User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Heh, okay sorry about that. I missed your irony. I'll turn the floor over to the mature INFPs and probably a lot more BW.
    Also, I did not mean to say that the INFP's that are here are not mature; please don't think that's what I meant! I was just hoping that some additional INFP's would join the conversation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Jesus, BlueWing, the "unrational" feeling that I get from your posts is that you're a pompous prick. Now, I can sit here and wade through all that shit you posted about us and attempt to convey my disgust with your "logic" through my own, that action itself being illogical, or I could simply tell you that feelings aren't something you can just quantify and catagorize. Who cares if its logical or not? In my opinion, logic is overrated.
    Woo-hoo!!

MBTI
    INFP

Hee. Look like BW had a good fishing run there.

Filled up a few lonely hours, I imagine.

Suggestion to Tees: avoid talking in absolutes such as everybody, nobody, always, never. This makes a person sound unobservant and irrational. (I might add that it sounds to this reader also like something emotional - eekers! - might be going on.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Shhh! Don't wake the baby into another tantrum.

MBTI
    INFP

What if "they" gave a tantrum and nobody came?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    You don't really know who you are unless you analyze yourself. Older INFPs know themselves better than the younger, but far from well as their reasoning skills are poor still, unless of course they happen to be exceptional people. It takes a lot of effort to be good at things that we have little natural talent towards.

Generally INFPs have poor analytical skills and therefore do not know themselves.

Even when we are healthy , we still struggle with the use of our inferior function. Normal INFPs have exactly the problems I have described, the unhealthy ones have it even worse. The deal with the normal INFPs is that they have some kind of rationality to them and self-control (so able to use Thinking to some degree), though not a lot. So people just take it easy on them and try to affirm their values as much as possible, in effect the INFP's irrationality and lack of Thinking skills do not manifest easily. People generally are forced to confront only the unhealthy INFPs because they act out on their vulgar and irrational passions. We know how 'out there' those folks are. Yet we do not see the chaos going on in the mind of a healthy INFP because we rarely place them in the position where they show their true colors.
    I usually lurk but I felt compelled to write. I think blue wing's descriptions are pretty damn accurate. I was in a 3 year relationship with an infp. This isn't to be mean or say that infps are inferior... I've seen that chaos in a healthier infp (it exists) and its not pretty but no ones perfect.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing
    Yet we do not see the chaos going on in the mind of a healthy INFP because we rarely place them in the position where they show their true colors.
    Oh.. and what kind of position would that be? Perhaps where the other person is a moody, selfish, communicatively-challenged, toxic asshole?

You're leaving out that part.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Hee. Look like BW had a good fishing run there.

Filled up a few lonely hours, I imagine.

Suggestion to Tees: avoid talking in absolutes such as everybody, nobody, always, never. This makes a person sound unobservant and irrational. (I might add that it sounds to this reader also like something emotional - eekers! - might be going on.)
    Ts dont get lonely. They enjoy emotional affirmation from others but do not need it to be sound. ETs, experience something akin to loneliness when they spend a lot of time alone, they get restless, but this is rectified not through spending time with people, but through impersonal interaction with the world.

But thank you for your concern!

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Oh.. and what kind of position would that be? Perhaps where the other person is a moody, selfish, communicatively-challenged, toxic asshole?

You're leaving out that part.

This is a general INFP state, in other words, under all circumstances. Under the circumstances you mentioned it goes from bad to worse, but it is never better than 'bad'.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Bluewing, wouldn't the "cut finger" example be more indicative of attunement to the Extraverted Sensing function in the MBTI model?

Despite sharing a common basis (and, often, names) with those of MBTI, the terms you use in supporting your argument seem to be idiosyncratic.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Ts dont get lonely. ...
    Actually, I have taken part in more than one thread where the NTs confessed they frequently felt a deep sense of loneliness.