• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Do unhealthy INFJs have a tendency towards this kind of behavior?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would concur with Marm that INFJ is an unlikely type for this person. INFJs will come across as being very similar to INTJs, to the point that one can easily be mistaken for a polite INTJ (and vice versa). If an INFJ has a problem with you, their typical action is to avoid you, exclude you from invitations, or make catty remarks about you and gossip about you. They will avoid confrontation because it's very stressful for them.

I'm less sure whether ISFP is a more likely type for your "certain female", but in general, an Fi type is more likely to say things that would strongly affect an ENTJ (with Fi inferior, it's hard to activate, but when it does, it goes boom!). And Marm is correct that an unhealthy ISFP is very likely to come up with all sorts of wild excuses and accusations, resorting to tertiary Ni to make up stories. In this regard, an ISFP makes up BAD stories at which most people will roll their eyes, while an unhealthy INFJ makes up credible stories (gossip behind your back) that others are very likely to believe.

Whatever her type, I would suggest that you not have such a person close enough to you to mess up your life.

this is how i am very polite to the person i'm mad at than go tell other people how much i hate them. i'm very non confrontational, hmmm maybe I'm not an INFP.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this is how i am very polite to the person i'm mad at than go tell other people how much i hate them. i'm very non confrontational, hmmm maybe I'm not an INFP.

Maybe, but this isn't decisive. INFPs aren't confrontational, either.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yeah i sort of said that, half heartely

But you do kind of go off on people and tell them exactly what you think, sort of like I do, except different.

At least on line you do this. I know, because you get banned for it. Hrm?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But you do kind of go off on people and tell them exactly what you think, sort of like I do, except different.

At least on line you do this. I know, because you get banned for it. Hrm?
yes i do online, but irl, i'm too afraid of being punched in the face to do so.or seeing them cry, i can't stand when people cry.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what makes mbti so .. interesting to me. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but I read enough to see that some people know of INFJ's who can/do behave as the behavior cited in the OP, and others do not see it. Another example of things not being cut and dry across the board for everyone of a given type!

Anywho... to the OP, I can't identify at all. I've never in my life been provoked to a 'fit of rage', or lashed out at people in that way. If anything, the more stressful and conflict-heavy a situation becomes, the more externally calm I try to be, and when trying to work through the conflict, I become probably more detached than other people would prefer.

However - I have an INFJ friend who is much more prone to anger and lashing out in the heat of the moment. Maybe this has more of a tie to enneagram or other defense mechanisms than pure mbti?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes i do online, but irl, i'm too afraid of being punched in the face to do so.or seeing them cry, i can't stand when people cry.

Ah, but you do it on-line, and those are Fi reasonings for avoiding confrontation in real life. You don't want to get punched in the face. You don't like to see other people cry, because it empathetically hurts your Fi.

No mention of avoiding confrontation to promote social harmony or make people happy or because it's the morally correct thing to do.

I avoid confrontation IRL typically because I don't want to hurt people or bring problems upon my self. When I do confront people it's because I feel that it would be cowardly and enabling not to.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ah, but you do it on-line, and those are Fi reasonings for avoiding confrontation in real life. You don't want to get punched in the face. You don't like to see other people cry, because it empathetically hurts your Fi.

No mention of avoiding confrontation to promote social harmony or make people happy or because it's the morally correct thing to do.

I avoid confrontation IRL typically because I don't want to hurt people or bring problems upon my self. When I do confront people it's because I feel that it would be cowardly and enabling not to.
Yeah I'm selfish, but i make awesome food so that makes up for it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
(i Know, but i am i rarely take other people into account)

Makes you more attractive than being a bitch who finds anybodies shit hilarious.
(what counts for Marm as well)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Outside of type (and I can't figure that out from the details in this thread - she could be an INFJ, or something else) it does sound as though she may have BPD or BPD-like traits.

But then, I may just have BPD on the brain these days - I've been looking more into it over the past year due to having to deal with someone who either has BPD or leans in that direction. And thank goodness, I'm not dealing with her much any more and will try to keep it that way.