User Tag List

First 303839404142 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    This is where typology becomes remarkably useful.

Usually, we meet someone we dislike or have a bad encounter with, and we just think, "We're nothing like that bozo."

But with typology, assuming you can type the other person, and you see that the other person is of your type, you can't just dismiss their bad behavior as being "just them." We see that, yes, we're not only like that person, but we've done things exactly like that, but our thoughts in our heads weren't "I'm going to be an asshole," but rather "I'm going to do something entirely sensible in order to avoid annoyance." Seeing it from outside of ourselves points out the "asshole" side of things.
    This only works if we run into people that are demonstrably our same type, which is rather rare, AND we have a negative experience with them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    This is where typology becomes remarkably useful.

Usually, we meet someone we dislike or have a bad encounter with, and we just think, "We're nothing like that bozo."

But with typology, assuming you can type the other person, and you see that the other person is of your type, you can't just dismiss their bad behavior as being "just them." We see that, yes, we're not only like that person, but we've done things exactly like that, but our thoughts in our heads weren't "I'm going to be an asshole," but rather "I'm going to do something entirely sensible in order to avoid annoyance." Seeing it from outside of ourselves points out the "asshole" side of things.

They're both. ENFPs are more obviously flaky a their random Ne approach to things, but INFPs are less obviously, but in a way more profoundly flaky in an "I'm going to follow my heart" way, and so they follow their heart in whatever random direction it pulls. To themselves, their heart doesn't feel random, but to everyone else, it seems completely random, completely unaffected by common sense or any regard for the facts on the ground.

Keep in mind, I'm describing "how" these types are flaky, not that they are necessarily flaky.
    I'm not sure, there's numerous times where I knew I was being an asshole but the other person deserved the treatment. I'm not an asshole on purpose for no reason. if I am it's because like you said I didn't see myself being an asshole.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ... it does give insight into how much internal motivation, intent, and effort there is to NOT flake out.
    I feel like I am constantly on guard to prevent it ... every day being vigilant to prevent the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is an interesting idea for a thread. I've never noticed it. I honestly think that INFP could be better. The reason I say that is the outgoing nature of the ENFP vs. INTJ is inevitably going to cause some conflict where one wants to go out and do a lot of stuff and the other just wants to chill. Also, I think the INFP could somehow provide more of a bedrock of support for the INTJ.
    lol that you didn't notice this thread back in the day. Someone cast a resurrect spell on it!

I think for you, as an e6, you especially would appreciate the dominant Fi (if set in a compatible value space). If we value consistency, INFPs will be on guard (see above) to be more constant and less tugged about by Ne (however, not always successful).

I have to remind myself dozens of times a day to stay on track with goals, projects, things I said I would do, calling my Mom, trying to care for people and stay in touch. I keep lists on the go and they are prodigious in length. Sometimes I am amazed at how distractible I am.

This inconsistency is a strike against INFPs too, because in this area, ENFPs tend to be less "flaky".
    You mean they are consistently flaky and thus more reliable?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm somewhat understanding of this because I have the same problem, not being aware that I may read as cold and being confused when I'm judged negatively for it. Being "cold" is one of the biggest criticism I've received in life, and one of the things that prevented me from typing as a Feeler initially.

But I am more likely to seem inconsistent as compared to an INTJ or an ENFP, neither quite as cold nor nearly as warm, and not as consistently so as either.

This inconsistency is a strike against INFPs too, because in this area, ENFPs tend to be less "flaky".
    That might be a specific instance of flakiness but generally, I think INFPs would be much less flaky than ENFPs. Before anyone get offended, let me explain what I mean. When I was younger, I was definitely attracted to ENFPs. However, I didn't consider them to be as stable or reliable as some other types. They seemed fickle with respect to their decision making. They spread themselves around with lots of different people. I couldn't trust that they would be there and stay there through thick and thin. At least that is how I felt. Given I am the kind of person who needs security, this was kind of a turn off. Maybe that's why I ended up with an ISFJ

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Alassea liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not sure, there's numerous times where I knew I was being an asshole but the other person deserved the treatment. I'm not an asshole on purpose for no reason. if I am it's because like you said I didn't see myself being an asshole.
    This is really so true of me. I try to be a friend of everybody, but I still manage to offend half the people I speak with. The other half really love me…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    This is really so true of me. I try to be a friend of everybody, but I still manage to offend half the people I speak with. The other half really love me…
    Do you know what you do that other people take offense at, or conversely, what those who like you like about you?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

i don't think people hate me, well maybe they do it's more of they either love me like me or just indifferent to me. if they hate me I hate them too. so it's ok

i also associate this with you: probably completley wrong though
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you know what you do that other people take offense at, or conversely, what those who like you like about you?
    Usually, it has to do with obliviousness and not "problem solving" and not "seeing things in plain view." I'm a real space cadet most of the time.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i don't think people hate me, well maybe they do it's more of they either love me like me or just indifferent to me. if they hate me I hate them too. so it's ok

i also associate this with you: probably completley wrong though
    Not that far off, really.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Not that far off, really.
    so you are actually a squirrel?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all