User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 53

  1. #1
    Member Grizzly On The Loose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESTp
    Posts
    35

    Default Do unhealthy INFJs have a tendency towards this kind of behavior?

    There is a certain female, possibly unhealthy, INFJ who I am very close to, but is also the only person I know capable of bringing me to tears and sometimes outright despair. I was wondering if the way she argues is common for unhealthy INFJs or is more specific.

    She had a tough life. Which is nothing bad in itself, but her rampant victim complex makes her think it allows her to ignore basic rules of fair conduct and common decency, and whenever she is criticized, for that reason or any other, she sees it as a personal attack. Whenever somebody starts to argue with her, she always tries to "read" that person, coming up with all kind of insane ideas about that person’s motivations, which throws her into a fit of rage. No matter how much people try to explain themselves or ask what her to explain what the hell even is her problem (which she can never answer), she ignores them and continues on her course. Any attempts at verbal defense are counterproductive, as she only gets angrier and angrier and throws more and more baseless insults. It is impossible to win such an argument, or even retreat, as she continues to provoke. The worst thing is that, afterwards, it’s almost impossible to reason with her even when she is calm, because she always sees herself as the sole victim and has illusions of moral purity even though she is very self-absorbed, cruel, merciless and often quite amoral and sociopathic.
    ENTJ 5w6 so/sp SLE

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    She could be an IxFP.

    What I've noticed with INFJs being annoying is more of, like, being passive-aggressive. Like not being directly mean or cutting, but being very nasty in a very "polite" or underhanded way, so they can still consider that their behavior exhibited proper decorum. That's what I've noticed with INFJs I've had issues with, is that they'll be more "holier than thou" opposed to what you're talking about. Then they play martyr, and when you start screaming at them they're like, "I didn't do anything to provoke this." ISFJs sometimes do the same thing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    See things from her POV and tell her so.

    Stop telling her BS and tell her she is right, you understand her position and you agree with her, even if you don't like it.

    Tell her she can count on you any time and leave her by herself to absorb the new you.



    You think this will work?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    I like ISFPs They are hot (with the exception of Marmie Dearest) but kind of dull.


    So I don't think she is one. Sounds like Fe.

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I like ISFPs They are hot (with the exception of Marmie Dearest) but kind of dull.


    So I don't think she is one. Sounds like Fe.
    No that's Fi. Thinking everything is about you, or is a personal insult is Fi. Her rage sounds like explosions of inferior Te. Try again.

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    In fact, I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would guess someone who would think that rules of propriety, decency, etc. don't apply to them would be Fe.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No that's Fi. Thinking everything is about you, or is a personal insult is Fi. Her rage sounds like explosions of inferior Te. Try again.
    If you say so.

    I think she is cheating.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    In fact, I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would guess someone who would think that rules of propriety, decency, etc. don't apply to them would be Fe.
    TPs have Fe

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    If you say so.

    I think she is cheating.
    He just described an unhealthy IxFP, or even an ExFP.

    I'm used to people on this forum not knowing the difference between Fi and Fe. I mean you don't even know a hot chick when you see one.

    And where are you making up this cheating nonsense? What are you reading into the post that's not even there?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What are you reading into the post that's not even there?
    Ne

Similar Threads

  1. [Ne] Do Unhealthy INFJs Test People to Find Weakness?
    By Winds of Thor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 08:02 PM
  2. Were you this kind of child?
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs: What type of people do you prefer having around?
    By Quay in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM
  4. [INFJ] do infjs have a hard time making big decisions?
    By grendiecat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. How would you feel in this kind of a environment?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO