• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Show ENFJ some love

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bull Durham was on when I went to bed last night, and I think Susan Sarandon's character Annie might be an ENFJ.

CRASH
You think I could make it to the Show as a manager?

ANNIE
You'd be great, just great...
(rattling quickly)
'Cause you understand non-linear thinking even though it seems like baseball is a linear game 'cause of the lines and the box scores an' all--but the fact is that there's a spacious-"non-time kind of time" to it...

CRASH
(interrupting)
Annie---

ANNIE
What?

CRASH
I got a lotta time to hear your theories and I wanta hear every damn one of 'em...but right now I'm tired and I don't wanta think about baseball and I don't wanta think about Quantum Physics... I don't wanta think about nothing...
(beat)
I just wanta be.

ANNIE
I can do that, too.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh heck no.

Susan's an ISFP, bro. Very earthy and fun and sensual. Not an ENFJ.

In fact, I would say there isn't a single N in that movie. Kev's an ISFJ, and I say Tim is one too...?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh heck no.

In fact, I would say there isn't a single N in that movie. Kev's an ISFJ, and I say Tim is one too...?
Hmm, maybe I was thrown by all the breathing through the wrong eyelid.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll kick ya til you fall down. FALL. DOWN.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll kick ya til you fall down. FALL. DOWN.
I has a question (though maybe it should have it's own thread):

What are some good representations of ENFJs in film/literature?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I has a question (though maybe it should have it's own thread):

What are some good representations of ENFJs in film/literature?

If you'd like to start a thread, go for it. Perhaps it would cast some light for me, because I've RARELY seen another ENFJ character anywhere. I hear they're popular, but I haven't seen ANY.

The only one is Catherine from 'Wuthering Heights' and she's kind of a lunatic. I understand what she's doing, and when she starts ranting about how Heathcliff and Edgar are going to drive her out of her mind and make her sick if this conflict doesn't stop, I really related. Nellie thinks it's dramatics, and generally I'd say that's what it would look like to someone outside an ENFJ's body, but I've quite literally gone into one of those extreme states myself and HAD to have it stop before I went catatonic. Contention and emotional stress go right into me and my body can take but so much.

I relate to Marcy from "The Matchmaker" but I doubt she's ENFJ.

I can think of loads of INFPs, INFJs, ISTJs, etc, but no ENFJ.

*shrugs* Beth Ehlers (Harley) from Guiding Light is xNFJ. She plays an INFJ, but in person, she comes out with more force and doesn't seem to hit things solely with Ni. Jaye thinks she's possibly an eNFJ like me, a moderate only. But I still think she's INFJ. Something feels Ni-primary about her. But not. Arg! Anyway, she's joined at the hip IRL to her former ENTP daytime spouse. She needs to get away from him. It's pretty obvious he's in love with her and she's married. :( Must be torture for an NTP to finally find his penguin and not be able to get at her.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I didn't know ENFJ guys were so rare, I know 2 other ENFj guys who I made them take the test.:huh:

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh heck no.

tim robbins in bull durham was an esfp i'm pretty sure. course i haven't seen the movie in a while but yeah.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't know ENFJ guys were so rare, I know 2 other ENFj guys who I made them take the test.:huh:

I know only one other ENFJ and he's a guy. We be lonesome. :cry:

tim robbins in bull durham was an esfp i'm pretty sure. course i haven't seen the movie in a while but yeah.

I can get with that. :yes:

joslynk

MBTI Type
INXJ
I knew a dozen of other people, who were my friends, who hated him so much that they talked bad about him a lot with me. I never echoed their negativity because I treasured the friendship I had with him. Unfortunately, somehow, he thought I was 'with them' and decided to quit speaking to me and avoided me at all costs. That was the last time I saw him too. I really miss him :cry:

The ENFJ I know is doing this right now and I have no idea why.. I've never missed someone so much it hurts =(

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sorry folks. Being this emotional carries with it great burdens, and it's not easy, but leaving you in the lurch is not right either if neither of you did anything warranting fair dismissal. :hug: