User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Absent generalizations, then, how about illustrative examples, especially of the highlighted? (I don't interact with many NFPs IRL, so here is my chance to learn from you folks.)

And yes, not all NFPs, especially ENFPS, know enough to reserve comment until they know the person well. I would suspect you are stellar when analyzing someone very close to you. I have only one (E)NFP in my "inner circle", and sometimes even she gets it wrong.
    Aww... thanks for the vote of confidence. From an INTJ, that is prized indeed. I'm kinda pressed for time at the moment, but I'm posting so I will come back to it after giving it some thought.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

@Edgar: INTJ ? ?
    My enneagram results tend to be either 5w4 or 8w7, depending on the way the wind blows that day.
    As for my instinctual variant, it can be either sp or sx...
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So I haven't read any of this but my opinion is that on average, enfps may get along better. However, there are some infps that would be an incredible match as well. It all depends on the two individuals and the chemistry between them.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Blah blah...pages later, shouldn't INTJs stick with INTPs?

Just a thought.
    Oh. No. I dont think so.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Keirsey & Jung are using the same word in VERY different ways. They use such different ways of categorizing personality that I'd hardly combine the two... One is behavioral, the other psychological in the most non-tangible way.

All types can be rational & use rational thinking, of course. J-dom approach the world as something to be organized into something that makes sense (Thinking classifies what something is & Feeling assigns value). P-dom, however, are "aware" of things - they "see" what is & what is not. They don't need to use extensive lines of reasoning & classifications to "see" things - those things just are. Jung says it's difficult for a Ji-dom to grasp how the Pi-dom experiences their perceptions as objective (aka they don't relate it to themselves), that they see it as just an idea that may be true, likely, or possible. Whether it's true, likely, or possible is determined with Je, so of course there is still use of rational reasoning. The Ji-dom, however, is highly aware of their own subjectivity in the sense that they KNOW their judgments/classifications are created by themselves, and their aim is to hammer out their reasoning into something airtight so it can be accepted by others. This is very easy to see in INPs especially...it's why we write walls of text .

Of course, the INFP is "organizing" within their inner world. Hence, we build extensive lines of reasoning behind our valuations, something which very few people see, but which the few who do see it can benefit from a lot. We're called "harmonizer-clarifiers" on some profiles because we make sense of human feeling in a way that helps people use it better. Our focus is not application (which is EXHAUSTING), though, so much as understanding. We don't seek to affect people much with our views, unless requested by them, but when we do, there's often a tendency to explain very thoroughly why something is so. We may even be articulate other people's feelings & ideas for them very well. I've seen other INFPs do this to me even; they see my idea/feeling & hammer it out even more until it's even more articulate. This is useful to anyone who has a hard time communicating their inner world and/or is stubborn & needs extensive proof of another view being possible ( :cough: Ni-dom :cough: ).

The ENFP, however, is the "champion of the underdog"... They get people's attention, they affect people charismatically, they cause change in other people's perceptions of what is what. It's more external, obviously, but less hammered out. INFPs go a little deeper to provide in depth reasons for why these things are important or good or whatever, but they also take less action & affect less people. Sometimes you see an INFP be quite Ne-ish & an ENFP be quite Fi-ish, but we're talking over all personality & tendencies.
    Oh and just an off-hand comment. This kind of interaction would be pretty interesting to a lot of intjs.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

I have 2 INTJ friends IRL and I consider both of them to be very close and dear friends of mine. one might be because we've slept together and wouldn't mind marrying one day, and the other I've known since middle school.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    So I haven't read any of this but my opinion is that on average, enfps may get along better. However, there are some infps that would be an incredible match as well. It all depends on the two individuals and the chemistry between them.
    I would agree with this.

In general, I think ENFPs would be a better match. In general, I think that INFPs are not a good match. This is obviously a conversation in generalities and should be taken as such. I think that the INFPs I know are more focused on creating worlds that reflects their INFP Fi-value system. INTJs are more about being strategists and working toward whatever goal is at hand. In some ways I think INFPs and INTJs are antithetical to each other in the aforementioned aspects.

Said in another way, I think an INFP would be well-matched with someone who could celebrate her/his ideal view of their world. I've never met an INTJ who would do this... at least not without a lot of practice. I see most INFPs getting hurt on a regular basis by their INTJs.

Let me repeat that I'm speaking in generalities, but like Highlander, I think a run-of-the-mill ENFP would be a better fit for the run-of-the-mill INTJ.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    PING

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

Said in another way, I think an INFP would be well-matched with someone who could celebrate her/his ideal view of their world. I've never met an INTJ who would do this... at least not without a lot of practice. I see most INFPs getting hurt on a regular basis by their INTJs.
    This is interesting...I think the other side of the argument/discussion/equation hasn't been addressed yet. What can INTJs bring to INFPs and ENFPs that would make either a good pairing or not??? (In general terms ofcourse) Example: ENFPs might be good for INTJs, but are INTJs good for ENFPs etc.??

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCait View Post
    This is interesting...I think the other side of the argument/discussion/equation hasn't been addressed yet. What can INTJs bring to INFPs and ENFPs that would make either a good pairing or not??? (In general terms ofcourse) Example: ENFPs might be good for INTJs, but are INTJs good for ENFPs etc.??
    Get your own thread!

MBTI
    PING

Uh....what???

Doesn't looking at whether INTJs suit ENFPs or INFPs affect whether ENFPs or INFPs are a good match for INTJs????