User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can totally relate!

I'll have a think and try to contribute more.

(It could also be a 4w5 thing, too...)
    4w5 sp/sx EII

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I can totally relate!

I'll have a think and try to contribute more.

(It could also be a 4w5 thing, too...)
    It could also be 4w5 traits too, you do have a point. Heavy 5-wing can certainly contribute to being more in touch with thoughts and being hyper-analytical about one's feelings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    It could also be 4w5 traits too, you do have a point. Heavy 5-wing can certainly contribute to being more in touch with thoughts and being hyper-analytical about one's feelings.
    I'm not a 4, but I think my type 6 has a 5 wing (more so than a 7) so there could be something there
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'm not a 4, but I think my type 6 has a 5 wing (more so than a 7) so there could be something there
    Basically 5-wing= propensity for pondering and analyzing things (or should that be over-analyzing things... it sometimes feels more like over-analyzing things. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeah, in my case it's definitely over-analyzing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Related to the posts by @SilkRoad and @AntiheroComplex ... this is what I am getting at. A sort of emotional suppression, like the emotions I experience can make me feel as if I am out of control. Part of me enjoys the ride if I am engaging with art and music and film, I like the emotional intensity. But when it comes to dealing with my own feelings, because I know how sensitive I can be, I hate letting them out of the cupboard, it makes me much more vulnerable, likely to have my heart ripped and destroyed by either harsh words, ridicule, or by sheer disappointment of not living up to my own expectations. I end up resorting to listening to reason and logic because thought is what it is, and if you're wrong, it's nothing directed at you personally, it's just a flaw of thought rather than flaw of personality.

It's definitely a push-pull relationship I experience. I tend to feel that things make much more sense to me when I am analyzing things, pulling apart the system at play. But understanding my own emotions and how I feel about something, while I am aware of it, the system I am unraveling becomes less clear and difficult for me to reason with. Like I know that I should do what feels right for me, and I also like to make sure others are taken care of as well. But I often want to understand WHY I feel the way I do, the hidden reason behind it. I am passionate in the core level, and those that are very close to me know what makes me feel passionate... but I prefer to keep a calm exterior about things. Again, the feeling of loss of emotional control.
    I can relate very much to this, especially the bolded part.

I can become passionate about social causes...the more impossible they seem to fix, the more I'm moved by them. I will often put on music, read about certain scientific topics, look at pictures, artwork, or dance to trigger emotional intensity. But I do not wish to share it. I cannot imagine feeling that sort of intensity toward another person or worse, showing it. I interpret that as being out of control.

It can take a lot of time and space to unravel my feelings. Why do I feel this way? What is underneath? What does it mean to me? I didn't spend time doing this when I was younger but I have found that it is a mistake to ignore this part of myself. It needs tending to, so I take the time to carefully untangle all the strands, assign meaning to them, and put them where they belong.