User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    IxxP
    Socionics
    SEI

I used to attempt writing, but alas times have changed. I've started drawing hybrid monster zombie human things. and writing 'fuck you' on it's forehead

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is your only accurate comment on Fi in this thread.
    Thank you very much. I believe that proves that I don't use it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by WheresRocket View Post
    Can anyone share some insight on this aspect of the problem? I can relate to all of it, but this especially. I find it excruciating to trust anyone with my emotions, even when they are ones I can verbalize. I get panicky just thinking about handing out big chunks of myself for people to do with what they will - which is what it feels like to talk candidly about my emotions with anyone but my spouse. Has anyone worked through this/gotten around it?
    As someone with Inferior Fi, I often wrestle with a lot of these issues without the metaphorical benefits of hands. I have strong emotions, but typically have difficulty defining them, so a lot of the information goes unprocessed. I quite often forget my feelings about things, in other words. When something is important enough that I feel the need to express it, the experience can be painfully vulnerable for me. But what I've learned is that even if the worst comes to past, you can survive anything. Emotions may be fragile, but you're not. It's important to feel what you're feeling, and honor those feelings to the extent which they are due, but you have to maintain a certain objectivity about those emotions. I think that's a crucial lesson for all sensitive people, but one most of us don't learn until we've had our heartbroken a few good times and have been obliged to pick ourselves up after the fact. It's just a matter of learning to be resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you suggesting, then, that all people will experience the same feelings in the same kind of situation, and that only their thoughts will be different? I may be mistaking what you mean by feeling, but I have found it often not so, at least in the cases where I do have a good understanding of my own feelings. One thing that has always bothered me is when others expect me to feel the same way as they would, and I do not.
    Empathy is a funny thing for me. On the one hand, talking one on one with someone I can easily pick up on their moods and feelings, to the point that they sometimes overpower my own. Empathizing in a more conceptual way I have to build the shoes to walk in them. Thinking about the other person, their circumstances, their most likely reaction to those circumstance, and then relating to that projected end state. NFs have some sort of instinctual shortcut for this, but I don't know what it is.

Why is that??? (I never understood just what anyone might find adorable, cute, etc. in an INTJ, unless he/she is 4 years old, like Orobas' boy. And even he will probably not appreciate it once he learns what those words mean.)
    Don't mind, @mia_infp. Given half the opportunity, the woman can't resist pulling the tiger's tail.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

figsfiggyfigs

Your op comes off as very expressive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    That is not logic that is lack of belief in "the model".

For me it makes much more sense to measure the functions with a test .... it is much more empirical and individually correct in my opinion. I have "Fi - limited use" so I dont consider myself to be a Fi user .... or to place more it precisely "I am not a good example of typical Fi usage".

If the Great one decides to study Fi on me the results could easily be pretty inconclusive or counter-productive in understanding of stronger Fi usage. (what is the actual topic here) So I have phrased my argument this way , even if it might be misleading.
    I could care less if you actually believe in the model or not. Your little boy post about tormenting Fi dom/aux is proof of your own immature Fi. What you're proposing has nothing to do with Te logic, it's not even especially efficient.

There's nothing more amusing than INTJs thinking EVERYTHING they think or do is Te.

Oh Internet.

Anew Leaf

I agree... NTJs are adorable. I love the polite formalities and that inner center of gooeyness that occasionally seeps out when you bite into them like a tootsie pop.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And uh, @Antisocial one, lest you not understand exactly why your behavior would be "immature" or bad Fi, allow me to quote Jung for you:

"But, wherever the unconscious subject is identified with the ego, the mysterious power of the intensive feeling is also transformed into banal and arrogant ambition, vanity, and [p. 495] petty tyranny. This produces a type of [person] most regrettably distinguished by [his or her] unscrupulous ambition and mischievous cruelty."

SO um...yeah. I'm very familiar with this mischievous cruelty myself, as is my dear, sweet, beloved ISTJ tormentor.

This isn't even mentioning how Fi doms can appear "cold" or "childlike."

It baffles me when people think Fi is its only "sensitive" or "ethical" or "mature" form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thank Care Bears as a little girl, church, volunteering, and English classes in high school for helping to develop a little more of my Fe.

Loltedoledole!
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    I thank Care Bears as a little girl, church, volunteering, and English classes in high school for helping to develop a little more of my Fe.

Loltedoledole!
    Wait, those are all things associated with Fe?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Wait, those are all things associated with Fe?
    No, English classes have nothing to do with Fe. But I could see that church could teach community Fe values for the greater good of the group, and Care Bears could encourage open emotional expression.

Nothing this person said is *inherently* Fe though.