• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Newly found INFP

nathdep

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Hello everyone! I have done a bit research lately and have discovered that I am an INFP. I have a few questions for other fellow INFP's here:

Do you sometimes misjudge people? Would you say this is related to being Fi dom?

Do you sometimes try to figure people out too much?

Do you sometimes feel like an outcast due to a slightly different outlook on life than other personalities?

Have you ever used your people sensing gift (Fi dom) and if so when have you used it?

Do you have different, sometimes odd interests than your friends and if so what are these?

When people are exhibiting themselves socially (i.e. performing in a play, performing music, etc.) and they are anxious, do you feel anxious? (Once again, is this related to Fi?)

thegrayvapour

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello everyone! I have done a bit research lately and have discovered that I am an INFP. I have a few questions for other fellow INFP's here:

Do you sometimes misjudge people? Would you say this is related to being Fi dom?

Do you sometimes try to figure people out too much?

Do you sometimes feel like an outcast due to a slightly different outlook on life than other personalities?

Have you ever used your people sensing gift (Fi dom) and if so when have you used it?

Do you have different, sometimes odd interests than your friends and if so what are these?

When people are exhibiting themselves socially (i.e. performing in a play, performing music, etc.) and they are anxious, do you feel anxious? (Once again, is this related to Fi?)

I'm new here too.

I think I rarely completely misjudge people, but when it does happen, it seems that I'd just put them on a pedestal to begin with. I ususally get a pretty good read on people when I meet them, unless they are stressed.

I don't intentionally try to figure people out, but I subconsiously build character sketches of people as time goes on. It starts off general and the details get filled in later. So... um.. like I said, a sketch.

I feel like an outcast less and less, but it happens.

Sometimes, I'm expected to be social longer than my energy level can stretch. I often politely refuse invitations or excuse myself early, and it becomes a bigger ordeal than I think it needs to be. People tend to think that I must be a loner or individualistic, when I fact I'm very social. I just need time with my own thoughts, and regularly, at that.

I'm not sure yet how to accurately describe the Fi-dom operating in me because I don't know any other way to be. I would imagine it is what people in my life have seen in me that provides a calming effect. I work in customer service (probably the worst job for us) and I have the ability to handle stressful situations without responding in a way that makes them worse. However, at the end of the day like that I have to go straight home and hide. I just consider it one of the many services I offer. :D

When something extremely emotional happens to me, I often don't have the ability to deal with it quickly, i.e. when I feel betrayed by someone. I usually have to wait until I stop feeling before I can decide what the right response is. It's almost as if my emotions are hogging all the bandwidth. Sometimes this takes hours or a couple of days. Some communication about why I do that is important before it happens.

My interests are often more varied and more involved than my friends. I'm like the ultimate hipster that way, and it's embarrassing.

I definitely know what you are talking about with the whole empathy thing. I often feel like an emotion-sponge at times. Not only for negative feelings, but positive ones too. Just today, a co-worker (who I crush on from time to time) brought in her boyfriend and I could feel all the butterflies and happiness and warm feelings and sh!t. Not a smidge of jealousy, which could have confused the hell out of me, but I was too busy being happy for them. Weird.

Welcome

WheresRocket

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm new here too.
When something extremely emotional happens to me, I often don't have the ability to deal with it quickly, i.e. when I feel betrayed by someone. I usually have to wait until I stop feeling before I can decide what the right response is. It's almost as if my emotions are hogging all the bandwidth. Sometimes this takes hours or a couple of days. Some communication about why I do that is important before it happens.

OH yeah. This does not go over well with my ENFJ spouse. The way you described it, though, it's like you're peering into my head.

OP:
I do have trouble judging character accurately. The older I get, the better a judge of character I become, but as a child and as a teen, I was one hundred percent guileless. I had no clue how to discern others' motivations and took everything people did and said at face value. Dating an ENF and working as a journalist both help me develop my Fe, which I think is responsible for my improvement in this area (and I hope to continue to improve, as I'm only 25). But I definitely know what you're talking about. It's like, I know myself really well, and do my best to represent myself accurately to others, so what do you mean others might not know themselves well enough to do this? Or deliberately misrepresent themselves - perish the thought!

I also tend to act as an emotion sponge. Do all NFs do this?

Last edited: