Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    This may be true at times but my Fi finds it a bit distasteful. I am often highly irritated by people who believe they know who someone is or how they feel better than the person does them self. I find it nervy and assumptive unless one has long-term experience and closed a certain amount of psychological distance with the person in question. Maybe this is because as an ENFP i know that my perceptions are often very accurate but applying judgement to them can be horribly off. I also agree with Mmhmm here, Fi is subjective and relates back to self.. so I don't see this function alone being the ultimate BS detector.

My fi also tells me that if someone decides to be a fake or a fraud, it is still their business and I'm not going to swoop in pointing my finger
    "fakey fake, I figured you out - Neener neener!" I find it sad and uncomfortable when other people or even myself, at times, has felt a need to do this - as though the real nectar is somehow insufficient. I typically want to dig deeper so I can understand why someone might be using a mask instead of demonizing them for it.
    I'm not saying that
    - I call them out on it (it is there business, unless I am somehow suffering from their fakeness, in which case the Ne/Te pimp hand comes out)
    - that I'm right 100% of the time
    - I'm telling them how to think (I hate when people do this, it's not the same thing)

but I am saying that
    - that doesn't mean I don't know or can't evaluate their character accurately
    - fakeness is usually easy to spot
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Cool thread, bro.

Anew Leaf

[This Thread]

One of these is not like the others.

garbage

A few xSTPs I know could beat the shit out of me and pretty much everyone else at poker because they knew a thing or two about bluffing and reading sincerity in other people. True story. Hard to believe, but it's true.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh jeez -- I didn't realize some Fi users trust their Fi BS-detector in the same way that INFJs (and other Ni-users) often trust their Ni. I guess you learn something new every day?

Although I will say that when I hear Fi/Te-users on this forum talking about their BS detectors, it's often in the context of talking about how "fake" Fe is. Which, in my opinion, is an accusation that comes from a perspective of complete ignorance of what Fe actually means -- and/or it comes from bad experiences with unhealthy, passive-aggressive Fe-users. So: that right there is an example of incorrect Fi judgment, and possibly a reason to not take Fi as gospel.

But then again, I'm coming from a Te>Fi perspective, so...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    A few xSTPs I know could beat the shit out of me and pretty much everyone else at poker because they knew a thing or two about bluffing and reading sincerity in other people. True story. Hard to believe, but it's true.
    I agree that S's seem to be the most perceptive types.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh jeez -- I didn't realize some Fi users trust their Fi BS-detector in the same way that INFJs (and other Ni-users) often trust their Ni. I guess you learn something new every day?

Although I will say that when I hear Fi/Te-users on this forum talking about their BS detectors, it's often in the context of talking about how "fake" Fe is. Which, in my opinion, is an accusation that comes from a perspective of complete ignorance of what Fe actually means -- and/or it comes from bad experiences with unhealthy, passive-aggressive Fe-users. So: that right there is an example of incorrect Fi judgment, and possibly a reason to not take Fi as gospel.

Fe hate is not the point of this thread, I started a thread in the graveyard for Fe vs Fi wars a long time ago.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Fi people are so picky that they couldn't imagine why anyone else would be enthusiastic about anything, including social roles!
    They contain their value-based statements until they can express them through ideas. Jung describes them as masking their emotional states. Someone else being loose with their emotions and their considerations is inconceivable!
    yes
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Fe hate is not the point of this thread, I started a thread in the graveyard for Fe vs Fi wars a long time ago.
    I know! I was using it as an example of Fi instincts sometimes being wrong. It was an example. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, anyways; I was thinking about some INTJs (and some other xNFPs) as well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I don't trust my Fi when it comes to other people, I trust my Fi when it comes to myself
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so