User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Anew Leaf

@Elfboy, Well, I just find it interesting that you like shouting out how you like to do things, and then you play victim when others don't play according to your rules. You started this thread while you were drunk and didn't like the direction it took. Then you cry foul and start calling everyone passive aggressive and mean to you.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

1) ENFPs where their emotions on their sleeves
    only in hindsight. in the moment, the observer of that observation declared that assumption days later...inhindsight.

2) ENFPs are social butterflies who have trouble maintaining long term friendships
    similar to 1). the enfp gave a vibe, perhaps with something/s (kick ass animation w/context to bring the observer/s to a certain time when an animated description took place) which, later on (hindsight) energized all's ego block that where around at the time of the crime scene that the enfp had some good shit rollin and couldn't be topped. which, in turn, sufaced as hindsight due to the observers remembering it not being able to be topped. thus, overrun. it was not an attempt by the enfp to steal a show. the show was just stolen. proof?? did the enfp show up for the next gathering? no.

3) ENFPs care about what other people think about them
    lol

4) ENFPs are sluts/philanderers/"fast"
    hmmm

5) ENFPs love everyone
    only those who promote perpetuity. few and far between

6) ENFPs are gutless, butterfly chasing weaklings
    until it counts

7) ENFPs are always happy
    on the surface...to promote perpetuity. until around age 40, lol

8) ENFPs have difficulty with keeping their emotions out of the way when a logical decision needs to be made
    example? of course, never see one
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP

I agree. I hate the stereotypes ENFPs have.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I agree. I hate the stereotypes ENFPs have.
    ESFP stereotypes are worse. Apparently they're only useful for handjobs, according to Mal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

2) ENFPs are social butterflies who have trouble maintaining long term friendships

5) ENFPs love everyone

8) ENFPs have difficulty with keeping their emotions out of the way when a logical decision needs to be made
    I'm not going to stereotype every ENFP, but this made me laugh as it fits the ENFP I know perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

No, rarely.

I have several close friends, but have never been particularly extroverted in the people sense-I am fascinated by the external world and connections within it-people are a small apart of that external world

So fail...I gave up on this when I was about ten...it was like a pointless effort, so at some point I decided I just did not care anymore. Likely this has given me enormous fortitude as I just ignore most of what the world thinks I should do and then strive forward to accomplish my goals.

Sometimes, when single. But once in a relationship, it is like concrete.

5) ENFPs love everyone

no. I love people in the general sense of humanity, and those I am close to. However individuals have an interesting hapbit of being obnoxious judgemental douchebags.

My observations is that outside of Te-bitchslaps we tend to bend when others break. This means we just keep going, no matter how hard it gets...Since we have the blessing of being relatively free from the constraints of social censure, we can acconplish fairly amazing things-because we never listen when people tell us we cant.

When alone in the woods I am hapy, when holding my child I am happy, when dealing with other stuff, not at all. The world would be great if not for all the people in it. *evil scientist snickers*

yeah-this is learned over time and is never absolute but we manage to get by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Since you still refuse to address the content of my original post, I'll tell you for the third time — the only person you can speak for is yourself. You're not the ENFP spokesman. If you were capable of being reasonable, you would have simply posted: "You're right. I can only speak for myself." And that would have been the end of it.

This thread is one of many where you seem to equate Elfboy with all ENFPs despite the fact that Fi is highly subjective and can vary greatly from one person to the next. But for some bizarre reason, you take it upon yourself to speak for all of them.
    I think this is just an aspect of Ne analysis, not elfboy being totally obnoxious-Ne looks to abstract common patterns from things being studied and then establish a generalization. Then the model is presented for feedback. He built his model and now we are all giving him feedback on it. He will rebuild his model taking into account feedback and build a better model.

Over the years I have seen many enfps voice discontent at the enfp descriptions, as elfboy is doing-thus he isnt alone in his initial concern, and feedback from other enfps can constitute data to rebuild the model more correctly

A better model could be built by incorporating instinctual variants and then perhaps the actual enneagram types to flesh out the different ways the underlying cognitive functions may get expressed-lost of complicated work, of debious ROI.

