User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Where has this thread been hiding? (Ahhhh.... I see it was just moved to the NF Forum due to topic "derailment".)

Answer to the OP: Before I dive in and read this thread (which interests me greatly) I have to give my answer to the OP's question: ENFP. Hands down. Not even close. ENFP is totally perfect for INTJs. INFPs are, in general, a terrible idea as an INTJ mate.

OK. Now I'll go back and read the rest of this thread before posting a more complete answer.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Where has this thread been hiding? (Ahhhh.... I see it was just moved to the NF Forum due to topic "derailment".)

Answer to the OP: Before I dive in and read this thread (which interests me greatly) I have to give my answer to the OP's question: ENFP. Hands down. Not even close. ENFP is totally perfect for INTJs. INFPs are, in general, a terrible idea as an INTJ mate.

OK. Now I'll go back and read the rest of this thread before posting a more complete answer.
    Saved for posterity.

Tbh, I have a hard time believing this was not some ruse.

It was just... too perfect.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I would like to apologize for offending the ENFPs. That was not my intention, but my remarks were poorly phrased and not considered enough in their impact. <snip>
    Very gracious. Impressive.

NFPFTW

I love the depth of the INFP. As friends INFPs are somehow amazingly encouraging of what is good. I went snowboarding one depressing weekend because my friend suggested it rather than selfishly asking me to hang out online. I've tried to learn to focus on what is good for other people because of knowing INFPs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    In theory, the INFP is ideal for no one. We are the antithesis of the social ideal (which one? most any one), and therefore not what people imagine when they dream of their hypothetical, perfect match.

Many a thread has been made about what type fits best with what other type; no type ever calls dibs on the INFP. The ENTJs would prefer the INTP, or maybe their true "dual", the ISFP (or something else altogether). The ENFJs too prefer the Ti-dom. The ENFPs just like us as buddies....etc, etc, etc.
    That's untrue. From here:

INFPs and ISTJs generally exhibit a natural predator/prey relationship, which, though it might appear harsh and cruel from the outside, is all part of the natural cycle of life. In fact, were it not for the predation of the ISTJ, the population of INFPs would soon grow to unsustainable levels, overwhelming the ability of their ecological niche to support them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Translation: ISTJs are boring & INFPs are too empathetic to say no sometimes. How ideal!

Many ISTJs would choose the ExFPs as well, though, or even a fellow sensing ISFP or ESFJ. It's no clear win for the INFP there either. Of course, I am speaking of theory. In reality, a good-looking INFP may trump a homely ExFP easily, and that's perhaps when the Te-dom come calling.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

It's cool. Infps have all kinds of good stuff...just might be better to state it without tearing others down in the process. Enfps are vocal and will take issue with it.

Thanks for the clarification n stuff Mia.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Neither
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But do you think it's actually the case?
    Man...I don't know how to answer this question.

All I can say is that I personally prefer INxJ men. It is what I am attracted to and what works best for me. I totally don't relate to this whole *INxJ men fluffy bunny vulnerable bs*. I mean sure...everyone feels vulnerable from time to time...(and whatever you do in your own bedroom is your own bizness). But I actually see INxJ men as forces-to-be-reckoned with. Masculine and brilliant...with INTJ men having the added bonus of me knowing (absolutely) I can totally be myself without accidently hurting their feelings. It is just a really comfortable dynamic for me where I feel like I actually have something to bring to the table (and it's not a whole bunch of the same) and none of that would change if it was somehow *scientifically demonstrated* that the INFP-INTJ dynamic was 'better'.

But everyone is different. I think there are tons of INTJs out there that would prefer INFPs.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No offense, but this was the biggest lop of crap I've read in a long time.
    What about it?

I don't see the problem with Te needing to direct Fi.

Ni being a perceptive function though focused still has the influence of the external world and so as that changes so does Ni and if that changes enough the solidity of the feeling function can't quite grasp it. Fi is too deeply seeded in order to necessarily understand change due to physical standards thus INFP being confused, also why ISFP's can grasp it because there values are changed by the environment consciously as Ni's is subconsciously.

Ne-Ni combinations move too abstractly. I think that makes perfect sense, there is nothing motivating them towards effecting reality.

Se is about action. Immediacy. Two intuitive dominants are not. I suppose you don't always need to form a relationship on the plane of creation, but in its idealistic form thought comes to life.