Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default ENFPs and needing to verbalize EVERYTHING

I hate this tendency in myself. I need to verbalize EVERYTHING. it's one reason I'm so addicted to various forums. I have something I can contribute to almost everything and when I get an idea for something, I feel like I HAVE to share it with people. sometimes I'll practically go berserk and post like 20+ comments in an hour (we're not talking spamming/trolling, I'm talking 20+ intelligent comments with a point). it's so bad that sometimes I'll be in bed, get an idea for a new thread.
    when I was younger, this tendency was even worse, and I would just sit there in class verbalizing (very loudly) whatever popped into my head, whether it was related or not, and people would initially try to correct me, but I was too dense/focused on what I was saying to notice and eventually they just gave up thinking "WTF is up with this guy?" it took me years to get over this tendency, to the point where I would literally think about what I said for 2 minutes before I said it and still could not figure out if it was a stupid thing to say or not XD
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think it might be an Ne thing to have a strong need to verbalize our ideas. I'm an introvert but Ne is auxiliary and I have this tendency too. Maybe not as strongly but its there. I communicate better in writing than in person and sometimes I'm too shy to approach others with ideas so the internet forums are where I go. I love posting my ideas in forums. It's a way of getting what I want to say across to many people at once. I figure at least someone will be interested in what I have to say.

I often get ideas for forum threads while driving, at work, exercising etc. I've had times where I literally couldn't wait to get home to post something.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

nice, Elfboy. thanks for sharing .
    i have this too, like esp with the thinking of new forum threads, but then Fi runs and puts a restraining order on it lol.
    unless im actually an INFJ (Identity Crisis), in which case, disregard.
    but my sister, who's a true ENFP (i THINK), seriously says everything that comes to her mind, tact be damned. and she talks A LOT, all her ideas, vented to the world

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have this tendency too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'm doing this too, gladly the need decreases when getting older.
    I too think it's Ne, seeing all the possibilities, one thing reminds us of something else and as extraverts, everything must be said aloud.

Society

i don't think its an ENFP thing as much as it is an extrovert Ne thing... i have the same need, in past social environments and in several (mostly gaming related) forums.

my Fe does play its role in shutting me up, at times, but in certain environments of either extreme - whether it is within my own social tribe or with people whose relations i don't particularly value - i expect the freedom to do so, and since it has served me well socially most of the time - while only a few times condemned me (but when it does it does so harshly) - i have learned to force myself into an increasing levels of comfort and risk taking in saying whatever it is that i think. the best social engineering is often not thinking about social engineering.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yeah I agree that it's an ne thing and it's annoying. I find it harder to focus if I don't externalise my information. For example, I find it more difficult than my peers to read technical journals. It really helps when I read it out loud, but I don't want to bother my office-mate for example. It's also just a pain in the ass to say everything you read. It gets tiring.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

I hate to say this, but I'm kind of glad I don't have this tendency to say things out loud, though not expressing myself is my problem, like...during meetings or just daily living.

I think my mom is an ESTP. I noticed early on she would read the signs we'd see on the road.

'Bowling alley'. 'Open 24 hours'. 'Citibank'. haha.

And I have aslo noticed that ENFPs in general are bad in keeping a secret. (especially when young and if isnt that big of a deal)

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    And I have aslo noticed that ENFPs in general are bad in keeping a secret. (especially when young and if isnt that big of a deal)
    Stick with INFPs then. I don't know about other INFPs, but I will take all secrets to my grave.