User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 80

  1. #41
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Give me an example of an Fi flow chart. This sounds interesting.
    It is qute simple just make categories :

    1. You should not be angry because nothing else couldn't be done
    2. You are depressed because of real reason instead of the some vague reasons (problems in school and work)
    3. Quarter of your belief system is obviously inconsisted with what you embraced tomorrow.
    4. The amount of nervous brake downs in the last month


    etc.


    And then you observe how many times the person will show some of the traits and what will cause them. I mean this is a childlish play for the situations when a NT has nothing to do so ......


    Plus as you probaly already realize this is a perfect way how to annoy an FP. (or scare them when they realize you are cutting their soul apart just to see what it is in there and what provokes them ) Since the last thing they want to is being treated as a "thing" or feeling "naked" around the strangers .

  2. #42
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It is qute simple just make categories :

    1. You should not be angry because nothing else couldn't be done
    2. You are depressed because of real reason instead of the some vague reasons (problems in school and work)
    3. Quarter of your belief system is obviously inconsisted with what you embraced tomorrow.
    4. The amount of nervous brake downs in the last month


    etc.


    And then you observe how many times the person will show some of the traits and what will cause them. I mean this is a childlish play for the situations when a NT has nothing to do so ......


    Plus as you probaly already realize this is a perfect way how to annoy an FP. (or scare them when they realize you are cutting their soul apart just to see what it is in there and what provokes them ) Since the last thing they want to is being treated as a "thing" or feeling "naked" around the strangers .
    I can see your point of view, but I tend to have a heavy Fe so I can sort of empathize with them a lot more than you probably could.

  3. #43
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I can see your point of view, but I tend to have a heavy Fe so I can sort of empathize with them a lot more than you probably could.

    Well despite the whole Fi/Fe thing I am not the person that has a lot of emotional skills. However with Fi you trully have to be careful since only a few wrong choices of words can killl a good friendship/connection and yet there is no certanty that you will get all of the words corectlly. Especially since FPs usually have a highly individualized sensitivity on words , things and events.

  4. #44
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well despite the whole Fi/Fe thing I am not the person that has a lot of emotional skills. However with Fi you trully have to be careful since only a few wrong choices of words can killl a good friendship/connection and yet there is no certanty that you will get all of the words corectlly. Especially since FPs usually have a highly individualized sensitivity on words , things and events.
    lol, tell me about it. I've butchered countless friendships with Fi users due to my hurtful words. Don't get me started on the IxFP's either.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Does this even work, though? Does "if I were them" mean "if I were experiencing the same type of situation they are"? In my experience, how I feel in situations is often quite different from how others feel, or at least how they say they feel. This is why I hesitate to make assumptions about other people's reactions and behavior based on my own.
    .
    Yes, it works. It's called empathy. But it has two prerequisites: 1.) one must be enough in touch with one’s own emotional life to know how one feels, what one feels, and why one feels, and 2.) one must be able to imagine yourself in the other person's shoes in an immersive way. Step one is where TJs often experience the disconnect and sometimes have trouble with empathy (and they sometimes break down at step 2 in terms of motivation) – one can't empathize if one doesn't first have a good grip on one’s own emotional life. In a given situation, a TJ is often out of touch with their emotions, mistaking what they are thinking for how they are feeling. And of course, what they are thinking IS going to be different from what someone else would be thinking in an imagined scenario.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I do journal sometimes, to include inner feelings, and usually want to burn the pages forthwith because I am paranoid that someone might find and read them.
    This is ridiculously adorable. I'm the same way, but for some reason when it's a TJ it's so cute I can't stand it.

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Why would empathy be stronger in an Se<Fi user, than an Ne<Fi user?
    huh? Never said such a thing. Its just that Se is more prone to specific contextual Fi and develops ethics from life experience. Ne may have more grounded Fi morality anchored to Si and develop ethics more theoretically.

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well despite the whole Fi/Fe thing I am not the person that has a lot of emotional skills. However with Fi you trully have to be careful since only a few wrong choices of words can killl a good friendship/connection and yet there is no certanty that you will get all of the words corectlly. Especially since FPs usually have a highly individualized sensitivity on words , things and events.
    if ur really intj this post is hilarious. You have tertiary Fi yourself. Ironically an Fi user is pointing out lack of logic in ur post.

  8. #48
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, I don't understand Fi that well
    This is your only accurate comment on Fi in this thread.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #49
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    if ur really intj this post is hilarious. You have tertiary Fi yourself. Ironically an Fi user is pointing out lack of logic in ur post.

    That is not logic that is lack of belief in "the model".


    For me it makes much more sense to measure the functions with a test .... it is much more empirical and individually correct in my opinion. I have "Fi - limited use" so I dont consider myself to be a Fi user .... or to place more it precisely "I am not a good example of typical Fi usage".


    If the Great one decides to study Fi on me the results could easily be pretty inconclusive or counter-productive in understanding of stronger Fi usage. (what is the actual topic here) So I have phrased my argument this way , even if it might be misleading.

  10. #50
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Yes, it works. It's called empathy. But it has two prerequisites: 1.) one must be enough in touch with one’s own emotional life to know how one feels, what one feels, and why one feels, and 2.) one must be able to imagine yourself in the other person's shoes in an immersive way. Step one is where TJs often experience the disconnect and sometimes have trouble with empathy (and they sometimes break down at step 2 in terms of motivation) – one can't empathize if one doesn't first have a good grip on one’s own emotional life. In a given situation, a TJ is often out of touch with their emotions, mistaking what they are thinking for how they are feeling. And of course, what they are thinking IS going to be different from what someone else would be thinking in an imagined scenario.
    Are you suggesting, then, that all people will experience the same feelings in the same kind of situation, and that only their thoughts will be different? I may be mistaking what you mean by feeling, but I have found it often not so, at least in the cases where I do have a good understanding of my own feelings. One thing that has always bothered me is when others expect me to feel the same way as they would, and I do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    This is ridiculously adorable. I'm the same way, but for some reason when it's a TJ it's so cute I can't stand it.
    Why is that??? (I never understood just what anyone might find adorable, cute, etc. in an INTJ, unless he/she is 4 years old, like Orobas' boy. And even he will probably not appreciate it once he learns what those words mean.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Similar Threads

  1. The Forgotten Ideas of Alfred Adler
    By Forever in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 12:38 AM
  2. What is the ideal length of time to work at a company?
    By baccheion in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 02:31 AM
  3. [NF] INFJ/P Confronting my depression for the first time and trying to reach out for help
    By fkdup in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM
  4. The very definition of a n00b
    By supersonic in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 02:27 AM
  5. The Very Thought of You/Martha, Meet Daniel, Frank, and Lawrence
    By Turbinado in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO