to have VERY different demeanors. The OP stated he was NOT interested in the ENFP romantically, so it's not a matter of which is better for him. What type is best for your type in theory means little when you're attracted to a living, breathing person of another type who just might like you too. The OP is unlikely to swicth his interest based on theory. This a matter of whether the INFP likes him or not, or if he can turn a mild interest into more. The ENFP in question went out of the picture pages ago...

Within

Permabanned
Addressing the way that I've experienced INFP & ENFP women in the context. I've basically come up a draw when considering partner material. I consider the NFP preference really attractive in general, and the E cancels out the I in the sense that I both find security in being bailed out and sticking my head into their tits for comfort in a hidden away place. That's as far as typology goes on the subject for me.