123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default FPs: yes, we CAN tell the difference between someone being natural vs fake

yes, Fi CAN do this. it isn't hard to tell who is putting up a front/fulfilling a social role/being fake vs someone who is truly doing what they feel like. that's right, we CAN see through to the inner essence of a person. anyone who says we either does not have strong Fi or doesn't trust theirs.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So that is Fi. Interesting.

I am so-so at this I think. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt.....to not be fake. I guess that means my Fe is stronger than my Fi.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    So that is Fi. Interesting.

I am so-so at this I think. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt.....to not be fake. I guess that means my Fe is stronger than my Fi.
    NFJs can do this too, but they do it in a different way. with FPs, it's a kind of BS detector; NFJs take on the other person's emotions and use Ni to extract the essence from that
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes, Fi CAN do this. it isn't hard to tell who is putting up a front/fulfilling a social role/being fake vs someone who is truly doing what they feel like. that's right, we CAN see through to the inner essence of a person. anyone who says we either does not have strong Fi or doesn't trust theirs.
    Duckie,
    You're stating what seems very obvious, to this Fi-Dom. I'm just wondering why? Plus you are giving away the secrets to our super powers, LOL.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    NFJs can do this too, but they do it in a different way. with FPs, it's a kind of BS detector; NFJs take on the other person's emotions and use Ni to extract the essence from that
    But wouldn't I then end up with a true emotion of some sort, versus being able to tell someone is being fake? Confused.

I ...... think I have a hard time with fake or false agendas or deceit in general. Is this an infj thing, or a me thing you think?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

That's Fi? Huh, when I feel like someone is "wearing a mask" or "putting up a front", so to speak, I usually get more of an Ne vibe from that. You know, I just have this feeling at the back of my mind, and I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion, even though I'm not often wrong when I get that feeling.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Fi-Ne thing I think. Fi-Se seems to be about what makes people feel good psychically. My BFF can make everybody feel really at ease around him. It's a gift, even his home is like lush and comfy. All the regular Male ISFP's over the years here have that same calm vibe. He's not such a great judge of character though (that could be because he's younger than me).
    I could be wrong, but as NF I hate hogging all the feelery lime light.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Duckie,
    You're stating what seems very obvious, to this Fi-Dom. I'm just wondering why? Plus you are giving away the secrets to our super powers, LOL.
    I have in the last few days accused several people of perpetuating stereotypes/not being themselves and was met with "how do you know what's natural for them". the answer is: I have Fi, I can see through you
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    But wouldn't I then end up with a true emotion of some sort, versus being able to tell someone is being fake? Confused.
    yes, but you would be able to view the other person's emotion more objectively than they themselves might be able to. for instance, you could pull up one of several emotions in the person that the said person was either unaware of or trying to deny including
    - insecurity
    - anger/hate
    - denial
    - shame

I ...... think I have a hard time with fake or false agendas or deceit in general. Is this an infj thing, or a me thing you think?
    I have trouble with most agendas in the first place. for me at least, it has nothing to do with whether they're fake/authentic and everything to do with the fact that I'm used to communicating in an all cards on the table sort of way where both parties are working for mutual best interest and neither has to withhold certain cards/information to get a certain result (I think agendas as a whole are much more of an Ni/Se thing, my INTJ best friend is brilliant at them)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Fi-Ne thing I think. Fi-Se seems to be about what makes people feel good psychically. My BFF can make everybody feel really at ease around him. It's a gift, even his home is like lush and comfy. All the regular Male ISFP's over the years here have that same calm vibe. He's not such a great judge of character though (that could be because he's younger than me).
    I could be wrong, but as NF I hate hogging all the feelery lime light.
    there is also an Ne component to it. Ne connects the dots and comes up with possible explanations of why they might be doing what they're doing.
    that said, I think @Marmie Dearest would tell you she's good at using her Fi to judge people's character
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!