User Tag List

123 Last

Default sp/sx ENFPs: Wierdos? :)

I recently began working with a new company in which they give verious sorts of screening tests to all applicants. The result is about 70% ENFPs.

The increased concentration allows for a lot of fun observation of how many shades of neurotic enfps can really be under stress, but I also have had a chance to observe the much more Te sided ENFPs. I suspect these guys are sp/sx as the so/sx enfps have a VERY different feel to them (sorta like cuddly.honest, used car salesmen).

Things I notice:

1. Very poor social skills at times-totally oblivious about ettiquette-Fe blind. Thy will vary from being very silent and watching and then just blurt out inapproiate things. Then they turn on the silly switch and can become very goofy and silly, sweet.

2. Hyperanalytical, watching everything, tendency to fixate on certain types of information

3. Obsessed with patterns

4. Rude, excessively blurt, tend to stutter on words.

5. They look and act like STJs most of the time, but really strange goofy ones.

Have you guys seen these folks around?

I know exactly what you're saying unfortunately. From where I'm coming from, this folks are like unintentional psychopaths.

1 and 4 I think it would be better for them and everyone around to be quiet and not say anything. I don't know what's going on in their heads when they say such things. They shock everyone. I wish it was funny or logical like it is sometimes to them but it's just VERY akward. It's above brutal honesty, almost like complete lack of social intelligence. It's like watching grown ups acting like nuts but in a totaly bad way. I feel embaressed for them. They can hurt others feelings and be oblivious about it. But the switch you're talking about is what makes them hard not to love.

2 and 3 yes and sounds like OCD. Maybe they're trying to escape from what is going on inside them, like what's been said in 1 and 4

5 they're looking like ST, I'd compare them with ISTP perhaps, could be because of focusing on patterns and appearing distant and cold yet possibly cuddly inside if you're willing to stay long enough.

Obviously I find it hard to be around them and avoid them eventhough I know they are not bad people just immature on a whole new level. A lot of people do this to them which it understandable as they can pretty easily make you hate them. But I don't think they deserve it.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I am not sure whether I've encountered this kind of ENFP but... 70% ENFPs, really?! I didn't quite understand, do you mean these are applicants to work with the company, or...? In any case, given that ENFP isn't a terribly common type in the world's population generally, this seems like an awfully high percentage.

(Sorry this is kind of OT but I had to ask. )
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I am not sure whether I've encountered this kind of ENFP but... 70% ENFPs, really?! I didn't quite understand, do you mean these are applicants to work with the company, or...? In any case, given that ENFP isn't a terribly common type in the world's population generally, this seems like an awfully high percentage.

(Sorry this is kind of OT but I had to ask. )
    I was going to ask the same thing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think that @Elfboy fits your description to a T.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yeah I wonder if they're really all ENFP's. I'm guessing that there's at least a few ENTP's snuggled in there.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Yeah I wonder if they're really all ENFP's. I'm guessing that there's at least a few ENTP's snuggled in there.
    Maybe, but ENTPs aren't all that common either, supposedly. Seems like an awful lot of ENxPs!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Maybe, but ENTPs aren't all that common either, supposedly. Seems like an awful lot of ENxPs!
    I didn't even comment, I was just going on that type of people in general. Of course, we don't know what test they've taken, we haven't seen the exact results, and surely they're largly mistyped due to all sorts of resons. Let me just say one of my such neurotic collegues came out as ISTP, another time as INTJ, then INFP, INFJ, INTP, ENFP. So go figure what type she is.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong but I seriously doubt they're mistyped T with F. More on it, I've never heard ENTPs acting like that and it simply doesn't make sense with ENTP. Animenagai why do you think so? I am ENTP but I'm not making this personal really.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Because it can be difficult figuring out if it's really Ne Te you see or Ne Ti. It's certainly unlikely that 70% of your applicants are unhealthy ENFP's with Ne Te loops. It just seems statistically improbable.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I think that @Elfboy fits your description to a T.
    who's description?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire