User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    please. she issued a series of generalizations others found offensive, and later backpedaled to cover her ass.

and is apparently too much of a coward to defend herself. no love.
    Was there any truth to her generalizations?

Cuz, frankly, I could give a damn about offensiveness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Was there any truth to her generalizations?

Cuz, frankly, I could give a damn about offensiveness.
    there is likely truth to the stereotype: "INFPs resort to passive aggression when cornered" but i know better than to make such a claim and others equally negative, without immediate qualification. not *after* i have made the negative claims.

and while you don't give a damn about offensiveness, you cannot assume that others share your view.

the point we are making is that she offered generalizations that were offensive misinterpretations of a type whose nuances she appears to poorly understand. (worse: a type she actually DOES understand and willingly sought to offend. not sure which is more sad, given that she is a fellow NF.) and all the cries of "she may have a point" are pointless until the [quite reasonable] counter-argument is examined and responded to. i.e., @skylights' post.

frankly, i'd be interested in her rebuttal. because hiding in the shrubs while others step forward is not going to make the ENFPs you *both* summoned go away.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    It's not even just infps. It's introverts in general with their I'm more special because you have to work for it shit. It's not just this thread you see it referenced all the time. It's annoying. Like we take a long time to decide we like someone and want to be friendly to you so it means so much more than those shallow extroverts who just go around being nice to everyone all the time!! I mean how crass!!

It's ridiculous.
    It reminds me of p's and n's on this forum trying to come up with a reason for their existence. Introverts don't fit the social constructs so it makes them feel crappy so they have to come up with a reason they have "moar awesome." I do it with being a P, it would be a lot easier for me if I was a J or an S and I could fit in better. My little ESP is so happy she runs around smiling and has a billion thousand friends. Of course in the long run that P is going to get her but right now that ES makes life so easy for her!

It is ludicrous to say introverts are more special but it's also ludicrous to be an introvert when being an extrovert works so much better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    It is ludicrous but it's also ludicrous to be an introvert when being an extrovert works so much better.
    Poe's Law.

MBTI
    yupp

It reminds me of p's and n's on this forum trying to come up with a reason for their existence. Introverts don't fit the social constructs so it makes them feel crappy so they have to come up with a reason they have "moar awesome." I do it with being a P, it would be a lot easier for me if I was a J or an S and I could fit in better. My little ESP is so happy she runs around smiling and has a billion thousand friends. Of course in the long run that P is going to get her but right now that ES makes life so easy for her!

It is ludicrous to say introverts are more special but it's also ludicrous to be an introvert when being an extrovert works so much better.

excuse me, but i like being an introvert. I find nothing inherently wrong with being one, I fit in to society just fine thank you very much.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Uh..

The use of the term is most common in the skeptical and science-based communities on Web 2.0. Many blogs, forums and wikis will often refer to the law when dealing with cranks of any stripe. It is most commonly used after a fundamentalist rant has been posted on a topic and people will rush to be the first to respond with "I call Poe's Law." Superior bragging rights can be earned by calling it first. It is also commonly used when linking to highly questionable rants by prefacing them with "Poe's Law strikes again" or just simply "Poe's Law."
    I'm not sure you know what you are talking about and I sure as heck fire don't know what you are talking about.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    ...the ENFPs you *both* summoned....
    My ego takes offense to that.

I believe only *I* summoned the ENFPs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    excuse me, but i like being an introvert. I find nothing inherently wrong with being one, I fit in to society just fine thank you very much.
    You are also NFP! Oh my gawd how's that work for ya. We are freaks, yo.

Much of this forum is I's, N's, T females/F males, P's trying to figure out wtf is wrong with them and/or trying to make themselves feel better because other people are as whack as they are.

No one else has ever noticed this??
    Last edited by Laurie; 05-25-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: grammmmmmaarrer

MBTI
    yupp

You are also NFP! Oh my gawd how's that work for ya. We are freaks, yo.

Much of this forum is I's, N's, T females/F males, P's trying to figure out wtf is wrong with them and/or trying to make themselves feel better because other people are as whack as they are.

No one else have ever noticed this??
    I'm simply saying that even though I'm an INFP I still fit into society I might not be an ESFJ but I don't want to be, my natural inclination is towards INFP and most people tend to like me for me, a very select few have judged me but overall, I don't think I'm special because I"m INFP. nor do i think I'm better than anyone because of it. most days I think I'm worst than most people. so I can't figure out why people are attracted to me, because I should be repellant.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Uh..

I'm not sure you know what you are talking about and I sure as heck fire don't know what you are talking about.
    Well I did, thus proving that introverts are obviously better than extroverts.