User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Results 401 to 410 of 437

  1. #401
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so you are actually a squirrel?
    Yes.
    You have discovered my secret identity.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  2. #402
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Yes.
    You have discovered my secret identity.
    nice outfit:
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

  3. #403
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Seeing others of the same (or nearly the same) type as a mirror can be quite revealing. One thing I learned from seeing other INTJs in action is that we could NEVER, EVER be construed as being too positive or too warm. I say this, because that was the constraint I had placed upon myself: I didn't want to seem too warm, too forward, too open, lest I cause awkwardness. Seeing other INTJs react in the same manner came across as very, very cold, almost inhuman, definitely dismissive.

    So I suspect that INFPs need to pay close attention to the kinds of things that appear flaky (but don't don't feel flaky), while INTJs need to be aware of the kinds of things that appear cold and distant, but don't feel that way to ourselves.

    There are few metrics on this path, however. So I was quite flattered when a friend of mine commented on my "warm energy" one evening.
    I think most INTJs attempt to show affection through sarcasm: advanced ones may manage to get as far as teasing.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #404
    Senior Member tkae.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    EDIT: Ok, read about 5-10 posts. Remembering why INFPs are such a pain in the ass and things never work out with them. ENFPs it is.
    ...

    I mean, "Please, no! I can't live without you! I don't know how I'll ever go on without your affirmation of my being!"



    If you're gonna be a special snowflake about it, we don't want you. I doubt the ENFPs want it either. You need to check yourself, because I'm betting it's not the type of person you date that's the issue.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  5. #405
    Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    848

    Default

    INFPs or ENFPs, which should I pick to worship me?

  6. #406
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    I think the main reason INTJs are attracted to or INTJs and ENFPs are supposed to make good partners is because:

    INTJs are usually very responsible people and are one of the most committed partners. They literally take care of their lovers. They are responsible people and that's a very very sexy thing once you become mature.

    Men like to feel that they are useful, which is probably why men are attracted to the image of damsel in distress. - Sorry I had to stereotype here a bit -.

    INTJs are very very good at practical matters - with the exception of romance and attracting a partner, which is too obvious not to use as a stereotype of INTJs - and being organized. That's ENFP's achille's heel. Even if they are good at practical matters they are seldom organized. I am not saying being disorganized is bad, I am saying ENFPs' weakness is INTJs' friend.

    And when it comes to matters of love ENFPs are usually the aggressors, whereas INTJs are usually not the aggressors. And both these types have Fi. (Tertiary and secondary.) So an INTJ would gladly run everything else whereas the ENFP would guide the INTJs in the areas of romance, love, bonding etc. And like I said above: INTJs are usually terrible at attraction.

    So I think because of the above reasons they compliment each other very well. However, it is the INTJ who does most of the needed parts of a long term relationships and they could compliment and strongly bond with ANY type as well as they do so with ENFPs.

    ENFPs on the otherhand aren't so much compatible with most types. I also believe they are awesome short term lovers and are terrible long term lovers.

    INTJ-ENFP relationships - ENFP gains, INTJ gives.
    .
    Likes chubber, Lethe liked this post

  7. #407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    From what I've read, INFPs are a better match. With ENFPs you run the chance of entering supervisory relations, and those aren't very pleasant. I've heard of some INTJ+ENFP pairings working out, but what I usually hear is that they're both miserable. INTJs tend to go well with ENTPs for business/friendship and either INFPs or ENFJs in relationships.
    Likes Nijntje liked this post

  8. #408
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    From what I've read, INFPs are a better match. With ENFPs you run the chance of entering supervisory relations, and those aren't very pleasant. I've heard of some INTJ+ENFP pairings working out, but what I usually hear is that they're both miserable. INTJs tend to go well with ENTPs for business/friendship and either INFPs or ENFJs in relationships.
    idk about that. honestly i mainly hear INTJs bitch about INFPs... even the INTJs who like INFPs describe relationships with INFPs as 'double gravity' due to the heavy Fi i presume + very difficult to make work. i hear mainly glowing things about the INTJ-ENFP pair. on the INTJ and ENFP reddit subs, the respective types are ALL OVER them. there are a lot of ENFP-INTJ marriages that seem very happy. it's a soulmate pairing. INFPs don't have that match... the soulmate pairings are ENFP-INTJ and ENTP-INFJ.

    so i would have to say that ENFPs are generally considered a better match.

    can INFPs stop making threads where it's basically asking INTJs to put us down? LOL. whenever we're being compared with ENFPs we never win

  9. #409
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    How are INFPs more "flaky"? I would think that they reveal less but would be as flaky as an ENFP if people knew more about it, because INFPs keep more to themselves.

    I would also like to mention that INTJs tend to end up with INFPs rather than ENFPs. I think @highlander made a good point.

    I just find it ironic that these theorists from the books, most of them end up with their socionics ideal partner. Either them or their parents do.
    that's interesting you say more INFPs end up with INTJs than ENFPs... i've seen the opposite. there are definitely wayyyy more ENFP-INTJ partnerships out there, just from perusing reddit and various MBTI forums. no question.

  10. #410
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Where has this thread been hiding? (Ahhhh.... I see it was just moved to the NF Forum due to topic "derailment".)

    Answer to the OP: Before I dive in and read this thread (which interests me greatly) I have to give my answer to the OP's question: ENFP. Hands down. Not even close. ENFP is totally perfect for INTJs. INFPs are, in general, a terrible idea as an INTJ mate.

    OK. Now I'll go back and read the rest of this thread before posting a more complete answer.
    who do you think is a good match for the INFP then?

Similar Threads

  1. Which are better athletes, thinkers or feelers?
    By greenfairy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 09:55 PM
  2. Which are better athletes, thinkers or feelers?
    By Randomnity in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP or INFP?
    By raybeijo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
  4. ENFP or INFP? Heeeeelp, please!
    By cfs1992 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
  5. Is my brother ENFP or INFP?
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO