User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Eh. She did give some accurate information, but included a lot of unnecessary inflammatory language, implications of superficiality being the most offensive. I do explicitly agree with her overall point that INFPs deserve consideration as an ideal mate for INTJs, but as Lady X and Starry have both pointed out, it was the implicit negative value judgments we've taken issue with.
    Fair enough. I think that's just her style... she also could've acknowledged a lot of bad stuff that applies to many INFPs, but she didn't considered relevant at the moment. I think INFPs are the least functional mbti type, but I do believe they tend to form ''deeper'' connections. It's sort of logical: when you are an introvert, you tend to be comfortable with a small number of people in your life. Chances are these connections will be relatively deeper. Which doesn't mean ''ENFPs are shallow'' (obviously).
    Maybe Z summoned us for personal amusement but I find clarification a decent cause anyway. So he's either brilliant, a troll, innocent (doubtful), bored, or genuinely interested. I imagine some mixture of the 5 4.
    Fixed. Now I agree.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, after reading this depressing dollap of crap about how INFPs belong with no one and no one loves INFPs, eff that.

ENFP it is.
    Just to say... i love INFP's!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What about just getting to know a person? I am married to an "INTJ", but that doesn't mean that I'm compatible with all of them. Seriously, I wonder what some of you are thinking (or not) when you respond in depth to such silly posts. MBTI is an indicator, not something you should use to decide whether or not you should date someone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Seriously, can INFPs figure nothing out?? @Tigerlily being married to an INTJ obviously means she should marry EVERY intj.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Anyway, I can see that all as a big problem. INTJs interact with the world via Te, which is a solution-oriented or organization-oriented function. They’re probably not going to be happy with the INFP’s traditional Ne approach: open-ended, playful, wait-and-see, I-want-to-be-courted. If anything, INTJs seem to need to be courted in return: They need the INFP to put on a Te facade and show that they (INFPs) can keep up or at least not be turned off by an organizational, results-oriented approach to the world.

Obviously any two types can get along. But many INFPs are pretty phobic of Te. That’s going to be a big obstacle. So in the end, I can anticipate an interaction pretty much like Zarathustra describes in the quote at the top of this post: That is, the girl is going to feel bruised by a lot of Te energy, and the guy is going to get put off by the lack of clear results.
    I think Fineline made a lot of good points, including the fact that some INFP's prefer to be with T people and others prefer to be with F people. It really depends on the person.

Also, some INTJs are more methodical, less action-oriented. Others aren't. My INTJ SO is very action-oriented. He considers, makes a decision, then executes. So some INTJ-INFP pairings just circle around and remain dead in the water, and some might not.

Anew Leaf

I don't understand half of this thread.

Like, WHY are INFPs "afraid" of INTJs?! You have got to be kidding me. INTJs are deliciously awesome. Ni = mysterious candy allurement like a stranger in a strange van in an even stranger land ringing a siren bell of CANDYYYYYYYYYYYY that you must investigate or you will DIE.... Te = in the hands of a dom or aux is nothing like the obnoxious crazy of tert or inf. They will defend you will cunning amazingness if they like you and you get attacked by some dumb person who doesn't realize you have the universe's equivilant of the "get out of jail free card" standing next to you.... Fi = Not going to demand your emotions off the bat, and wonder why you aren't snuggling with them on date #1. Se = open to new ideas and challenges and stuff.

Anyone who thinks NTJs are scary needs to befriend a few. I loooooooooove interacting with them because they are always surprising and secretly gooey on the inside like me. The most loyal friends of mine have always been INTJs who may not always understand why I am having some emotional breakdown, but are always willing to listen patiently and then help me see solutions. They aren't the types who cheer me off of the cliffs of insanity.

THE END.

P.s.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm voting INFP, because they seem more likely to call the INTJ on their bullshit rather than engage in the unhealthy INTJ-ENFP mutual ass kissing that happens in threads like these.

The INTJ would likely disagree, but trust me, the INTJ will end up a better person going for the harder pairing.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm voting INFP, because they seem more likely to call the INTJ on their bullshit rather than engage in the unhealthy INTJ-ENFP mutual ass kissing that happens in threads like these.

The INTJ would likely disagree, but trust me, the INTJ will end up a better person going for the harder pairing.
    This sounds a lot like my hypothesis on why ESFPs are the better choice for INTJs than ENFPs. In that pairing, Se is the driver for "calling an INTJ on bullshit" (not that I don't think your TP mind is highly tainted regarding this matter), which at least makes some theoretical sense, as it's bringing in elements of the INTJ's blindspot, forcing him to reconcile/balance out whatever high-minded imaginings Ni is coming up with with a fair dose of Se realism (which, if an INTJ is balanced, healthy, and developed, he should be doing independently, anyway). What's the greater enabler of this ability for an INFP? How is dominant Fi better at "calling bullshit" than dominant Se, or auxiliary Se? Frankly, I never really have associated INFPs with the sort of tough-minded realism that would be useful for calling bullshit on an INTJ. I associate them with strong subjective opinions which are often high-minded imaginings in and of themselves, so how would these really be helpful for "calling bullshit", as opposed to simply forcing the INFP's highly subjective Fi cognitive bias on the INTJ?

Everyone else in here keeps on talking about INTJs and their Te-harshness/bluntness/realism. What exactly are you talking about that needs to have bullshit called on?

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I don't understand half of this thread.

Like, WHY are INFPs "afraid" of INTJs?! You have got to be kidding me. INTJs are deliciously awesome. Ni = mysterious candy allurement like a stranger in a strange van in an even stranger land ringing a siren bell of CANDYYYYYYYYYYYY that you must investigate or you will DIE.... Te = in the hands of a dom or aux is nothing like the obnoxious crazy of tert or inf. They will defend you will cunning amazingness if they like you and you get attacked by some dumb person who doesn't realize you have the universe's equivilant of the "get out of jail free card" standing next to you.... Fi = Not going to demand your emotions off the bat, and wonder why you aren't snuggling with them on date #1. Se = open to new ideas and challenges and stuff.

Anyone who thinks NTJs are scary needs to befriend a few. I loooooooooove interacting with them because they are always surprising and secretly gooey on the inside like me. The most loyal friends of mine have always been INTJs who may not always understand why I am having some emotional breakdown, but are always willing to listen patiently and then help me see solutions. They aren't the types who cheer me off of the cliffs of insanity.
    I get you. But some INFPs are really, really sensitive, and some INTJ's tell it like it is in the most brutal way.
    (Disclaimers abound!)

After the first dinner I cooked for my INTJ (spinach lasagna), he dropped his fork in the bowl, stood up and declared 'I don't like it!' and proceeded to make himself a bowl of cereal. Yowch.

Some INTJ's just don't pussyfoot around or consider...feewings.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    I get you. But some INFPs are really, really sensitive, and some INTJ's tell it like it is in the most brutal way.
    (Disclaimers abound!)

After the first dinner I cooked for my INTJ (spinach lasagna), he dropped his fork in the bowl, stood up and declared 'I don't like it!' and proceeded to make himself a bowl of cereal. Yowch.

Some INTJ's just don't pussyfoot around or consider...feewings.
    Is that really an INTJ thing, or just bad table manners?