User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ whaaat? curious...what's your enneagram?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I can sorta relate to this. I swear - ENFPs come into the world thinking...'I love you and you love me and everything is GOOD and Hey! let's have some FUN!!!'... <--- and each and every day we live something takes a chip out of that you know? And it is disorienting. To find out someone doesn't like us it's like..."um..okay...I don't think you are the greatest person on the planet either but I am willing to accept you and yet you won't accept me?" Or when we are looked at funny for maybe being too 'happy' or too 'cooky'...it's like "hey man...I'm not an idiot...Life is short and I sincerely want everyone to seize the day". It is disappointing to be reminded on a daily basis how 'different' you are from others...and it is extraordinarily clear...at least to me...how being an ENFP can lead to incredible social anxiety and paranoia over time. But I am trying very hard to just say F@$* it!!! I am a good person...and my intentions towards others are good...and if people can't see that it is truly their loss...not mine. Like my INTJ father always says..."they don't pay my taxes".
    Haha this made me smile. In a way, I find it charming. This totally reminds of my psych prof. She's so anxious about how she comes off that she will ask in the middle of class " whether or not we are going to hate her" for not getting something done and regularly jokes about how she gonna need a Xanax because we are probably going to be harsh on the course evals. This happens at least once every class period. This whole thread reminded me of her. Part of me doesn't want to criticize her because she's charming in her own little neurotic way. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Haha this made me smile. In a way, I find it charming. This totally reminds of my psych prof. She's so anxious about how she comes off that she will ask in the middle of class " whether or not we are going to hate her" for not getting something done and regularly jokes about how she gonna need a Xanax because we are probably going to be harsh on the course evals. This happens at least once every class period. This whole thread reminded me of her. Part of me doesn't want to criticize her because she's charming in her own little neurotic way. LOL.
    haha Glycerine...your story made me smile as well and I'm glad that you shared it. Something about this teacher kinda reminds me of that one professor in Harry Potter. I don't remember her name...but she was played by Emma Thompson...who may in fact be an ENFP 7w6 herself (so maybe this was a 'natural' role for her haha). Anyway...totally sounds like an anxious ENFP that is still holding out hope that everyone will love her and the world will be full of rainbows. Definitely makes for some neurotic behavior.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I have savage episodes of self doubt. All I can think of sometimes are the ways in which a person has got the wrong idea, how I've come off a complete knob. Sometimes, I'll be thinking about a snatch of a conversation for weeks, even months. I now know for certain that very few people do this, which helps me to spot when I'm being silly. I really want to be a pleasant person to be around though, and a lot of the time I fail miserably and beat myself up over it for days.

If I want to cut it out for good, I need to improve my inferior Te and knock some sense into myself, I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

maybe this is all really more so related??

my boyfriend does this...he's so dom...i pretty much never do...im sx/sp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Everyone likes me, ENTJ awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    maybe this is all really more so related??

my boyfriend does this...he's so dom...i pretty much never do...im sx/sp
    I'm not convinced it is. Whenever I take those variant 'tests'...I always score fairly equal on sp & sx...and freakishly low on so...and yet I can relate to some of what Qlip and others are saying in this thread.

Ever since R.D.Laing taught me that paranoia is a heightened state of awareness, I have been fascinated by paranoia.

I have noticed though that those I tend to like, mainly introverts, tend to like me too.

But on the other hand I have noticed parnoia is psychological preparation to attack, so I tend to be discretely wary of the paranoid, particularly if they are violent.

So I take my own paranoia as my unconscious warning me of an enemy that I have yet to discover. And once I recognise them as an enemy, my paranoia disappears.

Of course I know it is politically incorrect to look for enemies, but on the other hand, we are known, and known to ourselves, by our enemies. So good quality enemies are our friends. Right mate?

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Just friends, I guess.. not even that... Just generally positive regard. Actually, I don't even care about positivity. I just want to know what people think. I don't mind being hated if it's for the right reasons.
    if you don't care for positivity then why does it matter? you make it sound like you're just completely ignored rather then being hated if all you want to know is what people think of you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by azulatheavatar View Post
    if you don't care for positivity then why does it matter? you make it sound like you're just completely ignored rather then being hated if all you want to know is what people think of you.
    I think it's an Ne thing. It's about having information. I want to follow threads of cause and effect, but people are little black boxes where casuality is occluded. Also I really have an aversion to misinformation. It kills me to know that I might be misrepresented.