User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is it possible that a mod threadsplits this thing, starting with post 83?

We really hijacked this poor dude's thread.

A good title would be "ENFPs or INFPs: Which are better for INTJs?"

@Red Herring @Patches @highlander @CuriousFeeling @Vasilisa

Banned

The off topic thread would seem to be on fire.

MBTI
    INTJ

...wtf is wrong with you people? Lol. I don't even want to share what ended up happening with you guys (other than the ones I've PMed) because of the sheer amount of jackassery that has transpired in this thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJguy123 View Post
    ...wtf is wrong with you people? Lol. I don't even want to share what ended up happening with you guys (other than the ones I've PMed) because of the sheer amount of jackassery that has transpired in this thread
    Bored maybe?

You should share, I'm curious, I've dated an INFP and I've been besties with INTJs.

Banned

They way you use plural in that sentence indicates that you lack knowledge in the English language.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

It's getting threadsplit.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What I'm not understanding about this thread is this: What the hell's going on in general.

Are we attempting to *prove* INFPs are better for INTJs than ENFPs? And in order to do that...we (the INFPs) can't just state our reasons and highlight the secret *sign the contract and then I'll show you the magic* thing... But we also need tear-down the ENFPs in the process??? What?

As far as I know...I've never seen an ENFP do this in reverse...in this thread...or anywhere else for that matter. Yah...I'm not...

Edit: As an ENFP...I'm totally cool if INFPs are 'better' for INTJs.
    I know right? Like I give a fu@k I just take issue with all this arrogant infp boasting. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Alassea liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I know right? Like I give a fu@k

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I almost always know what I am thinking and feeling, I just sometimes have trouble conveying it in a satisfying way, especially if I am concerned about the other person’s possible reaction or being misunderstood.
    I agree; I definitely know my own mind & heart. I'm even decent at picking up on other people's feelings...usually. Attraction can kind of throw a wrench into this. I worry wishful thinking will get in the way. I honestly worry I will allow fantasy to tamper with my interpretation of reality. So I tend to question signals from people I'm attracted to, unless they are very clear.

And yes, the OP seems to have made his intentions very clear, and so I think it boils down to disinterest from the INFP, or maybe not being emotionally ready for a relationship & recoiling when faced with the possibility of one (despite genuine attraction). In any case, I think the typical INFP who was interested would've given a much clearer response to a direct invitation. Whatever excessive humility, oblivousness, doubts, awkwardness, etc, may come into play, at a certain point you either really like someone or you don't & you act accordingly, especially when they've made their interest known (this is why I still think some of these INTJs in my past were not so smitten as they later claimed; why the vagueness & half-hearted attempts to get together then?).

----

And the ENFP vs INFP thing going on here is sort of bizarre. I don't see any reason to pit the types against each other. While there can be a similarity in thinking (most evident online to me, where I'm surprised at how much similarity there is), they tend to have VERY different demeanors. The OP stated he was NOT interested in the ENFP romantically, so it's not a matter of which is better for him. What type is best for your type in theory means little when you're attracted to a living, breathing person of another type who just might like you too. The OP is unlikely to swicth his interest based on theory. This a matter of whether the INFP likes him or not, or if he can turn a mild interest into more. The ENFP in question went out of the picture pages ago...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned

Addressing the way that I've experienced INFP & ENFP women in the context. I've basically come up a draw when considering partner material. I consider the NFP preference really attractive in general, and the E cancels out the I in the sense that I both find security in being bailed out and sticking my head into their tits for comfort in a hidden away place. That's as far as typology goes on the subject for me.