I think this strict sterotypical version of MBTI is part of the reason the system is flawed-there is no flexibility built in for personal variance and no room for growth within each personality type. So while I can agree on the underlying cognitive framework, MBTI is pretty screwed up. Elfboy seeks to replace one set of characteristics with another, likely not the ptimal solution, but at least it exposes the variance between the two models.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @Elfboy, Well, I just find it interesting that you like shouting out how you like to do things, and then you play victim when others don't play according to your rules. You started this thread while you were drunk and didn't like the direction it took. Then you cry foul and start calling everyone passive aggressive and mean to you.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out.

LOL is this your little attempt at provocation/"revenge" (as you so eloquently put in your user title)?
    - passive aggression
    - feeling provoked by blunt, impersonal statements and reacting with ad hominem (thinking I was "dishing it out")
    - insertion of false motives/mild gas lighting ("playing the victim", "dishing it out" etc)

hun, you couldn't provoke a starving pit bull. the most you've made me feel of anything in this thread is moderate annoyance. normally I encourage INFPs to use more Te, but it just isn't working for you here. I'm not sure what your original intentions were, but this half-assed, out of character attempt at provocation does not suit you, so let's just let this stupid thread close and be done with it. it was clear from the start it wasn't getting anywhere.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP

OMG, I wanna kill the person who wrote the description of ENFPs. It is so inaccurate! Its like we are these creatures on some Everready battery that never dies, jumping around in our fluffy pink tutus and catching butterflies!
    I mean pleassseeee. There is a serious, deep and melancholic side to us! I say its majority of the time actually. It doesnt mean Im depressed. It just means I think a lot!!

So most ENFP descriptions leave me cold.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ESFP stereotypes are worse. Apparently they're only useful for handjobs, according to Mal.
    Ooooh boy. Remember that thread Perch made?

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I think this is just an aspect of Ne analysis, not elfboy being totally obnoxious-Ne looks to abstract common patterns from things being studied and then establish a generalization. Then the model is presented for feedback. He built his model and now we are all giving him feedback on it. He will rebuild his model taking into account feedback and build a better model.

Over the years I have seen many enfps voice discontent at the enfp descriptions, as elfboy is doing-thus he isnt alone in his initial concern, and feedback from other enfps can constitute data to rebuild the model more correctly

A better model could be built by incorporating instinctual variants and then perhaps the actual enneagram types to flesh out the different ways the underlying cognitive functions may get expressed-lost of complicated work, of debious ROI.

I think this strict sterotypical version of MBTI is part of the reason the system is flawed-there is no flexibility built in for personal variance and no room for growth within each personality type. So while I can agree on the underlying cognitive framework, MBTI is pretty screwed up. Elfboy seeks to replace one set of characteristics with another, likely not the ptimal solution, but at least it exposes the variance between the two models.
    I agree with this. EB could have phrased it better...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas

Indeed. @ bold - good idea!

I have to agree with those saying these don't seem to be very well representative of our type as a whole, but are more personal.

As an individual - I do wear my heart on my sleeve (though I try not to disturb others); I am not a social butterfly but do have a hard time maintaining long-term friendships; I do care about what others think of me - deeply, with some people; I am not a slut but I do love frequent sex; I do have loving compassion for everyone, even if I don't want to be around them 24/7; I am not gutless and chasing butterflies is not nice; I am definitely not always happy; I do struggle with keeping emotions out of my decisions.

I do get particularly frustrated with the happy-go-lucky stereotype when I am really quite a broody person. I even get that stereotype IRL because I tend to hide my srs face, even though I really am serious most of the time.

I also think @Saturned had an interesting one with "They create mountains out of molehills." I've been accused of this before. I tend to think that I point out patterns of molehills, and others take that as me making a mountain. It's just that if I see the same thing over and over, it is a big deal. I suspect that this can feel like making mountains out of molehills for others who don't focus as much on patterns. To me, a pattern indicates something about the future, and is important to point out.