• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] ENFJ and their Ti

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
With Introverted Thinking being their inferior function, how does it manifest in the ENFJ's life, whether consciously or unconsciously? How is it different from the INFJ's Ti?

G

Glycerine

I either come off like an insightful genius or an incoherent babbling idiot. I am decent at Ti activities. I can do above average in math but dropped at trig and calculus because i was stressed out (if i did it over again, i am sure that i would get a decent grade), got 90% in symbolic logic, can make fairly strong coherent arguments in persuasive papers (or so my Ti dom profs have said) but ask me to talk about it, I will stare at you like I have no idea. I can usually tell when something is off in someone's logic but I typically have difficulty verbalizing it. Ti makes me very self-conscious and I am almost always afraid of saying something incredibly stupid.

Although I have met TPs who I have thought were incredibly stupid because they were not rooted in reality. When they are like that, they are the royalty of backtracking especially NTPs LOL

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can I ask something similiar.
Does logic play a part in ENFJ's decision making? Example, if they have an interest in someone, but they rationalise that it will not work out due to logistical or other reasons (even though they really like the person), then what do they do? Do they decide logically and end it before it starts??

Also: If an ENFJ likes you, and he moves to another city (for a job assignment eg) for about 3 months. Does being 'out of sight out of mind' apply? Does it mean he will forget you, or will he still pursue you when hes back??

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Does logic play a part in ENFJ's decision making? Example, if they have an interest in someone, but they rationalise that it will not work out due to logistical or other reasons (even though they really like the person), then what do they do? Do they decide logically and end it before it starts??

Also: If an ENFJ likes you, and he moves to another city (for a job assignment eg) for about 3 months. Does being 'out of sight out of mind' apply? Does it mean he will forget you, or will he still pursue you when hes back??

Well, every type has the potential to use "logic" in whatever way you may be defining it in your post. Being future-oriented and parental, they might "sever the link" if they believe it won't work out. Each case is a case, though.

G

garbage

I'm answering as if I'm ENFJ, because, why not. I might as well, since there ain't a lot of ENFJs around. :popc1:

I don't have a problem with logic or even with exercising logic (my degrees are all technical), but overuse of logic for its own sake, pedantry, and searching for lynchpins in arguments makes me want to stab myself. I wind up thinking, "why are we doing this?"

I have given at least a few lectures on technical subjects (intro to boolean logic, etc.) where even I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. It's hard to motivate a classroom when I'm not so excited about the stuff myself.

Less mature people might think that love has a way of working itself out. Likewise, less mature people can rationalize the hell out of any choice that they make without actually seeking 'truth.'

In a relationship, we'd have to have pragmatism and logic in the mix. If one wants a relationship, then it's important to ensure that it has a solid foundation. "Is the trust there? Are we progressing or stagnating? Will it actually work out?"

The logic supports an end, though. The fiancee asked me why I was with her and why I cared about her. I could spill a litany of logical reasons and try to rationalize my choice, but the best explanation was, "I just do." And that was satisfying enough for both of us.

Three months isn't a long time at all. I'm sure that anyone who halfway gives a crap could wait that long--but then, I've heard plenty of horror stories from my military friends about military folks getting deployed, leaving their wives at home to cheat on them.

I wouldn't generalize my experiences to everyone or to a specific type, but I met my fiancee when she was living in another city and conducted the relationship long-distance for the first nine months before she moved here. We planned on her moving here, because we both saw potential.

Oh, and that plan took some logic to recognize and to pull off :wink:

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

sculpting

My (limited) observations of the ENFJs I have known..

About half have been technical, in IT or chemistry or biology and were as clever and logical as anybody else in those fields. They can be decidedly precise and even mechanically inclined, far more than myself. The one rather immature enfj I knew would do something Jung notes as being an Fe dom shadow-she would say TERRIBLY rude things at times, I suspect logical conclusions, and then be seemingly unaware of how offensive they were to people around her. I didnt see it in the others though, so I think it was youth.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If an ENFJ likes you, and he moves to another city (for a job assignment eg) for about 3 months. Does being 'out of sight out of mind' apply? Does it mean he will forget you, or will he still pursue you when hes back??

hi [MENTION=3032]Butterfly[/MENTION]! (love your name btw)

in my experience, being 'out of sight out of mind' doesn't matter. at least with the only ENFJ i know. we see each other once/month due to my busy schedule and he's been really patient, having stated that he wants a relationship and will wait as long as he needs to. he's feels very solid and his commitment/loyalty is probably the most attractive thing about him, apart from his social intelligence and depth.

his confidence in his abilities and our potential doesn't budge, regardless of how little we see each other. it's kinda remarkable...i'm just learning about the type, so it was nice coming across your post. as fellow ENFPs, let's keep each other apprised, shall we? :)

*friend request sent!*