User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 437

  1. #121
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default


  2. #122
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Easy on Mia, folks. She said things that, on average, make a lot of sense. She just put some ''emphasis'', if you will. Zarathustra's bait worked too well.
    Eh. She did give some accurate information, but included a lot of unnecessary inflammatory language, implications of superficiality being the most offensive. I do explicitly agree with her overall point that INFPs deserve consideration as an ideal mate for INTJs, but as @Lady X and @Starry have both pointed out, it was the implicit negative value judgments we've taken issue with.

    Maybe Z summoned us for personal amusement but I find clarification a decent cause anyway. So he's either brilliant, a troll, innocent (doubtful), bored, or genuinely interested. I imagine some mixture of the 5.


    Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    she issued a series of generalizations others found offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Was there any truth to her generalizations?

    Cuz, frankly, I could give a damn about offensiveness.
    Yes. There was. But only in terms of behaviors - her interpretation of intentions was totally off. That's the reason I wrote so much... because I think humans overall - especially INFPs and ENFPs - have pretty similar goals, just different means of pursuing them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think, at this point, it would be best if I ventured @skylights' epic mountain of a post, and came back with thoughts...

  3. #123
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yes. There was. But only in terms of behaviors - her interpretation of intentions was totally off.
    Would you mind expanding on this?

    What ENFP behaviors did she mention that were accurate?

    And what about her interpretations of ENFPs' intentions was totally off?

    ETA: or wait, is this the point where I should go and read your mammoth of a post?


  4. #124
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    In theory, the INFP is ideal for no one. We are the antithesis of the social ideal (which one? most any one), and therefore not what people imagine when they dream of their hypothetical, perfect match.

    Many a thread has been made about what type fits best with what other type; no type ever calls dibs on the INFP. The ENTJs would prefer the INTP, or maybe their true "dual", the ISFP (or something else altogether). The ENFJs too prefer the Ti-dom. The ENFPs just like us as buddies....etc, etc, etc.

    I specifically recall one thread from years ago concerning which pairing was best for the ENTJ or ENTP - the INFP or INFJ. In general, the INFJ was fought over; no one wants to be "stuck" with the INFP.

    I recently recall even @Mia. saying her own husband admits to liking the sound of the ESFP personality better than the INFP (ouch!).

    In contrast, there are a few surveys/studies out there about which female types are considered "ideal" or most attractive, and ENFP is often top two. The Fi-doms are usually the bottom for the Feeling women. So, of course the ENFP is more ideal for the INTJ, and more ideal, period.

    Hey, I don't want to date an INFP either.

    Cue a song from The Smiths now please. Anyone will do.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes lulabelle liked this post

  5. #125
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    It's hard to explain what goes on in our heads so it's just easier to put up with this stuff.
    I'm sorry that my personal experience that you had nothing to do with and which I expressly tried not to generalize to all ENFPs is so difficult to explain and/or put up with. Life must be hard taking on that kind of responsibility.

  6. #126
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    In theory, the INFP is ideal for no one. We are the antithesis of the social ideal (which one? most any one), and therefore not what people imagine when they dream of their hypothetical, perfect match.

    Many a thread has been made about what type fits best with what other type; no type ever calls dibs on the INFP. The ENTJs would prefer the INTP, or maybe their true "dual", the ISFP (or something else altogether). The ENFJs too prefer the Ti-dom. The ENFPs just like us as buddies....etc, etc, etc.

    I specifically recall one thread from years ago concerning which pairing was best for the ENTJ or ENTP - the INFP or INFJ. In general, the INFJ was fought over; no one wants to be "stuck" with the INFP.

    I recently recall even @Mia. saying her own husband admits to liking the sound of the ESFP personality better than the INFP (ouch!).

    In contrast, there are a few surveys/studies out there about which female types are considered "ideal" or most attractive, and ENFP is often top two. The Fi-doms are usually the bottom for the Feeling women. So, of course the ENFP is more ideal for the INTJ, and more ideal, period.

    Hey, I don't want to date an INFP either.

    Cue a song from The Smiths now please. Anyone will do.
    So emo.

    More or less agree with this.

  7. #127
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    ^ I'm calling sp dom on that post

    EDIT: ^^^ I call sp-dom on both your posts!

  8. #128
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I'm sorry that my personal experience that you had nothing to do with and which I expressly tried not to generalize to all ENFPs is so difficult to explain and/or put up with. Life must be hard taking on that kind of responsibility.
    You did say you had limited experience but I was using it as an example. It is hard to live with it!!


    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    In theory, the INFP is ideal for no one. We are the antithesis of the social ideal (which one? most any one), and therefore not what people imagine when they dream of their hypothetical, perfect match.e usually the bottom for the Feeling women.
    I thought infps preferred infps.

    My friend started a whole thread on here on how he (INFP) wasn't right for any type.

  9. #129
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I thought infps preferred infps.

    My friend started a whole thread on here on how he (INFP) wasn't right for any type.
    No, I don't think INFPs prefer INFPs. Some may say that, but I wouldn't call that a rule. I personally don't envision an INFP as my ideal either, so I can't blame anyone else for not doing so.

    As a side note, I think gender makes a difference. You see female INTJs & male INFPs paired far more often when that pairing does occur.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  10. #130
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    You did say you had limited experience but I was using it as an example. It is hard to live with it!!
    Why generalize from one isolated example with explicit qualifications when there are better targets to pick and use?

Similar Threads

  1. Which are better athletes, thinkers or feelers?
    By greenfairy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 09:55 PM
  2. Which are better athletes, thinkers or feelers?
    By Randomnity in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP or INFP?
    By raybeijo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
  4. ENFP or INFP? Heeeeelp, please!
    By cfs1992 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
  5. Is my brother ENFP or INFP?
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO