• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ's Offended by Rejection of Help?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi...something I noticed about my father the other day, who was typed as an ENFJ (he and I--an INFJ--are quite often on similar wavelengths about things).

In a nutshell, my dad is easily offended when others reject his offers to help. It doesn't matter HOW politely they reject it, but he always seems bewildered and upset when they reject his help (maybe because some introverts might find their task easier without having to factor in another person). He also does the same when we try to offer to help HIM, and seems to express his difficulties as if he has some sort of martyr complex or something.

Is this something other ENFJs do/feel?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds more like enneagram 2. Might want to look that up.