User Tag List

123 Last

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default Tips from INFPs for INTJs

All of you INFPs, what tips would you give INTJs who are wanting to be closer to you? Also if any NFs want to give any tips that would be nice as well. Go ahead and be honest, even if it might be brutal.
    I love INFPs
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

be prepared for some innane emotionality... be prepared for some things to not make sense... be prepared for the things that don't make sense to have crappy explanations... beware of the ones who haven't repaired themselves yet... try not to have a core overload when a healthy one ends up loving you...

edit: oh squishy hug bunny and stubborn mule go hand in hand, it ain't rational.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

The thing I most dislike about INFPs is that I will state a neutral observation, and it will be taken as a direct insult. But I was looking for more like... what things would someone do to get closer to you and understand you? Your tips were good though, thanks.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    The thing I most dislike about INFPs is that I will state a neutral observation, and it will be taken as a direct insult. But I was looking for more like... what things would someone do to get closer to you and understand you? Your tips were good though, thanks.
    Listening is good for getting close to an INFP also, compliments (but only if you actually mean it, empty compliments=badbadbad)
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Listening is good for getting close to an INFP also, compliments (but only if you actually mean it, empty compliments=badbadbad)
    I certainly listen but I suck with tuning into people. It is hard for me to tell which emotions she is feeling.

The INFP of my interest knows that I have a crush on them, and I fear any compliments I make might be taken as a hit on or a flirt. You see I told this person I like them, however now I only want to be close friends. But I think they still see me and think I am trying to get close because I want to go out. Thus any compliments I make, I fear, would be taken as hit ons, or ways to get them to go out with me, which is entirely not what I want... ugh.
    - Albert Einstein

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

In any context, everyone loves getting a sincere compliment, even when they think they don't.

Also, it is fine if you cannot tune into how she is feeling, most guys lack the ability to do this.

Why do you only want to be close friends? For your own benefit, I hope you aren't sending this girl mixed signals.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually find our own quests to be understood are foolish; most of us don't have the vocabulary to begin with and 50% of our thought symbols need to be almost experienced or taken on faith. You have to be patient enough to ride out the bumps and they have to be patient enough to let you learn((health*maturity)/10 = patience, or something like that). Another pain is the lines, half the time we don't know the line is there till it's crossed. It's best to note the specifics of it for furture reference while the INFP has to work out how realistic the need to freak out about it is.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    type

you want to be closer to her, you have a crush on her, yet you only want to be 'close friends' and not be seen as hitting on her.

what gives? something sounds like mixed signals to me.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    In any context, everyone loves getting a sincere compliment, even when they think they don't.

Also, it is fine if you cannot tune into how she is feeling, most men lack the ability to do this.

Why do you only want to be close friends? For your own benefit, I hope you aren't sending this girl mixed signals.
    I want to be close friends because I can sort of feel how great of a person she is, if that makes sense... She also makes me feel normal, not like a freak that I know I am. The type of person which seems like they would make a good close friend, the type of person I sort of have an absence of in my life.

Besides our educational tracks differ and a partnership would not work out in the coming years. She is a freshmen, 15, high school, and I am a junior, 16, high school, however, I am also in college as a freshmen, and I won't be going to high school next year, just college.
    - Albert Einstein

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

As the famous quote from wherever/whoever... "Assume makes an ass out of u and me"... Try not to assume you know what the other person is feeling or what they meant when they said something. This goes for both side of the party. Always ask... it stops misunderstanding from blowing up.

Edit:

*blinks* A single year difference in age... a difference in place of schooling affects that much? Oh the joys of being in high school...