User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you are being passive aggressive right now. you're trying to imply that I have these problems, not saying them directly and playing the "oh but I don't really want to go there." card. I don't really have much of a problem with any one sentence you've said about me, hell, there's probably a little bit of truth to some of them, but I DO have a problem with the way you are going about communicating that.
    No I'm just mocking you. I'm simple like that.

The trend with these threads is that you like telling everyone what they are like, when you really haven't a clue. And when people point this out you get mad and start projecting further.

But if you wish to paint yourself as a victim then go right ahead. Nothing seems to stop you.

ReflecTcelfeR

no I get it. the main reason I'm no this forum bothers you and you think that the majority of my posts are stereotypes. it's kind of annoying when 90% of your responses to me have been criticism without giving any explanation or offering alternatives. if you're not trying to communicate with me to get a specific result, I don't see the point. did I over generalize a little? probably, but continuous, non actionable criticism is very annoying to me
    I think the word we are looking for, Elfboy, is projection. The traits you deem to be ENFP aren't necessarily ENFP traits, but your thoughts on what ENFP's traits are, or should be. Thus why you cannot speak about anyone else, because really you aren't speaking about anyone else, but you and possibly a few other ENFP's, or personalities like yours. Don't assume that these are THE ENFP traits.

no I get it. the main reason I'm no this forum bothers you and you think that the majority of my posts are stereotypes. it's kind of annoying when 90% of your responses to me have been criticism without giving any explanation or offering alternatives. if you're not trying to communicate with me to get a specific result, I don't see the point. did I over generalize a little? probably, but continuous, non actionable criticism is very annoying to me
    I see you've decided to play the victim card.

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I think the word we are looking for, Elfboy, is projection. The traits you deem to be ENFP aren't necessarily ENFP traits, but your thoughts on what ENFP's traits are, or should be. Thus why you cannot speak about anyone else, because really you aren't speaking about anyone else, but you and possibly a few other ENFP's, or personalities like yours. Don't assume that these are THE ENFP traits.

RTR scores, and the crowd is on its feet.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Which gets me thinking, how do we ever attach general behavioral charactoristics to any type? How are the type profiles, outside of clearly defined cognitive use even developed? An INTP profile will read very differently than an ESFP profile.. where do these behavioral observations come from? How could there ever be any merit if one can only ever speak for one? It seems that the outside observation of many should say something, yes?

I wholeheartedly agree that Elfboy can not speak for ALL ENFP's.. but then the act of posting a thread to be challenged and expanded on seems to give the intention of consideration.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Anew Leaf

@Elfboy: Ah, so this was a drunken thread.

No wonder you got so defensive about it so quickly.

As always I love the "high road" hipocrisy that you consistently post with. Carry on.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Which gets me thinking, how do we ever attach general behavioral charactoristics to any type? How are the type profiles, outside of clearly defined cognitive use even developed? An INTP profile will read very differently than an ESFP profile.. where do these behavioral observations come from? How could there ever be any merit if one can only ever speak for one? It seems that the outside observation of many should say something, yes?

I wholeheartedly agree that Elfboy can not speak for ALL ENFP's.. but then the act of posting a thread to be challenged and expanded on seems to give the intention of consideration.
    A large enough sample size could solve the equation. Take the same, remark on what was different, determine the thought process indicated with the same and call those traits "ENFP". I mean it does all start with one. I think it all comes down to the fact that he wasn't listing from the same, but remarking on what was different, which, wouldn't apply to the ENFP's, but him as an individual.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I think there's a confusion here between "stereotype" and "misconception". The former is taking a characteristic present on a few, or even several, members of a group and applying it to the group as a whole; the latter is a fundamentally wrong assumption about all the group members that turns out to be generally untrue.

Did I get it right?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Lord Elfboy,
    I know ENFPs aren't supposed to care about what I think about them but, fwiw, this thread one of the coolest ones in this subforum.

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Patches

please close this thread, it's resulted in nothing more than snarky comments and laughable attempts at ad hominem

thanks,
    Elfboy

Edit: my point exactly

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

You sure?

share your shameless ego boosts

I'll start
    - getting an emotional response from people (though more than anything I find it funny. I'm tempted to laugh when I cause someone to experience intense emotion)
    - knowing that I have haters. actually, people discouraging me at all is an ego boost. clearly they feel threatened by my awesomeness
    - delivering a verbal pimp slap to a hater
    - being an attention whore
    - revenge (revenge isn't the answer my ass. that shit feels fantastic!)

essentially, the entirety of my ego comes from how much destruction and disturbance I create around me. noble huh? LOL