User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Jesus, BlueWing, the "unrational" feeling that I get from your posts is that you're a pompous prick. Now, I can sit here and wade through all that shit you posted about us and attempt to convey my disgust with your "logic" through my own, that action itself being illogical, or I could simply tell you that feelings aren't something you can just quantify and catagorize. Who cares if its logical or not? In my opinion, logic is overrated.

@OP Why rationalize when you can love? :grin I've been down that same road (personalities reversed), and even though I thought I had convinced myself I no longer held those feelings for her, I couldn't help but remain attracted to her for a very long time. So just go for it. What do you have to lose? Besides, if she's not feeling it, she'll let you know (through very subtle hints), and it really won't make much difference.
    Yeah why rationalize things? If you feel there is a huge ass spider in your bed waiting to murder you, let it be. Who cares if its real or not. Just believe it.

If you think your neighbor is a pederast and a serial murderer, hey, just trust the feel, avoid that guy, it doesnt really matter what he is, only what you feel he is.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ArtlessFuture View Post
    Maybe if they are 15 and haven't figured out who they are yet. .
    You don't really know who you are unless you analyze yourself. Older INFPs know themselves better than the younger, but far from well as their reasoning skills are poor still, unless of course they happen to be exceptional people. It takes a lot of effort to be good at things that we have little natural talent towards.

Generally INFPs have poor analytical skills and therefore do not know themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtlessFuture View Post
    What you are referring to is clearly an emotionally unhealthy INFP. This behavior occurs when Fi begins to dominate and extroverted intuition serves it. We can no longer take in things objectively, and then begin to do the things you describe above. This is not normal INFP behavior.
    Even when we are healthy , we still struggle with the use of our inferior function. Normal INFPs have exactly the problems I have described, the unhealthy ones have it even worse. The deal with the normal INFPs is that they have some kind of rationality to them and self-control (so able to use Thinking to some degree), though not a lot. So people just take it easy on them and try to affirm their values as much as possible, in effect the INFP's irrationality and lack of Thinking skills do not manifest easily. People generally are forced to confront only the unhealthy INFPs because they act out on their vulgar and irrational passions. We know how 'out there' those folks are. Yet we do not see the chaos going on in the mind of a healthy INFP because we rarely place them in the position where they show their true colors.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    STUF

Why does thinking equate to reasoning?
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Why does thinking equate to reasoning?
    That is the definition of Thinking. thinking definition |Dictionary.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Bluewing, could you clarify how you define "Thinking" and "Feeling", respectively? (I ask of interest, not to be glib.)

MBTI
    INTJ

As much as i've enjoyed reading a bunch of INTP comments, I think we scared off the INFP's.

Can we get back to the original request of tips for INTJ's from INFP's? I realize this in itself is a tough question because INFP's do not like to criticize. But maybe instead of INTP's and INTJ's coming back and criticizing the criticism, we could get some real and useful discussion going and learn something from each other?

I promise not to "attack" any INFP's if they will share their honest opinions about their experiences with INTJ's and their "tips" from experience.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyGood View Post
    As much as i've enjoyed reading a bunch of INTP comments, I think we scared off the INFP's.

Can we get back to the original request of tips for INTJ's from INFP's? I realize this in itself is a tough question because INFP's do not like to criticize. But maybe instead of INTP's and INTJ's coming back and criticizing the criticism, we could get some real and useful discussion going and learn something from each other?

I promise not to "attack" any INFP's if they will share their honest opinions about their experiences with INTJ's and their "tips" from experience.
    Honestly, if you enjoyed reading certain INTP comments (yeah, I'm talking about you, BW) then you probably want to avoid INFPs - for your sake and theirs.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think some clarification may be required. What I meant by saying that I enjoyed INTP comments was that I did not enjoy it. I was being sarcastic. I realize that this probably came across the wrong way. What i really meant was that since this is a topic between INTJ and INFP the INTP's should stay out

I truly value an open forum like this and absolutely hope that some mature INFP's will speak up and share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Bluewing, could you clarify how you define "Thinking" and "Feeling", respectively? (I ask of interest, not to be glib.)
    Thinking-Faculty of impersonal decision making.
    Feeling-Faculty of conscious processing of emotion.

To expound on this, Thinking strives to make judgments based on impersonal criteria. The only way to do so is to think logically. Hence, Thinking and logical reasoning are interchangeable.

Feeling and Thinking are not commensurable. Because when we make a conscious decision, we necessarily engage in a process of reasoning. (For instance, whenever someone makes a decision of any kind, we will find a formula reminiscent to this in their thought, if A then B)

Thus, all conscious decision making is necessarily a product of thinking.

When Feeling predominantes, the logical reasoning is distorted in favor of affirmation of the prevalent sentiments within the psyche of the individual. Thus, unlike a Thinker, when a Feeler reasons, they do not follow the objective laws of reasoning, but distort such laws in order to give affirmation to their Feelings.

At the bottom, it is the Thinking that is making decisions. However, because Feeling plays such a significant role in the way the Feeler reasons (or uses the Thinking function) it appears that Feeling in itself is a decision making function. Yet in essence Feeling is a cognitive faculty of ours that simply brings our instinctual reactions (or emotions) to the attention of our conscious mind. For example, when we cut ourselves, it is Feeling that informs us clearly of what exactly has happened to us. Without a sound use of Feeling, those instinctual reactions would remain in the unconscious. (An interesting fact to correspond with this is that little girls cry more easily when cut than little boys, although both experience the same emotional reaction. The difference between the two is that the former is clearly informed of such an emotional reaction, whilst the latter is much less aware. I choose the little boy/girl example because the faculties that we are in closest natural attunement are most notable in early age as at that point we do not have time nor the sufficient resources to cultivate the faculties that we are less comfortable with.)

Thus, for the sake of further clarity, I reiterate my definitions. The above explains why I have defined my terms in such a fashion and the possible confusions that may have led others to provide different definitions.

Thinking-Faculty of impersonal conscious scrutiny.
    Feeling-Faculty of conscious processing of emotion.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyGood View Post
    I think some clarification may be required. What I meant by saying that I enjoyed INTP comments was that I did not enjoy it. I was being sarcastic. I realize that this probably came across the wrong way. What i really meant was that since this is a topic between INTJ and INFP the INTP's should stay out

I truly value an open forum like this and absolutely hope that some mature INFP's will speak up and share.
    Heh, okay sorry about that. I missed your irony. I'll turn the floor over to the mature INFPs and probably a lot more BW.