User Tag List

First 456

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    LOL is this your little attempt at provocation/"revenge" (as you so eloquently put in your user title)?
    - passive aggression
    - feeling provoked by blunt, impersonal statements and reacting with ad hominem (thinking I was "dishing it out")
    - insertion of false motives/mild gas lighting ("playing the victim", "dishing it out" etc)
    @Bold: No, it's a song I like and got into my head this week thanks to an episode of a TV show. Reading too much into something, See: Jumping to Conclusions/ Making Mountains out of Molehills.

Do you even know what "ad hominem" means? Let me help you:

ad ho·mi·nem
       [ad hom-uh-nuhm ‐nem, ahd-] Show IPA
    adjective
    appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
    attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.
    At the first definition, you should probably read your drunken OP again:

Common (...ahem, BS) Myths about ENFPs

1) ENFPs where their emotions on their sleeves

2) ENFPs are social butterflies who have trouble maintaining long term friendships

3) ENFPs care about what other people think about them

4) ENFPs are sluts/philanderers/"fast"

5) ENFPs love everyone

6) ENFPs are gutless, butterfly chasing weaklings
    PUH-LEEZ
    you really want to witness the true power of an ENFP? put a child or one of our friends in danger. you WILL feel the wrath of the mighty tempest that is Fi as it cascades merciless judgement upon thee! ENFPs are knights of justice and defenders of the weak and innocent and, if pushed, will give any ENTJ a run for their money.

Edit: I've taken down the descriptions, except for number 6, which I believe is true of all ENFPs.

now, for some more

7) ENFPs are always happy

8) ENFPs have difficulty with keeping their emotions out of the way when a logical decision needs to be made
    hun, you couldn't provoke a starving pit bull. the most you've made me feel of anything in this thread is moderate annoyance. normally I encourage INFPs to use more Te, but it just isn't working for you here. I'm not sure what your original intentions were, but this half-assed, out of character attempt at provocation does not suit you, so let's just let this stupid thread close and be done with it. it was clear from the start it wasn't getting anywhere.
    For #2, we have several posts in here where you attempt to personally attack by claiming I am being passive aggressive, and "half-assed", etc. You sure like to wave the flag of "I am so bad-ass" but you really haven't proved that anywhere on this forum. I honestly don't think you know what true Te is. You think Te is about telling everyone how bad ass you are and amazing and how you deserve so much attention. Meanwhile you continue to be one of the most unselfaware posters on this forum frequently making stupid and ignorant arguments.

Unlike you I don't post with any pretense or persona or ulterior motive to show the world how not pathetic I am. I don't create threads whining about how lonely I am and about how much attention I need or fifteen versions of what type am I this week. What I am on this forum is exactly who I am in real life.

Elfboy...I wish you would stop calling for this thread to be closed. I don't always relate to your threads...but I understood exactly what you were attempting to get-at in your OP - and as far as I'm concerned it's a valid thread. And what's cool is that we even got to learn some helpful off-topic info as well. Like...'you're an easy/safe target'...and...'you don't eat at the popular-kids lunch table'...'cause none of us knew that.

This thread is full of win...and while I hope to come back later and consider further/respond to Orobas' & skylight's thoughtful posts...I need to quickly say...you even brought out some of the 'old school'. (which I especially appreciate)! @professor goodstain serving-up some solid-gold up there lmao... and @HotpinkHeatwave and @Butterfly ... it's been far too long...

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Saturned
    that's exactly it, calling you out on being passive aggressive (which, on the bright sight, you've ceased to be at this point) is calling you out on a tactic not a personal attack, which you have taken personally and it seems like you're now trying to "get me back" or something.

tsk tsk tsk
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Saturned
    that's exactly it, calling you out on being passive aggressive (which, on the bright sight, you've ceased to be at this point) is calling you out on a tactic not a personal attack, which you have taken personally and it seems like you're now trying to "get me back" or something.

tsk tsk tsk
    And more jumping to conclusions and projecting emotions onto me that I neither feel for display. You really aren't very good at this.

The beauty of you is that you can't help but vomit yourself all over the forum and show your actions despite your words.

What you call passive aggressive was me having some playful fun at your pretentious thread start. You accused me of being upset and then cried to the mods to close your thread.

Inconsistency thy name is Elfboy.

I'm officially done with the thread. Enjoy continuing to prove to the forum what you are not. It seems to be going rather stellar.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    And more jumping to conclusions and projecting emotions onto me that I neither feel for display. You really aren't very good at this.

The beauty of you is that you can't help but vomit yourself all over the forum and show your actions despite your words.

What you call passive aggressive was me having some playful fun at your pretentious thread start. You accused me of being upset and then cried to the mods to close your thread.

Inconsistency thy name is Elfboy.

I'm officially done with the thread. Enjoy continuing to prove to the forum what you are not. It seems to be going rather stellar.
    hmm, I may have misinterpreted a few things. either way, glad this unproductive conversation is over
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I also think @Saturned had an interesting one with "They create mountains out of molehills." I've been accused of this before. I tend to think that I point out patterns of molehills, and others take that as me making a mountain. It's just that if I see the same thing over and over, it is a big deal. I suspect that this can feel like making mountains out of molehills for others who don't focus as much on patterns. To me, a pattern indicates something about the future, and is important to point out.
    Yeah I totally do this as well, although I often find that in the moment, my emotions can feel overwhelming. Nowdays I try and follow the 3-5 day rule before going bonkers about something that might really just be a molehill once I calm down.

My Si really sucks here though as I can be extremely anxious once I see a possible repeat of a pattern of a previous upsetting occurance appear and I become very agitated and my stomach clenches and get super Si prickly. It is extremely difficult to talk myself out of.

shall we start a thread where we try and build enfp enneatype descriptions? We could each describe ourselves and how we feel we differ from the enfp stereotype and how we think it relates to the instinctual variant, enneatype or zodiac or whatever

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

this thread is doing much better on personality cafe

http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-foru...ml#post2438496
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

where/wear

yw

Glycerine

^I guess the interpretation of the non-ENFPs and ENFPs is vastly different.

Whenever I go in the ENFJ subforum, I wanna vomit. The subforums seem like another form of confirmation bias helping to reinforce stereotypes.