User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Fe'd out

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think among Ni-dom Fe-aux or Fe-dom Ni-aux dealing with people at workplace can be such an unbearable pain. Working in a customer-servicing industry won't going to help you either because it doesn't manifest Fe-harmony. Perhaps it's much of a lesser challenge among Ne-Fe folks.

Generally for me, it really depends on my mental burden. If work is not too overwhelming, I tend to be able to get passed that. Though for INFJs, I think getting Fe'd out isn't a bad idea as your brain or physical body is urging you to take a break or a retreat. I would just take it as a sign for pampering myself by planning for a vacation or weekend getaway just to get recharged.

Silkroad you always seem so sweet and caring- sorry you are feeling peopled out.

I canbt speak for the Fe side, but people drive me bonkers so I totally get Fi'ed out.

However my ISFJ friend tells me funny stories about how every now and then she gets crazy road rage and starts yelling at other drivers and even trying to throw things and it totally suprised by her own resentment and anger that just wells up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Other Fe aux/dom feel like this sometimes? I would hazard a guess that perhaps it's more common for INFJ and ISFJ. Fe users but not the dominant function, and introverts.

Just, well, tired of being Fe polite and present and engaged with others so much of the time. My life requires me to do this a lot, and generally I'm ok with this. But sometimes I not only want to crawl into a hole and sleep, I want to be rude or abrupt with others (and I fear it happens a little more often than it used to, mostly in situations where I receive bad customer service and that sort of thing...) Or wanting to lash back, sometimes...

I wonder if in my case, the wanting to (and very rarely, doing it) lash back at others has to do with the 6 enneagram and my counterphobic side coming out (though I'm mainly phobic.)

Thoughts? How do you cope with this if you suffer from it? Just take a bit of time away? That's so hard to do sometimes

EDIT: Btw, I also refer to this as being "people-tired" or "peopled out".

My ENFJ gets like this occasionally. I'm not saying I will ever understand the guilt or issues he sometimes has enforcing boundaries when he need them, but, I'm happy to be the doorman/bouncer when the need arises.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I find when I have that "Fe'd out" feeling - although I may genuinely be wanting to reach and connect with the other person/people, and I'm being charming and chatty but not for any fake purpose or hidden agenda - I get to a point where it feels like the smile is going to crack and fall off my face.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You know what though - I think there are a lot of times when being unpleasant, or even just absenting yourself and not making the effort, would take just as much energy if not more than being pleasant - with worse results.

(Not that vanishing isn't sometimes necessary when you're something like an INFJ.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING