• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP empaths? How is this possible

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I said "ghey" not gay. There are subjective perceptions of maturity. Mine may be different from yours. I was told today that reporting people is more mature than fighting ones own battles. I disagree. I have to look at it as pragmatic for staying on the forum though, because Im not feeling the subjective maturity argument.

Sorry - the joke was that 13-years-olds are the ones who call everything negative "gay"... ^,^'' I thought you were using an alternate spelling. My bad.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry - the joke was that 13-years-olds are the ones who call everything negative "gay"... ^,^'' I thought you were using an alternate spelling. My bad.

ok like to me you seem rather naive and childlike...lacking life experience and adult assertiveness and confidence in your own values and perceptions.

You on the other hand interpret my politically incorrect language usage as childish. But to me they are just words, and words should be used for impact and self-expression, not just understanding or cooperation. I speak two languages and several dialects of English so I tend to be wildly unconcerned when people on line are disconcerted by my slang or cursing. But I don't say ghey IRL around strangers so they won't think Im saying gay. I know how to code switch.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
ok like to me you seem rather naive and childlike...lacking life experience and adult assertiveness and confidence in your own values and perceptions.

You on the other hand interpret my politically incorrect language usage as childish. But to me they are just words, and words should be used for impact and self-expression, not just understanding or cooperation. I speak two languages and several dialects of English so I tend to be wildly unconcerned when people on line are disconcerted by my slang or cursing. But I don't say ghey IRL around strangers so they won't think Im saying gay. I know how to code switch.

Oh, I'm fine with the slang and cursing thing. I was just kinda fazed by the use of a sexuality as a pejorative.

Aaaanyway, I think I've pretty much embarassed myself here and derailed the thread. Sorry, moving on. >.<

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, I'm fine with the slang and cursing thing. I was just kinda fazed by the use of a sexuality as a pejorative.

Aaaanyway, I think I've pretty much embarassed myself here and derailed the thread. Sorry, moving on. >.<

no don't feel embarrassed I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Ghey isn't a sexual perjorative though. Using gay as an insult would be and I have no such intentions. Which is why I don't say it out loud in front of strangers. But on line I often post exactly what Im thinking and use words Id use with an intimate friend.

And since you were feeling free to tell me I sound like a thirteen yr old, I felt like honestly sharing the way you sometimes seem thirteen to me. Quid pro quo seems to sum up my morality in many situations. The magic mirror.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay so do any of you think some types are more prone to be empathetic or are most of you saying its just being human...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My empathy is weaker than how weak gravity is compared to the electro-magnetic force, which, to illustrate by example, is shown when a tiny magnet lifts up a whole piece of rock on the top of a mountain, resisting the pole of the entire Earth!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes I think some types have more empathy than others. I've encountered too many young T types on line lacking strong empathy.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay so do any of you think some types are more prone to be empathetic or are most of you saying its just being human...

I used to like scary movies as a kid(friday the 13th 2 was one of my favourites when i was like 8), i thought more gore and more scary(even tho i wasnt scared) was better. Then something snapped in my head little before i joined the forums and i started to feel like crap watching that sort of movies and feeling those things way more intensely than before and empathize with characters. Nowadays i can enjoy some thrillers and some horror movies(if they are well made and not just about gore), but most of them i really dont care about, i rather watch a romantic comedy and empathize with those people :D