User Tag List

First 12

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I just kind of doubt the tertiary being so powerful... I'd love to think of myself as analytical and I do use my Ti in my process as I'm constantly trying to see to the essences of phenomena, but I think I'd get my butt kicked on many levels and contexts if I was to go challenge some Ti doms, like INTPs in their area of specialty
    I think it propably wouldn't end well for me ;D

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    I just kind of doubt the tertiary being so powerful... I'd love to think of myself as analytical and I do use my Ti in my process as I'm constantly trying to see to the essences of phenomena, but I think I'd get my butt kicked on many levels and contexts if I was to go challenge some Ti doms, like INTPs in their area of specialty
    I think it propably wouldn't end well for me ;D

From the living fountain of instinct flows everything that is creative; hence the unconscious is not merely conditioned by history, but is the very source of the creative impulse. -Carl Jung
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Unconscious all the time...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Unconscious all the time...
    I dont quite get what you are trying to say(so i assume that you didnt fully get what i was trying to say, so ill explain), but the instincts and creative impulses come to consciousness from unconscious. Unconscious mind is guiding conscious mind via instincts and impulses, not just according to jung, but also according to freud and others(including many today).

This bringing stuff from the unconscious through art is what the healing power of art is based on. Also the reason why some art resonates with some people so heavily is that it creates sort of link between the artists unconscious mind and the audiences unconscious. William Rivers said this in his book instinct and the unconscious:

Each of the emotions can be regarded as an affective aspect of an instinctive reaction. Thus, fear is especially connected with the instinctive reaction to danger by flight; anger with the reaction to danger or injury by aggression; love with the parental and sexual instincts, etc., while the primary states of pleasure and pain are the psychical accompaniments of the fundamental reactions of attraction towards the useful and repulsion from the harmful. The primary feelings of pleasure and pain and all emotions, whether simple or complex, can be regarded as aspects of consciousness especially associated with instinct.
    and this idea of emotions being tied to instinctive reactions arising from the unconsciousness, fits pretty nicely with the idea of what i said earlier and what jung said.

when you are creating art, you rely on your emotions in deciding what to do, what feels to be the correct shape for something or correct note next to another, or the melody of music you are making just flows to your conscious mind from somewhere.

the idea of art therapy(and sand play) is to bring things in the unconscious to conscious mind through the act of creating art.

it should be noted that inferior and tert functions can work as a gateways to unconscious mind. people often make the mistake of thinking that tert and inferior = unconscious mind, when in fact its just about those functions not being in control of the conscious mind, but react to unconscious impulses more(or work as a gateway for unconscious mind when something happens in external world that triggers something in the shadow).
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes Noon liked this post

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

@INTP I got it. I was making a verbal pun. The quote had subconscious--->unconscious--->Made me laugh because I thought of being knocked unconscious. Unconscious all the time= Paying attention to what's churning in my subconscious all the time. ....
    I'm sorry. My mind actually works like a crazed squirrel all the time.
    But yes... I think INFJs are very aware of that subconscious underground terrain or the ocean deep where all those monsters and strange creatures that don't see the light of day inhabit...our atavistic impulses, emotions etc. We look at where we are for the signs that signify their presence so to speak. Sometimes I feel I can see the signs of their stirrings well from specific cues.
    And that is where I feel art is precisely the right tool to speaking directly with our collective "monsters" (like you said) in the language of metaphor and symbol and deal with them subconscious to subconscious. All of what I'm saying is strictly metaphorical.
    That's why when I see some artists using the right tools and in large quantities I think "INFJ".

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Well aren't you guys just special.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

@INTP I got it. I was making a verbal pun. The quote had subconscious--->unconscious--->Made me laugh because I thought of being knocked unconscious. Unconscious all the time= Paying attention to what's churning in my subconscious all the time. ....
    I'm sorry. My mind actually works like a crazed squirrel all the time.
    But yes... I think INFJs are very aware of that subconscious underground terrain or the ocean deep where all those monsters and strange creatures that don't see the light of day inhabit...our atavistic impulses, emotions etc. We look at where we are for the signs that signify their presence so to speak. Sometimes I feel I can see the signs of their stirrings well from specific cues.
    And that is where I feel art is precisely the right tool to speaking directly with our collective "monsters" (like you said) in the language of metaphor and symbol and deal with them subconscious to subconscious. All of what I'm saying is strictly metaphorical.
    That's why when I see some artists using the right tools and in large quantities I think "INFJ".
    okay, i didnt get the verbal pun, because:

Quote Originally Posted by subconscious wiki
    The term subconscious is used in many different contexts and has no single or precise definition. This greatly limits its significance as a definition-bearing concept, and in consequence the word tends to be avoided in academic and scientific settings.

In everyday speech and popular writing, however, the term is very commonly encountered as a layperson's replacement for the unconscious mind.

Though laypersons commonly assume "subconscious" to be a psychoanalytic term, this is not in fact the case. Sigmund Freud had explicitly condemned the word as long ago as 1915: "We shall also be right in rejecting the term 'subconsciousness' as incorrect and misleading".[4] In later publications his objections were made clear:

"If someone talks of subconsciousness, I cannot tell whether he means the term topographically – to indicate something lying in the mind beneath consciousness – or qualitatively – to indicate another consciousness, a subterranean one, as it were. He is probably not clear about any of it. The only trustworthy antithesis is between conscious and unconscious."[5]
    — C.G. Jung

Read

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well aren't you guys just special.
    Don't be sad. You can be special too.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post