User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

For me saying I'm sorry would be indication of emathy from another person towards the person who "suffered a loss". Not saying it in a negative tone, but "participating" their feeling and being compassionate. So, I understand the op post about the subject. I'm sorry doesn't mean (always) appologizing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ahh this just happened to me yesterday. So annoying!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm sorry.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Lol
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Related to the topic, here's an excerpt of a book I just read. It's about zombies

"It's not fair,” she muttered with a fresh wetness sliding down her cheeks. “Brandon doesn't deserve this. He should be in school or playing video games. Think of all the things we took for granted Riley, things that Brandon will never know except from our stories. If there are other people out there, we have to find them for his sake and start over somehow."

Riley listened to the rain as it bounced off the leaves of the trees around them. “Hannah,” he said softly, “I'm sorry.”
    “Sorry, Riley? It's not your fault that the dead woke up or that we're living through the end of the world"
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

RDF

I haven't read the entire thread. I'm sure this has already been said: I always understood the proper response to be "I'm sorry to hear that."

I figure that "I'm sorry" is an abbreviation of the longer response, but "I'm sorry" sounds so casual as to practically invite a cheeky or maybe irritable comeback, IMO.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread. I'm sure this has already been said: I always understood the proper response to be "I'm sorry to hear that."
    What if you are not sorry - do you say this anyway??
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What if you are not sorry - do you say this anyway??
    As a courtesy... Yes.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Related to the topic, here's an excerpt of a book I just read. It's about zombies

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post

I figure that "I'm sorry" is an abbreviation of the longer response, but "I'm sorry" sounds so casual as to practically invite a cheeky or maybe irritable comeback, IMO.
    I've always felt like a great deal depends on tone, facial expression etc. (Plus, of course, things like your relationship to the person, whether it may be appropriate to extend an offer of help, etc.) Surely if you say "I'm sorry" in such a situation with a sincere tone, it won't sound casual or flip? I mean, if you say it sarcastically, obviously you should expect a bad response...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING