User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Your Fi is amazing.
    No, man, it's my SiTe. You see, since I have Si, Si compares the cues to those that I've come across before and [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Just because it's on your resume doesn't mean it's true!
    I don't know about you, but I blindly trust what applicants put on their resumes without interviewing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    No, man, it's my SiTe. You see, since I have Si, Si compares the cues to those that I've come across before and [...]
    It could be a double-dipped, triple-loop Fi formation of tertiary psychotic aggravation. That's unhellthy.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It could be a double-dipped, triple-loop Fi formation of tertiary psychotic aggravation. That's unhellthy.
    This statement makes theoretical, logical sense from the perspective of Jungian cognitive functions and is therefore correct.

ReflecTcelfeR

Wild idea here: Perceptive people are perceptive. Motivation to try and be perceptive is important to JCF.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Why do some people become therapists? Because they can 'see into people'.
    why can they do this? From past experience. As a child they had to 'take care' of the emotions of a parent (codependency). This necessitates developing the ability to take another's emotional temperature with great precision.
    I have a friend who is highly competent at almost everything. He has a cool-headed demeanor, and rarely gets rattled. I am usually fairly open and friendly with people. Occasionally I am withdrawn. When I do this, his behavior changes just slightly. He becomes more interested in making sure I'm happy, that he hasn't offended me. He does this because his mother was an alcoholic. I notice that he does this because my father had PTSD, and knowing when he was about to rage meant I could escape. We were both in codependent relationships.
    So IMO, this has everything to do with learned behavior from childhood.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I think Fi users are very skilled at empathy. They are able to place themselves in someone else's shoes and see out of their eyes. This makes them very good at reading others.

The problems arises when the Fi-user forgets their skill at empathy is merely a projection. They may be good at it, but not infallible, and prone to bias as well as simply not having all the relevant facts at hand. This leads to bad readings of others and the object of the reading will often feel insulted at the insistence of the Fi-user that they are right about someone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah Fi a lot of the time is projection, but weirdly enough I think I do the thing where I'm absolutely TERRIBLE with typing men I just met, because of my dom Fi (this is another reason I'm convinced of ISFP over ESFP or ENFP) is that I PROJECT Fe ON TO MEN.

I need a T-shirt that says "I See Fe People" instead of "I See Dead People."

Generally the men usually *do* have Fe, but not necessarily as high as I project it as being. I even thought a self-typed ENTJ was an ENFJ when I met him, and I typed a *now obvious* xxTP as an ENFJ when I first met him. I think instead of seeing Fe what I'm seeing is learned polite behavior, or maybe even some kind of socially gentleman-ly "warmth" toward females or something.

But yeah someone told me that people do this, like they're attracted to the opposite attitude of their dom function (Like Fi would do this with Fe, Ti with Te, etc.) and can even project it on to certain members of the opposite sex...and typically in a more idealized manner than the inferior function, in which the inferior function can actually be a more negative thing, or very extreme love/hate kind of thing, I suppose.

Sometimes I'm dead-on with people, but I would agree that Fi draws upon "my own experience" to feel compassion for others. I think for an SFP this means the more life experience I have, the more empathy I can cultivate.

I think I'm pretty good at picking the right people to be loyal to, as well, to respond more to the actual topic of the thread.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    NFJs can do this too, but they do it in a different way. with FPs, it's a kind of BS detector; NFJs take on the other person's emotions and use Ni to extract the essence from that
    I would agree with this statement. Fe types really do "take on other people's feelings." My ESFJ friend says she does that. And I'm like "oh jesus thank god I don't have to deal with that."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I would agree with this statement. Fe types really do "take on other people's feelings." My ESFJ friend says she does that. And I'm like "oh jesus thank god I don't have to deal with that."
    my thoughts exactly, it sounds like quite a burden
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ReflecTcelfeR

Seems like I need to get wilder.... Why is Fi or any function exclusive to perceptive ability?