• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What about your introvert/extrovert counterpart?

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For example, I'm an ENFP, so my introvert counterpart is INFPs.

I want you to share what you think about them. Do you know any introvert/extrovert counterpart of yours? Did you already had any interesting experiences with any of them?

Well, I find INFPs REALLY attractive. Even when they are not that pretty, most of the times i find myself atracted to them. I guess it's because they are so different from the others girls; I like their way of thinking and speaking. Their similar vision of the world.
On the other hand, I've never met any male INFP...

What about you guys?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs weird me out. It's like all of the strange things that go on in my head go on in theirs as well, but they don't filter it (as much anyway), so they often leave me with my jaw on the floor wondering "Did they really just say that out loud?!". However, this tendency is also why I love them. :D

Last edited:

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENTPs are pretty cool. I usually like them. Entertaining, interesting, sharp, funny, lots of enthusiasm for the sort of things I can get enthused about myself. Some of the stronger Es can get to be a bit much for me at times, but the same is true for any extrovert type.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For example, I'm an ENFP, so my introvert counterpart is INFPs.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTPs are cool, have been friends with one for almost 13 years

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
infps are very hit or miss for me. i either like
them instantly, like [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION], i have a total
girl crush on her. or else i'm very annoyed
by them. i think i'm like that with most
people, black and white like or annoyed.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've known many ENFJs IRL - I can think of one who tested as such and it really makes sense for her. She's great, though I think she can make things too hard for herself in life, but I relate. I think that's it, I relate a lot to them. They get passionate and upset about similar things, so they'd be one of the few types who I wouldn't mind saying things like "MY HEART WAS RIPPED FROM MY SOUL, EVEN THOUGH WE WERE NEVER EVEN IN A RELATIONSHIP TOGETHER!!!" (or whatever) to because generally they say things like that more freely than I do. :D They're more like to verbalize the feelings that I'm having...

Yeah, I definitely think female ENFJs are awesome. I know one guy who is a likely ENFJ and he's very cool but I don't know him that well. I think romantically, I'd find male ENFJs attractive at least in theory but I am really not sure I'd want to be with a guy who is probably at least as emotional as I am.

S

Society

INTPs make for good friends in 1on1 convo's, if sometimes a bit frustrating in social groups - although that might be me confusing a few cases of extreme introversion with insecurity. its actually really nice to let someone else keep track of the logical trains of thoughts for a change while i allow myself to go Ne-heywire.

i've never being romantically involved with an INTP, i wouldn't object to it, but i haven't being particularly attracted to an INTP to any degree that would inspire me to make the advances myself either... i guess its just not that kind of chemistry for me.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I seem to befriend practically every ENFP that I meet. Love 'em!

Although, relationship wise, I don't think we match all that well - too much combined madness :laugh: . But then that's what makes the friendships so much fun.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I either adore ENFP's (I can find them a little intimidating, if I like them) or they really irritate me.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My BFF/Hetero Life Mate is ENFJ. :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My feelings on INFPs are undetermined. It doesn't help that I know only two of them irl, both of them guys. Actually, there is one woman that I haven't decided on yet. Is it me, or do the INFP ladies seem to have a bit more assertive vibe than INFP men? Or maybe they're about the same, and their gender sets an expectation?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I only know one ENFJ in real life -- my sister! We are the same person, kinda, except that she has a ton way more energy than I do. It amazes me how 'so in the world' she seems. And she genuinely cares about people and goes out of her way to help/entertain/engage them, which is something I truly admire. :blush:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've been dating one for almost two years.

as similar as we are in a lot of ways...ways that count (to me) there's plenty of differences. i'm not that noticeable of an extrovert but it's very obvious i'm dom ne and he's dom fi.

R

Riva

INTPs as friends -

I get along extremely well with them. And when I meet an INTP and when we get to have one on one conversations, I become the silent one and the INTP becomes the one with the stories. I have so much of similar interests with INTPs I could probably talk to an INTP more than I could talk to my gf. And this obviously has been the scenario with all my EXes :laugh:.

Attracted to INTPs?

I have met many INTP males. (Confirmed ones too.) But I am yet to meet an INTP female. But I have heard INTP females look like this -

tumblr_lcvjj5VaXm1qczldho1_500.jpg

I am not very picky at all. But when it comes to my life partner I guess I have the right to be. So I guess an INTP female is a No No! :laugh:

Ps -

In all seriousness I have a feeling a relationship with an INTP female would not have any chemistry. Probably would end up as friends.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Same as [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION], me + INFP = pretty hit-or-miss. Usually very good understanding intellectually and emotionally but sometimes IRL we clash because of different value systems.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
infps are very hit or miss for me. i either like
them instantly, like [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION], i have a total
girl crush on her. or else i'm very annoyed
by them. i think i'm like that with most
people, black and white like or annoyed.

I either adore ENFP's (I can find them a little intimidating, if I like them) or they really irritate me.

Same as [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION], me + INFP = pretty hit-or-miss. Usually very good understanding intellectually and emotionally but sometimes IRL we clash because of different value systems.

Indeed, the INFP/ENFP relation is pretty much hit or miss. Maybe this applies to others too, like ENTP/INTP etc.
I know one INFP that I wish she never existed, oh my god.

i've been dating one for almost two years.

as similar as we are in a lot of ways...ways that count (to me) there's plenty of differences. i'm not that noticeable of an extrovert but it's very obvious i'm dom ne and he's dom fi.

Wow, two years? You must know in depth ENFP/INFP differences. Anything interesting enough to point out?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure a couple of my boyfriends in high school were infps too. I really need to feel understood. Or be with someone who values certain very important things in the same way. Infps can be all kinds of awesome I think. My favorite is that hardly anything normal ever comes out of his mouth. haha

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've always had a lot of enfps in my life. my mom is one, and right now my roommate who is one of my best friends from high school is an enfp too. we understand each other very well, have mostly the same way of thinking about things, and can have a lot of fun together just being silly or exploring together. i do get frustrated though because i feel like they're flakier and less committed than i am. or maybe i'm just more rigid. i'm very drawn to FPs in general as friends. romantically, i don't know, i think i may have had a thing for an enfp guy once but it didn't work out (again, flakiness).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm 80% sure that the only guy i'd considered a considered a serious relationship is INTJ