• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] sp/sx ENFPs: Wierdos? :)

sculpting

I recently began working with a new company in which they give verious sorts of screening tests to all applicants. The result is about 70% ENFPs.

The increased concentration allows for a lot of fun observation of how many shades of neurotic enfps can really be under stress, but I also have had a chance to observe the much more Te sided ENFPs. I suspect these guys are sp/sx as the so/sx enfps have a VERY different feel to them (sorta like cuddly.honest, used car salesmen).

Things I notice:

1. Very poor social skills at times-totally oblivious about ettiquette-Fe blind. Thy will vary from being very silent and watching and then just blurt out inapproiate things. Then they turn on the silly switch and can become very goofy and silly, sweet.

2. Hyperanalytical, watching everything, tendency to fixate on certain types of information

3. Obsessed with patterns

4. Rude, excessively blurt, tend to stutter on words.

5. They look and act like STJs most of the time, but really strange goofy ones.

Have you guys seen these folks around?

lost

I know exactly what you're saying unfortunately. From where I'm coming from, this folks are like unintentional psychopaths.

1 and 4 I think it would be better for them and everyone around to be quiet and not say anything. I don't know what's going on in their heads when they say such things. They shock everyone. I wish it was funny or logical like it is sometimes to them but it's just VERY akward. It's above brutal honesty, almost like complete lack of social intelligence. It's like watching grown ups acting like nuts but in a totaly bad way. I feel embaressed for them. They can hurt others feelings and be oblivious about it. But the switch you're talking about is what makes them hard not to love.

2 and 3 yes and sounds like OCD. Maybe they're trying to escape from what is going on inside them, like what's been said in 1 and 4

5 they're looking like ST, I'd compare them with ISTP perhaps, could be because of focusing on patterns and appearing distant and cold yet possibly cuddly inside if you're willing to stay long enough.

Obviously I find it hard to be around them and avoid them eventhough I know they are not bad people just immature on a whole new level. A lot of people do this to them which it understandable as they can pretty easily make you hate them. But I don't think they deserve it.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not sure whether I've encountered this kind of ENFP but... 70% ENFPs, really?! I didn't quite understand, do you mean these are applicants to work with the company, or...? In any case, given that ENFP isn't a terribly common type in the world's population generally, this seems like an awfully high percentage.

(Sorry this is kind of OT but I had to ask. :D )

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not sure whether I've encountered this kind of ENFP but... 70% ENFPs, really?! I didn't quite understand, do you mean these are applicants to work with the company, or...? In any case, given that ENFP isn't a terribly common type in the world's population generally, this seems like an awfully high percentage.

I was going to ask the same thing. :mellow:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] fits your description to a T.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I wonder if they're really all ENFP's. I'm guessing that there's at least a few ENTP's snuggled in there.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I wonder if they're really all ENFP's. I'm guessing that there's at least a few ENTP's snuggled in there.

Maybe, but ENTPs aren't all that common either, supposedly. Seems like an awful lot of ENxPs!

lost

Maybe, but ENTPs aren't all that common either, supposedly. Seems like an awful lot of ENxPs!

I didn't even comment, I was just going on that type of people in general. Of course, we don't know what test they've taken, we haven't seen the exact results, and surely they're largly mistyped due to all sorts of resons. Let me just say one of my such neurotic collegues came out as ISTP, another time as INTJ, then INFP, INFJ, INTP, ENFP. So go figure what type she is.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I seriously doubt they're mistyped T with F. More on it, I've never heard ENTPs acting like that and it simply doesn't make sense with ENTP. Animenagai why do you think so? I am ENTP but I'm not making this personal really.:D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Because it can be difficult figuring out if it's really Ne Te you see or Ne Ti. It's certainly unlikely that 70% of your applicants are unhealthy ENFP's with Ne Te loops. It just seems statistically improbable.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
you're right

I recently began working with a new company in which they give verious sorts of screening tests to all applicants. The result is about 70% ENFPs.

The increased concentration allows for a lot of fun observation of how many shades of neurotic enfps can really be under stress, but I also have had a chance to observe the much more Te sided ENFPs. I suspect these guys are sp/sx as the so/sx enfps have a VERY different feel to them (sorta like cuddly.honest, used car salesmen).

Things I notice:

1. Very poor social skills at times-totally oblivious about ettiquette-Fe blind. Thy will vary from being very silent and watching and then just blurt out inapproiate things. Then they turn on the silly switch and can become very goofy and silly, sweet.

2. Hyperanalytical, watching everything, tendency to fixate on certain types of information

3. Obsessed with patterns

4. Rude, excessively blurt, tend to stutter on words.

5. They look and act like STJs most of the time, but really strange goofy ones.

Have you guys seen these folks around?

you called?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

lol, I told you.

Also I think another good example of one of these Ne<Te ENFP's would be "Bill Cosby".

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I've always seen Bill Cosby is an ESFJ.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
With the exception of stuttering, this just sounds like ENFP's in Ne-Te loops. I'm in a bit of this funk now, so threads like "How to use Te without being a jerk" are really interesting to me. But to say that there are ENFP's that just are this way, like permanently.. I'm not sure if I agree with that. People in Ne-Te loops do look a bit weird though.
So do ENFP's with good access to all functions, lol.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Orobas, do you have any thoughts on why there would be such a clusterf*ck of unhealthy ENFPs in your workplace? (I'd love to know what kind of HR / Psych screening test is skewing the results to uber ENFPness.)

Starry

Orobas still hasn't returned :( Man...I've been keeping my eye on this thread because I so want to learn more about this! While I do think I'm an ENFP weirdo...that is neurotic...I don't think I'm one of these NeTe varieties as I don't see myself in the descriptive list presented in the OP. But like I said...I still want to learn more. This sounds like a crazy workplace!

sculpting

I was going to ask the same thing. :mellow:

Because it can be difficult figuring out if it's really Ne Te you see or Ne Ti. It's certainly unlikely that 70% of your applicants are unhealthy ENFP's with Ne Te loops. It just seems statistically improbable.

Every applicant is prescreened with an abstract IQ test, pattern recognition test and then a personality screening test of unknown categorization-to assess for values. Only after poassing that do they get an interview. Certain positions seem to have particular attriutes of intorversion/extroversion that are being sought out as well. I spoke mistakenly-for dev roles it is a mix of INTJs, INTPs, then INFPs. For everything else, it is about 70% ENFPs.

I'd say the ENFPs are a split across a couple of different sub-types..maybe 20% NeTe sp/sx, 10% NeFiTe so/sx and 60% NeFiTe sx/so.

sculpting

I'm not saying you're wrong but I seriously doubt they're mistyped T with F. More on it, I've never heard ENTPs acting like that and it simply doesn't make sense with ENTP. Animenagai why do you think so? I am ENTP but I'm not making this personal really.:D

I agree these folks are totally not entps. An entp can be piercing, but typically they are very deliberate when they do so (ignoring inadvertant debating when younger) and not overtly blunt and blundering in thier speech.

I have always felt that Somatic Narcissism aligns very nicely with SeFeTi and Cerebral Narcissism aligns very nicely with NeFeTi. Having spent a great deal of time studying a particular entp man who was NeFeTi, it strikes me that it was not simply a choice for him to "not be self-centered". His entire mindset was altered and in his mind his worldview seemed very reasonable.